WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

Paraag needed to prove his worth. He needs everyone to know deals dont get done without him. 

Paraag showed how big of a fool he is and how the team still ends up giving in to the players demands later in camp. A tradition like no other lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Browns offered Cooper+2nd+5th but we are to accept just a 2nd rounder from the Steelers? So dumb. 

Apparently they aren't even offering that?

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently they aren't even offering that?

Lol what??? We may as well have Aiyuk sit all year and get a compensatory 3rd pick then.

Edited by 9erFreak77
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Paraag showed how big of a fool he is and how the team still ends up giving in to the players demands later in camp. A tradition like no other lol. 

I'm pretty sure every other team in the NFL would kill to have Paraag in their front office. The guy is very good at what he does and is highly respected throughout the league. Reaching a solution in complex negotiations doesn't mean that one side is giving in to the demands of the other. It's often about compromise. We also really have no way of knowing the demands of either side, because the "insiders" don't really know squat. It's quite possible Aiyuk resigns and budges more on his demands than Paraag does. Would that make Aiyuk a fool?

9 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I'm pretty sure every other team in the NFL would kill to have Paraag in their front office. The guy is very good at what he does and is highly respected throughout the league. Reaching a solution in complex negotiations doesn't mean that one side is giving in to the demands of the other. It's often about compromise. We also really have no way of knowing the demands of either side, because the "insiders" don't really know squat. It's quite possible Aiyuk resigns and budges more on his demands than Paraag does. Would that make Aiyuk a fool?

I mean the team has not negotiated with Aiyuk since May. In what way is that productive or good? Aiyuk, according to his WR coach is willing and always has been willing to give a little to re-sign. The team literally gave him a take it or leave it offer and up until the last few days, had not been in contact with him regarding his contract. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Every team in the league pretty much has a Paraag if we are being honest. 

But our negotiations are  not great every single time. And here's the thing...the niners really don't seem to get the better end of these deals ever or anything. The results have not indicated that the 49ers are doing something special here besides taking these contracts into camp and potentially hurting the team because the players end up having an off season (Kittle, Warner, Deebo all had the worst seasons of their career following their contract situation and Bosa, while fine, wasn't close to the caliber of player he was the two years before....perhaps that's correlation more than causation, but we can't rule out causation). We basically look like Dallas. 

This contract in particular should actually be very simple because so many receivers have already set the salary range. So either they value Aiyuk or they don't. His market at what he's asking for exists. That's all i need to know tbh. 

• Like 2

There's nothing that really suggests to me that Paraag himself is special at what he does. And i think the way this team has handled extensions for our star players has been abysmal. 

Now, in fairness to Paraag, maybe this is a Jed thing and his hands are tied. Absolutely could be the case. However, until someone tells us that, I can't really know that. So this falls on Paraag. 

But when they consistently try this, "we are going to give you the worst possible contract offer we can and freeze you out for a while" and then just caving when it becomes obvious that no agent is going to let his client sign a ridiculous deal like that....I dunno. Feel like whoever is in charge of this is going about it wrong. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's nothing that really suggests to me that Paraag himself is special at what he does. And i think the way this team has handled extensions for our star players has been abysmal. 

Now, in fairness to Paraag, maybe this is a Jed thing and his hands are tied. Absolutely could be the case. However, until someone tells us that, I can't really know that. So this falls on Paraag. 

But when they consistently try this, "we are going to give you the worst possible contract offer we can and freeze you out for a while" and then just caving when it becomes obvious that no agent is going to let his client sign a ridiculous deal like that....I dunno. Feel like whoever is in charge of this is going about it wrong. 

Well, I can tell you that he is highly respected by his peers. I know Matt Ploenzke, as he is actually trained in biostats and we used to share a close collaborator. He finished up his PhD from Harvard in 2020 and won the Big Data Bowl in the same year. Needless to say, he had offers from like a dozen teams to join their analytics staff and he chose to move cross country to SF and take a pay cut in large part due to the opportunity to work under Marathe. He said it was a no-brainer. Honestly, Marathe should be working for a venture capital or investment firm. He is overqualified to be working in an NFL front office. Dude teaches analytics classes at Stanford. Sure, none of that necessarily translates to a successful career in an NFL front office, but his track record speaks for itself. Few NFL teams have maneuvered the cap better than SF in the last 20ish years and they have been one of the more successful teams on the field during the same time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Oh god, that guy on Twitter does NOT have inside sources. He is constantly wrong about stuff. He does two things: 1) Waits for reports to surface from others and then posts them as if he is breaking the news; and 2) Makes up stories that cannot possibly be verified and will never happen, so people can't prove that he is actually wrong.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

You have no proof that this has ever happened. In fact, agents have let players sign terrible contracts with SF quite often. SF is known for its team-friendly contracts with potential outs and little guaranteed money. If anything, agents have caught on and are trying to be more firm with SF now.

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the team has not negotiated with Aiyuk since May. In what way is that productive or good? Aiyuk, according to his WR coach is willing and always has been willing to give a little to re-sign. The team literally gave him a take it or leave it offer and up until the last few days, had not been in contact with him regarding his contract. 

Do you believe eveything you read on Twitter?