WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

41 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I haven't been following any of this for weeks.  and I'm very glad I haven't.  what a mess.  modern journalism is DEAD in every aspect.   It's just a race for clicks, no morals or integrity anymore. 

Don't you love it? 

1 hour ago, typecast said:

So now he's holding out. It seems to me that his timeline to have any leverage and not play ends as soon as Week 1 is here. That's the reason why they are trying to put pressure on the 49ers right now.

Fully expect the 49ers to now do nothing and see if Aiyuk actually will miss game checks. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, struby3 said:

This guy is wrong all the time. Why does anybody pay attention to him?

"All the time" is hyperbolic. He's been right  more than he's wrong but it's important to understand what he's right about and what he's wrong about. Getting into the rumor game is a nasty business, tbh. 

But he's not right all the time. He admits that. He's going to get the end result with Aiyuk wrong, but he was on it earlier than anyone with the Pitt stuff (except maybe allbright, who talked about it in March). 

His info has mostly been proven to be reliable, but not 100% accurate

I still think that the most likely scenario is that Ricky works  at an agency. This would explain why he's often been  money on free agent signings and extensions, but is having trouble with the trade rumors. The one trade he nailed (Brian Burns), came with an extension, which I think is probably why he knew about that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I still think that the most likely scenario is that Ricky works  at an agency. This would explain why he's often been  money on free agent signings and extensions, but is having trouble with the trade rumors. The one trade he nailed (Brian Burns), came with an extension, which I think is probably why he knew about that. 

Chose your interns wisely, lol

4 hours ago, Forge said:

"All the time" is hyperbolic. He's been right  more than he's wrong but it's important to understand what he's right about and what he's wrong about. Getting into the rumor game is a nasty business, tbh. 

But he's not right all the time. He admits that. He's going to get the end result with Aiyuk wrong, but he was on it earlier than anyone with the Pitt stuff (except maybe allbright, who talked about it in March). 

His info has mostly been proven to be reliable, but not 100% accurate

Well, he's wrong often enough where I don't trust anything he says, but maybe I have high standards for "insiders".

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Well, he's wrong often enough where I don't trust anything he says, but maybe I have high standards for "insiders".

He's right enough that you shouldn't disregard what he says. 

Chiefs announce extension for Creed Humphrey today . He said that was coming on july 30th lol. Same with Butker's extension and he was way out ahead of the JOK extension. 

He's basically been beating the real insiders all off season with this stuff. 

I mean, I don't really know what you want. He's proven time and again that he has legit sources.  There has been a litany of posts talking about how many things he has been in on, and it's way more than the stuff he's been wrong on. 

Strikes me as people demanding perfection from something that is always going to be imperfect 

• Like 2

The only thing I didn't like on Ricky was when he started getting a little bit into the cryptic memes. But other than that, really seems weird to me to hold it against a guy who was early on something, clearly was right that there were machinations between his stated participants, but then raging on the guy because it didn't come to pass. 

I dunno, I think it's a process thing. Clearly whoever he is talking to or however he knows what he knows is real. Situations are fluid. Now, he shouldn't have double and tripled and quadrupled down on it lol, but I'm not going to hate on him too much for that stuff. There's a built in entertainment component for him that I have no doubt encourages that kind of behavior. 

He may get the end result wrong, but he clearly knew things about the situation. 

I do think that Ricky is wrong about him ending up in Pitt, but he was right about the conversations. But I do believe Ricky about the contract offer being close to 30 million in terms of AAV. 

• Like 2

Yeah, he also was just adamant that Justin Simmons wouldn't be signing in the NFC South. I mean, even if his accuracy rate is 80%, is that truly good? People put way too much stock into seemingly random twitter people. Remember when journalists/reporters would actually confirm news with multiple sources before releasing anything? People are okay now with being wrong more often than they should as long as they report things first. That way they can say "I was first on A, so forgive me for being wrong on B."