WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

More like the Niners have conceded and their last ditch leverage play where they leaked on Friday that they have re-engaged with Aiyuk on a long-term deal did not work. Heck, Aiyuk called them out right away when those reports came out lol. 

The Steelers were bidding against themselves since Aiyuk turned down the Browns and Pats offer. Why would they give up more than they have to? 

Huge misplay by the FO. Good luck. 

Yep. Pretty much this

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder what it would cost to get slayton from the Giants

Like him a lot as a player. Feel like a platoon of Austin/slayton/pearsall/jennings is not an replacement but a good group none the less

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder what it would cost to get slayton from the Giants

Meh. 

And here's my issue on trading for a WR. What was the point of all this? To get a good WR that is not old, it's going to take a 2nd or multiple 3rds. Just stick with what we have and use the picks on OL/DL next season. 

Getting the Pats #34 or even the Steelers 1st rounder would have been so clutch. 

This does not mean we are out of it but since we couldn't use a high pick on a 2024 contributor, it sure puts us in a hole. Better get Trent in the building ASAP after the Aiyuk trade goes down. 

• Like 2

Just keep the picks and then re-evaluate at the deadline. Can make a Sanders type of move if need be. Don't overreact now. Use Kittle heavily ala 2019 and 2020.

Pearsall needs to get healthy and show what he can do. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just keep the picks and then re-evaluate at the deadline. Can make a Sanders type of move if need be. Don't overreact now. Use Kittle heavily ala 2019 and 2020.

Pearsall needs to get healthy and show what he can do. 

Yeah as we get near the deadline, there will be at least a team or two looking to shed salary and get more reps for young players- someone like Adam Theilen could be in play for like a 6th

Or better yet, davante adams still wants out after playing with Minshew, & SF outbids NY. So long as we get an Adam on this team everything will be fine really

Edited by adamq

8 minutes ago, adamq said:

Yeah as we get near the deadline, there will be at least a team or two looking to shed salary and get more reps for young players- someone like Adam Theilen could be in play for like a 6th

Or better yet, davante adams still wants out after playing with Minshew, & SF outbids NY. So long as we get an Adam on this team everything will be fine really

This will be my favorite thing. We'll trade Aiyuk for like a second + third or second + fourth and then we are going to end up using that second for a rental receiver like Diontae Johnson 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

This will be my favorite thing. We'll trade Aiyuk for like a second + third or second + fourth and then we are going to end up using that second for a rental receiver like Diontae Johnson 

Still don't get why we didn't just try to up our offer. The front office might want to appear like they aren't getting punked, but they've succeeded in doing the negative the other way where they appear petty about small money differences.

19 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Still don't get why we didn't just try to up our offer. The front office might want to appear like they aren't getting punked, but they've succeeded in doing the negative the other way where they appear petty about small money differences.

The information we don’t know about is what’s happening with Purdy and Trent. If they’re getting no fly zones from them, they could probably reasonably establish what they can pay Aiyuk. They just may not be able to define or be ok with the trade offs to up it for Aiyuk.

my position hasn’t changed, this is a failure and probably the biggest mistake outside of the Lance trade

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wonder if the Steelers are getting tired of waiting.

I mean what can they do? They know the Niners ultimately have the final call here. I think the Steelers are fine and know what is going on.

• Like 1