Worst movie you've ever seen?

JonStark

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. On my most recent rewatch of the Director's Cut, it definitely dragged at times and does have 2 pretty bad performances (Ackerman and Gugino), but overall it's a very good movie IMO.

I know that he came back for small parts in All the King's Men and Semi-Pro but it re-introduced the world to Jackie Earle Haley in the most badass way possible. Rorschach lifted that movie up quite a bit for me. I thought that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great as well. I dunno, I just love alt-history stuff too. Mix it with superhero/badass performances and I'm hooked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. On my most recent rewatch of the Director's Cut, it definitely dragged at times and does have 2 pretty bad performances (Ackerman and Gugino), but overall it's a very good movie IMO.

Ozymandias, Rorschach, and Doctor Manhattan just killed it.

• Like 2

there’s some really really bad takes here. Really, Watchmen was worse than Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life on Lifetime or The Room? **** all the way off with that 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Ozymandias, Rorschach, and Doctor Manhattan just killed it.

this. Great movie. I ruined it tho. I have a thing in person where I backwards brain things and say things backwards without meaning to. I was quoting it to my buddy and said “you’re not trapped in here with me, I’m trapped in here with you!” like he’s had a startling realization that he’s gonna get his *** kicked by everyone there he put away. We laughed pretty good at it. 

I also flip flopped the dazed and confused quote with “they keep getting older and I stay the same age” like Matthew McConaughey is a vampire or something. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I also flip flopped the dazed and confused quote with “they keep getting older and I stay the same age” like Matthew McConaughey is a vampire or something. 

A pint, a pint, a pint.

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Not enough Audrey Hepburn for ozzys liking

I had no preconceived notions before watching Watchmen, I did not know the original story or comic book series.  Is it the worst movie ever, probably not but considering the hype it came out with at the time, yeah I would say it freaking sucked and was a pretty big disappointment.  I barely recall anything positive about it, but sure if one loves Comic Book movies maybe there are things to like about it when already knowing the entire story before ever watching the film.  There is a reason why it is not shown much at all after the fact.  It is a pretty forgettable movie.  

Sabrina
Roman Holiday
Breakfast at Tiffany
My Fair Lady
Wait Until Dark
The Nun's Story
Charade

How dare you bring Audrey's name in connection to this trash, there is a reason why her movies are iconic and shown constantly year after year.  They are memorable and worth watching again, Watchmen is not.

If I recall correctly wasn't The Princess Bride considered one of the best romance films of all time by you and many others around here, talk about poor taste.  😝

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

If I recall correctly wasn't The Princess Bride considered one of the best romance films of all time by you and many others around here, talk about poor taste.  

What's the theme of that movie?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

What's the theme of that movie?

A family friendly Fantasy adventure.

If any film where guy gets girl is considered a Romance purely, then Good Will Hunting, Blade Runner, Napolean Dynamite, Scarface, Tommy Boy, Dances With Wolves etc are all romance films....  oh and Dumb and Dumber is a tragic romance....

Edited by Ozzy

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

A family friendly Fantasy adventure.

If any film where guy gets girl is considered a Romance purely, then Good Will Hunter, Blade Runner, Napolean Dynamite, Scarface, Tommy Boy, Dances With Wolves etc are all romance films....  oh and Dumb and Dumber is a tragic romance....

*Good Will Hunting
*Blade Runner
*Meet Joe Black
*Glory (1989)
*The Shawshank Redemption
*The Perks of Being a Wallflower
*To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
*Mad Max Fury Road
*Napolean Dynamite
*Scarface (1983)
*The King's Speech
*Tommy Boy
*The Bourne Identity
*A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
*Diner 1982
*Dances With Wolves
*The Hurt Locker

That's not a theme. I won't get into the rest, because you listed multiple movies where there is no couple at the end and romance is literally never even hinted at throughout the entire film.

The theme of The Princess Bride is true love conquers all. The romance drives the entire plot of the story. It takes place in a fantasy setting and is family friendly, but the story and main theme is all about Buttercup, Wesley and what they'd do/overcome to be together.

But this will be the last time I post on this, because I don't want to detail the thread anymore.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's not a theme. I won't get into the rest, because you listed multiple movies where there is no couple at the end and romance is literally never even hinted at throughout the entire film.

The theme of The Princess Bride is true love conquers all. The romance drives the entire plot of the story. It takes place in a fantasy setting and is family friendly, but the story and main theme is all about Buttercup, Wesley and what they'd do/overcome to be together.

But this will be the last time I post on this, because I don't want to detail the thread anymore.

My mistake, the typed part in the post was the list I was referencing, and all have to do with guy getting the girl in the end and the guy going after the girl is a main point of the entire film.  A majority of all films have that theme so to call any film with that theme a Romance is a little much I would say.  

Good Will Hunting
Blade Runner
Napolean Dynamite
Scarface
Tommy Boy
Dances With Wolves
Dumb and Dumber 

In terms of derailing the thread, well The Princess Bride if considered not a family friendly fantasy adventure, and only considered a pure romantic film for adults, one could argue yeah that is one of the worst movies ever made.  Now could it be considered a kids movie romance, sure but main point is that it is for children.  Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty are all "love conquers all"  romance in the film but to call any a pure romance film is a joke, it is a kids movie.  So if The Princess Bride is hands down an adult romance film then so are all of those Disney films and honestly those Disney films are better movies to watch overall.

Edited by Ozzy