49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

If they don’t trade/sign him, they’ll probably end up franchising him, they still have to pay Brock and Trent

Not sure how a franchise tag and $24-25M in guaranteed salary works with SF cap space for 2025

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean New England was willing to pay 32 million a year apparently, so doesn't seem like he's overvaluing himself in that regard if he's looking for 29-30. 

NE also desperately needs playmakers, but I mean all the extras as well, trying to dictate where he goes etc. I just don’t see him as that level of player, maybe it’s just me. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I don't blame him at all for wanting to get paid. However, he had the opportunity to be traded to a handful of teams that were willing to pay him and were also offering something SF would consider, but he didn't want to go to those teams. I don't feel that bad for him.

I don't believe for one second he has any say on where he's gonna go.

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Lol. He’s worth a 1st and a 3rd

Right now he's not worth that. 

But I'm skeptical that Jim wexell knows anything. But maybe I've just happened to not ever hear of him. I don't know every beat writer or anything

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right now he's not worth that. 

But I'm skeptical that Jim wexell knows anything. But maybe I've just happened to not ever hear of him. I don't know every beat writer or anything

I don’t trust most of the beat reporters when it comes to Steelers(as a Steelers fan) but Wexell is probably better than most.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't believe for one second he has any say on where he's gonna go.

What do you mean?

It's unlikely any team is willing to trade for him (at least give up any significant compensation for him) without him agreeing to an extension - so I'd definitely say he at least has some say in where he goes. Sure, a random team may be willing to give up minimal compensation without him agreeing to an extension, but they're unlikely to offer premium assets to the 49ers without having a new deal agreed upon.

I mean, just look at the rumors involving Cleveland and New England. Both are supposedly willing to pay him what he wants and pay SF what they want, but he has a say in not wanting to sign a contract with either team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Not sure how a franchise tag and $24-25M in guaranteed salary works with SF cap space for 2025

Yeah, I don't think it's feasible that they can carry the cap hit over the entire year. I do think it's possible that they can maneuver some money temporarily to tag and then extend (if they are close at that point) or trade him, but don't think they can just tag him and play it out. Even if they were going to trade him after a tag, the expected return would have to be worth whatever damage you're going to do to your cap by moving said money around. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think it's feasible that they can carry the cap hit over the entire year. I do think it's possible that they can maneuver some money temporarily to tag and then extend (if they are close at that point) or trade him, but don't think they can just tag him and play it out. Even if they were going to trade him after a tag, the expected return would have to be worth whatever damage you're going to do to your cap by moving said money around. 

yeah, it is essentially a redo of what is going on now but with a bigger cap charge for SF to have for however long it would take to get a trade done or hammer out an extension.   

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Flipside to that coin Dawg is that Aiyuk doesn't have to settle for getting sent to purgatory, he doesn't have to say yes. 

I'm sure SF wants to send him to the AFC, not to a potential NFC contender. Makes perfect sense. However limits potential suitors. Why does Aiyuk have to go to NE or Cleveland? Because they were willing to pay top WR money?

I understand the notion of Brandon wanting his cake and eating it too but how do we know the compensation from other Organizations aren't there but SF doesn't want to trade him to specific teams?

Like with Lamb a lot of this could of been avoided had the SF FO gave him a contract "before" all of these high dollar extensions were given. 

Anyone really think if SF approachched Aiyuk before FA offering a DeVonta Smith type deal, before 5 other WR contracts were given out he doesn't sign? I don't.  

SF FO is just as much to blame (probably more) for this situation as Aiyuk,  just saying. 

Only addressing the first point- Aiyuk signed a contract.  He knew the terms of this contract, and knew the fifth year option would be a possibility.  

If he waits a year, he can choose 100% where he goes.  He doesn’t have to settle for his second or third choice, or just any team that pays him.  If the Commanders want him, they can sign him this coming off-season so he can play with his best friend Jayden Daniels.  

But right now?  The 49ers hold the cards, and if Aiyuk wants out, his options are more limited than if he were to, you know, wait out the terms of the contract he signed.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DawgX said:

What do you mean?

It's unlikely any team is willing to trade for him (at least give up any significant compensation for him) without him agreeing to an extension - so I'd definitely say he at least has some say in where he goes. Sure, a random team may be willing to give up minimal compensation without him agreeing to an extension, but they're unlikely to offer premium assets to the 49ers without having a new deal agreed upon.

I mean, just look at the rumors involving Cleveland and New England. Both are supposedly willing to pay him what he wants and pay SF what they want, but he has a say in not wanting to sign a contract with either team.

I think the rumors are just disinformation put out by the Niners to create the illusion of a bidding war. This whole thing is about money and that's it. Aiyuk has a certain dollar amount in his head and I refuse to believe he won't accept that amount regardless of the team offering it.

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I’d be pissed if the Commanders offered a 1st or a 2nd.  A third?  Sure, absolutely, do it.  But I’m fine giving up the cap space for the player, I’m not giving up draft picks too.  We aren’t ’one player away’ to justify it.  I can wait a year and bring in Higgins or Aiyuk via FA.