WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

That is very interesting. 

You didn't know that? Ryan Williams and Lynch are like really good friends. I think Lynch was in his wedding

3 hours ago, N4L said:

#34 was not enough for me to pull the trigger imo. He is worth more than that. 

I would have done it for 34 and a second in 2025. I would have even kicked back a 2025 third so it was really more of a trade up

I love Aiyuk, and think they should sign him, but at the draft you wouldn't have had to convince me that like others have mentioned in their reticence to re-sign Aiyuk that it was better for the long term future of the team given the encroaching cap issues. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I would have done it for 34 and a second in 2025. I would have even kicked back a 2025 third so it was really more of a trade up

I love Aiyuk, and think they should sign him, but at the draft you wouldn't have had to convince me that like others have mentioned in their reticence to re-sign Aiyuk that it was better for the long term future of the team given the encroaching cap issues. 

Who would you have taken at 34? 

14 hours ago, N4L said:

Who would you have taken at 34? 

Newton if we had cleared his foot. Our DT situation is pretty bad right now long term. I'm not sure Collins is anything more than a one year rental. He's 29 years old and has a 10 million dollar cap hit for a team that's a little strapped for cash. 

Hargrave is here for another year now (I'd assume, given the void years and restructure), but he's old and last year he wasn't quite what he was the year before. 

This would have given Newton a chance to be a rotational piece in 2024 behind those two. Work on himself and grow into the role. Then he's the #2 in 25 and #1 in 26. 

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Newton if we had cleared his foot. Our DT situation is pretty bad right now long term. I'm not sure Collins is anything more than a one year rental. He's 29 years old and has a 10 million dollar cap hit for a team that's a little strapped for cash. 

Hargrave is here for another year now (I'd assume, given the void years and restructure), but he's old and last year he wasn't quite what he was the year before. 

This would have given Newton a chance to be a rotational piece in 2024 behind those two. Work on himself and grow into the role. Then he's the #2 in 25 and #1 in 26. 

I could see it.

Persall would have been there@34...at least I think he would have.

Wasn't a huge Newton fan but I wouldn't have been mad if we went that route.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Rosengarten would have unironically make me feel less terrible about tackle long and some short term (having already taken Pearsall)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 11:58 AM, N4L said:

#34 was not enough for me to pull the trigger imo. He is worth more than that. 

Aiyuk was brimming from ear to ear the other day. Unusually happy, but that man has his own way of communicating and clearly feels emotions deeply. It's why he's so passionate on the field. 

He's a silent assassin. He speaks with actions and he's a straight up stone cold killer. He's not a flashy guy and seems grateful for what he has. Juco guy and he's down to earth. 

That's the type of guy I feel comfortable giving a large guarantee to. 

IF they decide to trade him this year (still don't think they will), I've said I want a FRP for him if it's future draft capital. Can franchise tag him and get a 2nd next year for sure, so there's no incentive for the team to trade him for a 2nd today. 

With that being said. I've started watching some Ben Sinnot, and I have to say, he would be a bonafide Kittle replacement here. STUD. I don't think he do as well with Kliff in Washington as he would do with Kyle here. We've missed on TE2 quite a few times, but I feel very confident that Sinnot would crush it here. Id do Sinnot, a 25 2, and cheap depth piece at OL, DL, LB, or S. I wouldn't love it but I think we have enough at WR, especially if we use 12 or 22 personnel with Kittle and Sinnot. Wouldn't love it but if they truly don't think they can afford it, I would understand.

IF we trade him for a player and or draft picks, the player we get needs to be on a rookie deal with 2-3 years remaining on the contract, because if money is the reason to trade BA, you can't get a player back who will just need to be paid in a year or two. 

BA already fits that criteria, so just keep him. That makes it tricky because the window is now. So you need a player with team control who can contribute now.

The draft would have been the best time to make the trade obviously, the wr market has done nothing but increase so now it is a rock and a hard place. 

If we receive future draft capital, it needs to be at a premium. 

Now that I think about it though, it is possible to structure a contract that is extremely tradable next off-season. You can do this by guaranteeing future roster bonuses and large parts of the base salary. The only dead cap that would remain would be the signing bonus we give him this year.

We add 4 years to his current contract for 28/29 with a mix of base salary and roster bonuses. Guarantee the first 3 years completely. 

We then take the 14m he was making this year and convert it to a signing bonus. That will spread the 14m over 5 years evenly, lowering his cap hit to 2.8m this year, creating 11.2m in cap space that will roll over. 

Then, next year IF we trade him, his dead cap will be 11.2 (which would wash out the roll over cap from this year) and his new team will pay him the roster bonus and base salary and 100% of that will go towards their salary cap. 

If we keep him in 2025, his cap hit would be 31/32m (28/29+2.8 allocation from the signing bonus), but then we can restructure, convert a lot of the money to a signing bonus which will amortize over 5 years (adding a void year) and bring the hit down to 15 or so. 

It is a small signing bonus this off-season, but we are giving him 100% guaranteed money through the 2027 season, so he should be happy with that. Perhaps it's 25m signing bonus instead of 14m. Same idea except Jed paid an extra 11m that he won't get back, so ideally it wouldn't be that way but it would still work out fine cap wise, would cost us 5m in cap space this year but wash out next year either way. 

While the 28/29m per year from 25-27 is completely guaranteed, it will count against the next teams cap. It gives us flexibility to trade him next year, while making aiyuk happy in the short term. If the WR market continues to go crazy, a team next year or in 26 will gladly give us a pick should we decide to move on. 

SO YEAH - JUST F.UCKING PAY THE MAN and figure everything else out in 2025 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Aiyuk was brimming from ear to ear the other day. Unusually happy, but that man has his own way of communicating and clearly feels emotions deeply. It's why he's so passionate on the field. 

He's a silent assassin. He speaks with actions and he's a straight up stone cold killer. He's not a flashy guy and seems grateful for what he has. Juco guy and he's down to earth. 

That's the type of guy I feel comfortable giving a large guarantee to. 

IF they decide to trade him this year (still don't think they will), I've said I want a FRP for him if it's future draft capital. Can franchise tag him and get a 2nd next year for sure, so there's no incentive for the team to trade him for a 2nd today. 

With that being said. I've started watching some Ben Sinnot, and I have to say, he would be a bonafide Kittle replacement here. STUD. I don't think he do as well with Kliff in Washington as he would do with Kyle here. We've missed on TE2 quite a few times, but I feel very confident that Sinnot would crush it here. Id do Sinnot, a 25 2, and cheap depth piece at OL, DL, LB, or S. I wouldn't love it but I think we have enough at WR, especially if we use 12 or 22 personnel with Kittle and Sinnot. Wouldn't love it but if they truly don't think they can afford it, I would understand.

IF we trade him for a player and or draft picks, the player we get needs to be on a rookie deal with 2-3 years remaining on the contract, because if money is the reason to trade BA, you can't get a player back who will just need to be paid in a year or two. 

BA already fits that criteria, so just keep him. That makes it tricky because the window is now. So you need a player with team control who can contribute now.

The draft would have been the best time to make the trade obviously, the wr market has done nothing but increase so now it is a rock and a hard place. 

If we receive future draft capital, it needs to be at a premium. 

Now that I think about it though, it is possible to structure a contract that is extremely tradable next off-season. You can do this by guaranteeing future roster bonuses and large parts of the base salary. The only dead cap that would remain would be the signing bonus we give him this year.

We add 4 years to his current contract for 28/29 with a mix of base salary and roster bonuses. Guarantee the first 3 years completely. 

We then take the 14m he was making this year and convert it to a signing bonus. That will spread the 14m over 5 years evenly, lowering his cap hit to 2.8m this year, creating 11.2m in cap space that will roll over. 

Then, next year IF we trade him, his dead cap will be 11.2 (which would wash out the roll over cap from this year) and his new team will pay him the roster bonus and base salary and 100% of that will go towards their salary cap. 

If we keep him in 2025, his cap hit would be 31/32m (28/29+2.8 allocation from the signing bonus), but then we can restructure, convert a lot of the money to a signing bonus which will amortize over 5 years (adding a void year) and bring the hit down to 15 or so. 

It is a small signing bonus this off-season, but we are giving him 100% guaranteed money through the 2027 season, so he should be happy with that. Perhaps it's 25m signing bonus instead of 14m. Same idea except Jed paid an extra 11m that he won't get back, so ideally it wouldn't be that way but it would still work out fine cap wise, would cost us 5m in cap space this year but wash out next year either way. 

While the 28/29m per year from 25-27 is completely guaranteed, it will count against the next teams cap. It gives us flexibility to trade him next year, while making aiyuk happy in the short term. If the WR market continues to go crazy, a team next year or in 26 will gladly give us a pick should we decide to move on. 

SO YEAH - JUST F.UCKING PAY THE MAN and figure everything else out in 2025 

I was thinking about the guaranteed money yesterday.  I would feel very comfortable giving Aiyuk an extremely high guaranteed dollar amount.  A higher percentage than any other wide receiver in the league.  I think he is ultra dependable as an individual and he fits in really well with this team and their mentality.  Maybe a higher guaranteed percentage could potentially help get the deal done.  

I hate the WR market, I think the positional value for that group is absurd, but the best course of action at this point might be to just pay Aiyuk.  It means we will not be able to keep the team together past 2025, but that probably wouldn't happen anyway.  Pay Aiyuk, Guarantee Trent his money, then Burn the ships.  The time is now and there is no going back. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

5 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I was thinking about the guaranteed money yesterday.  I would feel very comfortable giving Aiyuk an extremely high guaranteed dollar amount.  A higher percentage than any other wide receiver in the league.  I think he is ultra dependable as an individual and he fits in really well with this team and their mentality.  Maybe a higher guaranteed percentage could potentially help get the deal done.  

I hate the WR market, I think the positional value for that group is absurd, but the best course of action at this point might be to just pay Aiyuk.  It means we will not be able to keep the team together past 2025, but that probably wouldn't happen anyway.  Pay Aiyuk, Guarantee Trent his money, then Burn the ships.  The time is now and there is no going back. 

I do think that BA is a better reciever and better going forward than Deebo, I know that i am not the only one.  I have no problem with the 49ers paying BA and trading Deebo after this season and like many I am hoping that is what happens.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

No need to burn the ships. Retool with your cornerstone QB and top tier HC. The structure I proposed does nothing with the 2025 cap. They can manage it for a few more years quite easily. No need to do anything drastic. Just need to hit on the draft picks and get value vets in FA. No more big splashes but that's fine. They were aggressive to get here though so I have no problems with them continuing to take big swings, as long as they continue to have productive back halves of drafts 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 1:25 AM, N4L said:

Ok, so given the update today with regards to Aiyuk nixing a trade, this doesn't seem feasible because Aiyuk would most likely ask for some sort of NTC, or would generally just be difficult to work with to find a trade partner. Probably not the best idea to sign a guy long term that you intend to trade later.

With that being said, not paying Aiyuk last offseason when it was obvious that he took a step forward, slow playing the negotiation and seeing the market move against us (which was predictable), not trading him during the draft, only to trade him 1 week before the first preseason game, would be a huge blunder. Not the biggest blunder theyve made, but damn. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

😂

I’ve stayed silent on this because nobody likes what I have to say on contract stuff but I’ll just say it now, so no need to respond. Over generalization, but I hate WRs and the me first attitude they show more than any other position in the NFL. Love(d) Aiyuk just like I love(d) Deebo and then they just can’t help but go through the whole look at me routine. Scrubbing social media, trade requests, stupid *** cryptic tweets, leaks from family or friends…. I don’t know what it is about that position group but for every Jerry Rice there’s 10 Terrel Owens. The term diva doesn’t begin to describe the vast majority of the position and in my opinion it is far less important than so many of the other lower paid positions. 

I’d say look Brandon, you’ve made it clear you don’t want to be here. But I expect 110% out of you everyday and unless we see that, there is no negotiation. If you continue to sabotage the negotiation in order to gain what you think is leverage, then there is no negotiation. We are more than happy to save our time and focus on football and just have you finish out your contract and franchise tag if necessary. Or you can be a professional and we can try to get somewhere with the process. If you aren’t giving 110% I’m sure other teams will notice on film and I’m sure they will ask some questions before spending $100+ million on you so it is in your best interest to give the effort and show the professional you can be. Hell, if you do that, maybe we’ll be the team giving $100+ million if you decide you would like to be here. But until you can act the part of cornerstone of our franchise, then don’t expect to be treated as one. 

Rant over. I’ll go hide for the next few days. Thanks. 

• Like 4