49ers Training camp 2024

Some interesting things here. 

He has Willis as a lock (a lot of people have been heavily effusive of willis and it seems somewhat clear based on reports that he would make it before Latu), but he also has Logan Thomas has a lock. Thats one of the more surprising calls. He only has 300K guaranteed and has been hurt. Would have thought he was destined for the practice squad. He's not the blocker Saubert is and Willis would basically share a similar role. Seems very weird to have Thomas and Willis together as the backups. 

Only has 3 tackles. When I did my 53 projection, I too had a difficulty with the line in this regard, but I don't know how you go into the season with only 3 true tackles on the 53. I don't think you can do that. 

MM has Trent above Chris Conley right now. That's the way I had it due to the punt return ability of Taylor, but I think it's a lock that one of these guys makes it and the other gets the PS. Ronnie Bell on the outside looking in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He has Willis as a lock (a lot of people have been heavily effusive of willis and it seems somewhat clear based on reports that he would make it before Latu), but he also has Logan Thomas has a lock. Thats one of the more surprising calls. He only has 300K guaranteed and has been hurt. Would have thought he was destined for the practice squad. He's not the blocker Saubert is and Willis would basically share a similar role. Seems very weird to have Thomas and Willis together as the backups. 

Only has 3 tackles. When I did my 53 projection, I too had a difficulty with the line in this regard, but I don't know how you go into the season with only 3 true tackles on the 53. I don't think you can do that. 

MM has Trent above Chris Conley right now. That's the way I had it due to the punt return ability of Taylor, but I think it's a lock that one of these guys makes it and the other gets the PS. Ronnie Bell on the outside looking in. 

Yeah. At least with the tackles the projections include both Puni and Burford who played there extensively in college? Heck, I'd like to see more of Burford at tackle for a bit just to satiate my curiosity. It's not a great solution, but a lot of teams have a bad 4th tackle solution.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, if (as looks likely) Aiyuk is traded, gotta figure that either Bell or more probably Conley sticks around as the bridge X, no? Deebo isn't going to play that role. Maybe Jennings? But he has no vertical juice to give his comebacks and outs credence against man. Mostly ditto for Bell. Conley's about the only dude on the team that can play X even as a backup quality player that we have unless and until Pearsall groks it or Aiyuk returns.

Renardo Green with 3 PBUs yesterday and 2 more today. Dude needs to be a starter along with Ward/Lenoir. Stop wasting time with Yiadrom. This secondary is going to easily be the best of the Shanny era and one of the best of all time for this team. Can't wait! 

55 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I was so pumped to draft this guy but sadly i think his days are numbered.

Same. He was my pick from the jump. Very bummed out how things have gone to this point. One last chance assuming the Niners don’t just cut bait.

40 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Same. He was my pick from the jump. Very bummed out how things have gone to this point. One last chance assuming the Niners don’t just cut bait.

He’ll be fighting for a roster spot next year. I already assumed he would this year. 

From 49ers.com...

The San Francisco 49ers announced they have signed DL Jonathan Garvin and P Pressley Harvin III to one-year deals. In order to make room on the roster, the team placed DL Austin Bryant on the Injured Reserve List and released TE Logan Thomas.

Logan Thomas is a surprise, is this just a temporary release?

1 hour ago, adamq said:

From 49ers.com...

The San Francisco 49ers announced they have signed DL Jonathan Garvin and P Pressley Harvin III to one-year deals. In order to make room on the roster, the team placed DL Austin Bryant on the Injured Reserve List and released TE Logan Thomas.

Logan Thomas is a surprise, is this just a temporary release?

He's been hurt most of camp and I said it earlier, if you're keeping Willis as a te, he and Thomas are basically overlapping. Saubert should be a lock as a blocking TE. Unless you're carrying 4, that left one spot for Willis, latu and Thomas. 

Based on everything I've read, Willis has been by far the most impressive

• Like 2