[UPDATE: OVERTURNED] --- NFL ordered to pay $4.7 billion+ in Sunday Ticket class action lawsuit

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Nah bias is totally different. What you see from fact checkers, news, etc is carefully professionally orchestrated propaganda by billion dollar companies lobbying and pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Their bias is money and their control of it. They're also not that organized nor that competent. 

Just look at the NFL......massively corrupt until **** hits the fan and they have to course correct.

On 8/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I read the entire AP article. The judge said that 2 key witnesses for the plaintiffs' testimony should never have been included, and that if that testimony wasn't included "no reasonable jury would have awarded damages". These 2 key witnesses were economics professors talking about the NFL's monopoly and how it hurt consumers in the economics arena. The judge disagreed with what both witnesses said about how the NFL operated the monopoly and how it impacted consumers.

The judge essentially decided that he knew more about economics on a macro, micro and business level than these 2 expert witnesses did, so he not only tossed the case, but reversed the decision and found in the NFL's favor.

This case reeks of something fishy.

what's the point of even having juries

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Let him cook 

You and I know most people on this forum are actually the fact checker type with zero critical thinking skills lol, the ones who liked my post are a small minority. 

They will believe whatever they see, if it’s repeated every day, with emotion, by the TV, Internet, etc. Brainwashing/Grooming. Our country is the biggest culprit of brainwashing/grooming via media (TV/Internet), Celebrities (who are all paid for their character assassinations), social media, fact checkers, etc. Although Russia and China are pretty bad too. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I mean Churchill tho...

Got thrown out of office the minute the war was over because he was a great war time leader and terrible peace time leader. Bit more complicated than that but outside of the dog in fallout london not a fan of Winston "The Fridge" Churchill.

Why do so many people so strongly desire the NFL pay billions in a civil jury award?

This is an incredibly common occurrence in big jury verdicts for entire history of our country and before going back centuries to common law England.

Edited by dll2000
typo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

entire jury agrees NFL violated anti-trust laws

This one judge: "Well actually no"

"They considered this evidence I allowed them to hear in my courtroom......disgusting this is their fault" 

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

Why do so many people so strongly desire the NFL pay billions in a civil jury award?

This is an incredibly common occurrence in big jury verdicts for entire history of our country and before going back to centuries to common law England.

The NFL doesn't only cares about $. If you hurt their $ they course correct this is corporation 101. "Fans demand fair pricing model for NFL sunday ticket" NFL rigs NFL sunday ticket pricing model, fans complain, lawsuit decade later, VINDICATED THE JURY FOUND THEM GUILTY!!!, Judge overrules on a technicality he allowed and somewhere somehow got richer.

Do you see why we hate the system and the NFL? When held to justice it's thrown away by like a $50,000 bribe to one dude. Might've even superbowl tickets to his kid in a random lottery for all we know.

10 minutes ago, Xmad said:

The NFL doesn't only cares about $. If you hurt their $ they course correct this is corporation 101. "Fans demand fair pricing model for NFL sunday ticket" NFL rigs NFL sunday ticket pricing model, fans complain, lawsuit decade later, VINDICATED THE JURY FOUND THEM GUILTY!!!, Judge overrules on a technicality he allowed and somewhere somehow got richer.

Do you see why we hate the system and the NFL? When held to justice it's thrown away by like a $50,000 bribe to one dude. Might've even superbowl tickets to his kid in a random lottery for all we know.

Who are you to demand what they charge?   Should I be able to set price for your services?   If it is too much, don't pay it.  That is way commerce works. 

I have never paid for Sunday ticket or Redzone and haven't paid for cable in more than 20 years.   I haven't bought HBO or Max for Hard Knocks.  I haven't had ESPN for a very long while.   I have also never flown first class or driven a Porsche or lived in a 4 bedroom house.   I seldom go out to eat to fancy restaurants.   I would do all these things if price was cheaper.   Do I demand justice?  

You have zero evidence there was a bribe of any kind.  Overturned large jury verdicts are common.  But you have this guy getting superbowl tickets for his son.

• Like 1