Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Probably because he is coming off an injury and might be no good until half way through year.  

They are also hoping until probably last week that Davis was going to come around and they could play Bates at C backed by Shelton with Davis at RG as planned.   

Davis still might be starting RG.   Likely even.   I guess we will see how it plays out.   Each week that goes by looks worse though.   

Yeah, but Davis is also always hurt and is a constant loafer

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think the standing assumption for most is that Homer is pretty safe both as a solid ST guy and also as a former Waldron guy, but he gives you nothing on offense.

Homer had 40 carries over 2 seasons under Waldron, and was already on the Seahawks for 2 seasons before Waldron got there. Not sure that really constitutes as one of "his guys"

If Homer makes the roster its because he is the ST Captain, other than that I dont know how he holds onto a roster spot

52 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Homer had 40 carries over 2 seasons under Waldron, and was already on the Seahawks for 2 seasons before Waldron got there. Not sure that really constitutes as one of "his guys"

If Homer makes the roster its because he is the ST Captain, other than that I dont know how he holds onto a roster spot

I was thinking of him as a “Waldron guy” more in that he’s versed in the offense. Agree wholeheartedly about what should be a precarious roster spot though. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Ja'trye Carter has really fell from grace.

He was one of first off bench last year at G wasn't he?

Right now he is buried. 

It was telling to me last year when attrition hit and we were out of the playoff picture and he still couldn’t get much if any playing time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I don't really know and I don't care.  Still seems like this guy (Ricky) did/does have a source.   I also maintain the daBears blog guy does too.  

Greg Gabriel talking about someone being made to look like a fool is some ironic s***

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Alright, why in the hell didn't they cut him and sign Connor Williams at 1 year 6 million?  

Because he's still receiving guaranteed money through 2024.  They can cut him but they'd still have to pay him unless he signs elsewhere and he has offset language in his contract.  But even then a team could pay him a vet minimum and the Bears would still be on the hook for the rest.  Looks to me like we cut a bad deal for this guy.