Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

But honestly, Rossy was a great choice.  Even as a player he would bust guys' balls if he felt they needed it, and that's what has been lacking since he retired.  He's friends with a bunch of the guys, so they know he's not just being a ****.  But even more importantly, the guy knows baseball.  I just hope he knows how to manage a pitching staff.............

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, hrubes20 said:

It hurts me to say it, but I honestly think a very savvy move this offseason would be to trade Willy for some pitching and then to sign Grandal.  See what the Rays would pay out of their stable of pitchers and prospects.

Rays Looking for C Help and RH Power

Like I said, explore this trade with the Rays.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Russell is gone. Good. 

We needed him in 2016, but there's no reason to keep him around anymore. Way too much baggage, not enough production. We can probably find a glove-first backup SS for half of the cost - Jose Iglesias got $2.5M last year, for example. 

5 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Russell is gone. Good. 

We needed him in 2016, but there's no reason to keep him around anymore. Way too much baggage, not enough production. We can probably find a glove-first backup SS for half of the cost - Jose Iglesias got $2.5M last year, for example. 

Even if you were a person that could look past him being an absolute scumbag, his production in 2019 was abysmal.  Saving the $5+ million and getting rid of the puke was a no-brainer.

8 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

If you want the Cubs to win, then yes, yes it is.

Yeah, I forgot about Hoerner already too. I just don’t wanna see DD out there. And I really hope we don’t trade KB. I’d rather trade Baez than him, preferably neither. I’d rather trade Contreras or Schwarber.