Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I don't think they have bird rights for I-Hart, so he would be wise to go somewhere like OKC where he can still win and get much more money. Role players coming off career years shouldn't be taking discounts.

The problem(s) with Randle is that he's almost 30, he's often injured, he's really streaky, and he sucks in the playoffs. People talk about what teams would give up for him, but I think the Knicks would have to give up something to get him taken off our hands.

Mitch is another limited player who often deals with injuries. Problem is that he has ambitions to be a 30 min a game starter.

I think Randle can still be the 2nd option on that team. I do not like it if Bridges becomes the 2nd option. Randle can still get a bucket, you can't just rely on Brunson to be the sole creator.

I love seeing how all of these teams giving away tons of picks and young players has blown up in their faces.  KD being moved for Bridges, Johnson and a bunch of picks and the Suns would likely be better off if they just kept both of Bridges and Johnson. The Clippers trading SGA and a bunch of picks for Paul George and SGA is now a top 5 player in the league. Minnesota sends a ton of picks and players for Gobert who has helped some but is a liability in the playoffs and the reason they advanced is more to do with Ant and KAT playing well. The Cavs getting Mitchell has been decent but not a ton of results and Lauri meanwhile is turning into a very good player and is not threatening to blow up the team by leaving. Harden obviously hasn't worked out in all of the situations that gave up their futures for him.  

It's refreshing to see that fail so much in hopes of teams building and winning more organically or at least just through free agency opposed to going all in and ruining the next five years.  Its great to see a star or two drafted by a team with a balanced roster that fits around them is better than 3 max deals and scrubs to fill the roster.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I think Randle can still be the 2nd option on that team. I do not like it if Bridges becomes the 2nd option. Randle can still get a bucket, you can't just rely on Brunson to be the sole creator.

I think the Knicks did a great job of fixing things around Brunson this year and now with this.  They just need to be healthy.  I think Randle can work on this team and maybe be the primary 2nd option but the fact they have Bridges and OG and Divincenzo they have other options if Randle is off.  And hopefully that will keep Randle more engaged when he is off because the team still has a chance.  If they can't bring OG back, I think they will be in a similar spot as last year though.  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think the Knicks did a great job of fixing things around Brunson this year and now with this.  They just need to be healthy.  I think Randle can work on this team and maybe be the primary 2nd option but the fact they have Bridges and OG and Divincenzo they have other options if Randle is off.  And hopefully that will keep Randle more engaged when he is off because the team still has a chance.  If they can't bring OG back, I think they will be in a similar spot as last year though.  

OG was the X-Factor that made the team worth a damn. Even if Mikal can provide a similar skillset, you can never have enough Uber-elite role players. As I said, we need to go all in on fit to make up for the talent gap between us and the other contenders.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

You haven't won a playoff series in two years because your most important player has trouble staying healthy for an entire season. Would be one thing if he were still 25, but he's turning 30 this year and is extremely reliant on uber athleticism

Lol freak late season injuries = has trouble staying healthy for an entire season apparently now. 

If you wanna say that Middleton can't stay healthy, sure, but he's been there each playoff series the last two years, which is what matters most. 

An offseason of normalcy will do wonders for Lillard as well. Those three together did damage when on the court. We're far better than the Lakers lmao. 

Wish y'all the best but we're still a major contender until Giannis leaves town/retires. 

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol freak late season injuries = has trouble staying healthy for an entire season apparently now. 

If you wanna say that Middleton can't stay healthy, sure, but he's been there each playoff series the last two years, which is what matters most. 

An offseason of normalcy will do wonders for Lillard as well. Those three together did damage when on the court. We're far better than the Lakers lmao. 

Wish y'all the best but we're still a major contender until Giannis leaves town/retires. 

In all seriousness, I take y'all seriously. Just inserting some braggadocio.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Knicks have out grown Randle. If they bring OG back which will happen(His agent is the son of Leon Rose) where would you play Randle? Also he would just clog up the offense. 

maybe a move to memphis or san antonio. or golden state. or dallas. or philly. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Knicks have out grown Randle. If they bring OG back which will happen(His agent is the son of Leon Rose) where would you play Randle? Also he would just clog up the offense. 

Zach Lowe's column suggested today that they should let him start but stagger his minutes so he plays mostly with the 2nd unit to be the primary scoring option for them with those guys. 

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Zach Lowe's column suggested today that they should let him start but stagger his minutes so he plays mostly with the 2nd unit to be the primary scoring option for them with those guys. 

He'd be fantastic in that role, but his ego (can't blame him, he's 29 and still puts up big numbers) will prevent him from playing a role like that.

Same thing with Mitch. I know the guy wants to prove he can put up 20-10 every night and shoot 3's.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

Not gonna work cause of ego and then you’re sitting him down to close games. Mikal should be the guy they lean on to lead that second unit. 

Also it’s smart to trade Randle so they can add some depth to that team

Edited by agarcia34

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Not gonna work cause of ego and then you’re sitting him down to close games. Mikal should be the guy they lean on to lead that second unit. 

Also it’s smart to trade Randle so they can add some depth to that team

It's too bad Julius' flaws are so obvious to the rest of the league. Troy Weaver would've been dumb enough to trade Jaden Ivey for him maybe, but he's gone :(

Ok so OG's return was clearly never in doubt lol. Kind of funny that a guy with such mediocre box score stats gets $212M, but we went 27-6 with him! Guess he's our Tayshaun Prince.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!