2024 Keeper Help

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I guess I'm so traditional in the sense that I always favor RBs over anything else. I think Achane has the potential to be the best fantasy back in all of football. Opportunity and health will be the only thing holding him back imo. 

But I totally get the McBride thought. Dude was a top tier TE for me after he took over.   

I get the attraction of the RB.  I just look at the number of RB that could be taken instead of Achane vs the TE in place of McBride.  

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I get the attraction of the RB.  I just look at the number of RB that could be taken instead of Achane vs the TE in place of McBride.  

It's about gained value of the pick more than anything IMO.  Achane is the #20 dynasty/keeper player so getting him for a 9th is a no brainer even above Taylor who is #13 so a very good value for a 4th.  McBride is ranked 32 so I get the attraction but if I were to keep McBride it would be instead of Taylor.  

Another way to look at it would be if keeping Achane and McBride, you get to draft a starter in the 6th and have top tier starters from the 8th and 9th rounds where as if you are not keeping them, you likely are getting depth dart throws in those rounds.  

I think Taylor and Achane is the best option IMO, just to have the elite duo at RB at the best value.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Full point PPR

Keeping Stroud at 14.2

Need to choose between 

1.9 Tyreek Hill
4.2 Jonathan Taylor
7.9 Brandon Aiyuk
8.2 Mike Evans

I am leaning Aiyuk

If you have to pick right now, I would lean Aiyuk but I would wait as long as possible and see how his situation plays out.  The longer he holds out, the riskier he gets as injuries tend to pop up more on guys who sit out and join late.  Or if he ends up in a bad situation if traded.  JT is the other option I would consider but the value of Aiyuk is significantly higher as long as he gets a deal done and back on the field soon.  

• Like 2

On 7/29/2024 at 6:59 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm in a 12 man, 0.5 PPR two keeper league. Here's my options and the associated pick I lose this season if I kept that player (Draft order is TBD):

• QB Patrick Mahomes -> 2nd rounder
  • RB Jonathan Taylor -> 4th rounder
  • WR Diontae Johnson -> 6th rounder
  • RB Brian Robinson Jr -> 7th rounder
  • TE Trey McBride -> 8th rounder
  • QB Jordan Love -> 8th rounder
  • RB Jerome Ford -> 8th rounder
  • RB De'Von Achane -> 9th rounder

I am most definitely leaning towards JT w/ 4th and Achane w/ 9th, but wanted to confirm my choices here. McBride or Love in the 8th is slightly tempting too.

Achane and Love or McBride. The value of the rounds with those players seem to be a cut above the rest of your options. I'm not so sure Taylor is Better than Achane either at this point especially long term, so I'd go Achane over Taylor especially factoring in the round difference between them.   

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, The BILLievers said:

10 team, .5 PPR, allowed one keeper and you forfeit your 1st round pick. 

Do I keep Jahmyr Gibbs as my first round pick? If I don't the available players will be: Saquon Barkley, JT, St. Brown, Kyren Williams

Hmmm I really like Gibbs' upside and would draft him before any of the RBs but would probably draft the Sun God as my 1st option than Gibbs 2nd, followed by JT / SaQuon / Kyren 

Can keep 5 guys out of those, who would you choose?
Superflex/3WR/2RB half-ppr 10 teams league. 200$ team budget. 

Garrett Wilson (5$) 
Kyren Williams (3$) 
Rashaad White (4$) 
Tua Tagovailoa (6$) 
Zamir White (3$) 
Diontae Johnson (3$) 
Zay Flowers (7$) 
SaQuon Barkley (30$) 

Wilson / Williams / White / Tua (since it's superflex, can be good QB2 or even QB3 for cheap) / then I'm struggling with the last choice. 
Who would you go with? 

5 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Garrett Wilson (5$) 
Kyren Williams (3$) 
Rashaad White (4$) 
Tua Tagovailoa (6$) 
Zamir White (3$) 
Diontae Johnson (3$) 
Zay Flowers (7$) 
SaQuon Barkley (30$) 

Wilson / Williams / White / Tua (since it's superflex, can be good QB2 or even QB3 for cheap) / then I'm struggling with the last choice. 
Who would you go with? 

Zamir or Rashaad.   I would keep Wilson, WIlliams, R White, Tua, Z White.   You have WR1, RB1-3 and QB2 for a total of $21

• Like 3

On 8/8/2024 at 10:00 AM, twslhs20 said:

In a full PPR 3 WR 2 RB 2 Flex league. 1 Keeper

DK Metcalf for a 2nd

DJ Moore for a 4th

Mike Evans for a 5th

Zay Flowers for an 8th

Raheem Mostert for a 10th

I would probably keep Flowers for an 8th or Evans for a 5th. Evans is the best player but I think his ADP is inflated and he will lose touches to Jalen McMillian.  Flowers is scary because he has Lamar and nobody has been a great WR under Lamar but he had a strong finish and has more upside IMO.  Plus its getting a solid starter in the 8th which is rare.   

Mostert I think falls off with Achane and Wright there to steal carries. DJ Moore has a lot of other weapons around and no chance DK is worth a 2nd. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 2:14 AM, MagicMT said:

Garrett Wilson (5$) 
Kyren Williams (3$) 
Rashaad White (4$) 
Tua Tagovailoa (6$) 
Zamir White (3$) 
Diontae Johnson (3$) 
Zay Flowers (7$) 
SaQuon Barkley (30$) 

Who would you go with? 

Its between Zamir White and Dionte Johnson.  I think Dionte blows up and Zamir could be last years Mattison.  Given you already have two RBs I would lean towards Johnson but either would make sense.  

• Like 2

On 7/30/2024 at 5:53 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

It's about gained value of the pick more than anything IMO.  Achane is the #20 dynasty/keeper player so getting him for a 9th is a no brainer even above Taylor who is #13 so a very good value for a 4th.  McBride is ranked 32 so I get the attraction but if I were to keep McBride it would be instead of Taylor.  

Another way to look at it would be if keeping Achane and McBride, you get to draft a starter in the 6th and have top tier starters from the 8th and 9th rounds where as if you are not keeping them, you likely are getting depth dart throws in those rounds.  

I think Taylor and Achane is the best option IMO, just to have the elite duo at RB at the best value.  

I'd also caveat that by saying that I'm lean a shade more favorable toward Achane in leagues with an IR slot.  Achane got injured 3 times last season, IIRC, so that actually adds to the risk/reward balance for me because if I can just deposit him on the IR and speculatively pickup a high-upside RB who isn't likely to hit till mid/late season, if he does in the 2024 season, I'm a bit more prone to do such a thing because I know that Achane, in particular, is going to give me multiple bites at that apple.  Even more so if it's a keeper league (not dynasty), because that's how I've ended up with hot irons like Kyren Williams (last season) and David Johnson (ahead of his big breakout).

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would probably keep Flowers for an 8th or Evans for a 5th. Evans is the best player but I think his ADP is inflated and he will lose touches to Jalen McMillian.  Flowers is scary because he has Lamar and nobody has been a great WR under Lamar but he had a strong finish and has more upside IMO.  Plus its getting a solid starter in the 8th which is rare.   

Mostert I think falls off with Achane and Wright there to steal carries. DJ Moore has a lot of other weapons around and no chance DK is worth a 2nd. 

I'd probably still pop for Evans in the 5th there as a keeper in a full PPR league.  With keepers removed - he didn't say how many teams in the league - he's likely looking at a 2-round shelf/acceleration over standard ADP in terms of projecting where guys will go.  This roughly puts Evans at straight value (I have him at the bottom of my 5th tier in full PPR, but based on what he's likely to see available in those first 4 rounds, that's effectively casting Evans as his WR2, which 5th-tier is fine for me).  Even if he ends up paying the premium and biting a round or two ahead of normal ADP to ensure getting Flowers, he's still only being cast as a WR3 and there should be guys available in that same range who, in the format, can be just as effective WR3's with a smidge less upside if he misses on him - Christian Kirk balls out in PPR, Diontae Johnson and Terry McClaurin should still be #1 targets in their offenses, and if he doesn't get disciplined this season Rashee Rice is going to be a steal in that range).

• Like 1