WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

At least you weren’t as wrong as Rickey.

Rickey was actually right. Josina Anderson reported that the Steelers believed the trade compensation was agreed to. He also mentioned the Steelers before anyone else. 

This is a fluid situation and things changed. That doesn't mean he was wrong. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Rickey was actually right. Josina Anderson reported that the Steelers believed the trade compensation was agreed to. He also mentioned the Steelers before anyone else. 

He did say at one point that things would be done “today” about a week and a half ago. That’s what I was referring to.

It’s honestly been quiet on the Aiyuk front. I know the leaked trade value came out from Pitt, which is hilarious! We just need to wrap this up and do this 4th year that he wants and move on. I’m assuming we will get some additional money that we can throw at Trent to get him in camp once we sign Aiyuk. 

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

It’s honestly been quiet on the Aiyuk front. I know the leaked trade value came out from Pitt, which is hilarious! We just need to wrap this up and do this 4th year that he wants and move on. I’m assuming we will get some additional money that we can throw at Trent to get him in camp once we sign Aiyuk. 

Just a matter of when, I think. I feel like there's very little chance that he gets traded at this juncture, so that's good. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Rickey was wrong. He literally said the deal was done. Someone followed up and asked how sure he was and he replied 100% and said it would be announced that day. He reported a trade as finalized and totally whiffed. There’s a reason the well known insiders never put their name on it. 

Rickey definitely has connections and I appreciate him sharing even if he  misses but it blows my mind how fans give him way more leeway when he’s wrong than they do other insiders. Good branding on his part as the people’s insider I guess. 

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

The only thing funnier than a dog out-scooping an entire industry; people getting angry that a dog wasn't 100% accurate in his tweets 

If you’re referring to me I’m definitely not angry. I said I appreciate his information even if he gets some of it wrong and hope he continues to post. Love what he brings to the table from a fan perspective.

But your reply makes no sense. How is someone out scooping an entire industry when what he reported (Aiyuk to Steelers being 100% done) was completely wrong? Other insiders get destroyed for that but Rickey being wrong is somehow out scooping an entire industry. Which, by the way, he is a part of. 

Kudos to him having an army of unwavering support all because he’s anonymous and uses dog Memes. Elite branding

Angry, upset, annoyed.. whatever.

And yeah he did have it before anyone else, along with a ton of other stories. He was wrong about the timing because things changed, oh well

I'm just messing around man, no worries

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle_Rico said:

Rickey was wrong. He literally said the deal was done. Someone followed up and asked how sure he was and he replied 100% and said it would be announced that day. He reported a trade as finalized and totally whiffed. There’s a reason the well known insiders never put their name on it. 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

^^^ See this part. Josina Anderson said the steelers thought the deal was done and that everything was agreed to with both parties. Look at Mike Tomlin's interview, he was grinning when asked about the deal and basically said it would be announced when the niners woke up. The steelers thought the deal was DONE. 

The niners clearly weren't interested in paying Aiyuk what it would take, and were not engaging in contract talks, then suddenly we hear the niners have re-engaged? To me, that says the niners changed their minds. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

^^^ See this part. Josina Anderson said the steelers thought the deal was done and that everything was agreed to with both parties. Look at Mike Tomlin's interview, he was grinning when asked about the deal and basically said it would be announced when the niners woke up. The steelers thought the deal was DONE. 

The niners clearly weren't interested in paying Aiyuk what it would take, and were not engaging in contract talks, then suddenly we hear the niners have re-engaged? To me, that says the niners changed their minds. 

I think both sides were just using the Steelers for leverage. My opinion both sides wanted a deal this whole time and the other stuff was just noise so they could get their terms. 

• Like 2