49ers Training camp 2024

man, this preseason just feels so OFF.  Almost feels like a recovery year, in terms of energy.  I'm hoping it doesn't manifest this way on the field, but I could totally see them going around .500 this year.  The aura is falling apart..

and for some reason I'm not too worried either.  I think we'll see good football for many years to come, we have the main ingredients.  It just feels like the vibe is WAY off this year, and you need to be hyped an focused to win a SB.   I dunno, maybe it's because I've been focusing on other things, but I'm seeing this sentiment a lot. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

man, this preseason just feels so OFF.  Almost feels like a recovery year, in terms of energy.  I'm hoping it doesn't manifest this way on the field, but I could totally see them going around .500 this year.  The aura is falling apart..

and for some reason I'm not too worried either.  I think we'll see good football for many years to come, we have the main ingredients.  It just feels like the vibe is WAY off this year, and you need to be hyped an focused to win a SB.   I dunno, maybe it's because I've been focusing on other things, but I'm seeing this sentiment a lot. 

This minus the last part. Yes, I believe we will be fine, but aura/energy will be key to get this team back on path. The players have already mentioned that this has been a different off season and while I agree a lot of it is due to losing the Super Bowl, but it’s also not having key Vets - Trent and Aiyuk in camp. 

This year is going to be ugly and I feel like some of it is Kyle (the house) betting on themselves. I understand they want Aiyuk/Trent both in camp because they are under contract but sadly you had to know this was a strong possibility. Trent could retire if he really wanted to with no issues, nothing is guaranteed especially if we can continue to drag this out. He knows he’s the #1 OT and sadly Moore did not look good in preseason. The Aiyuk saga I think just needs to come to an end, one way or another trade or extend. 

It’s sad too because we already said as fans this will be the last year before we have to make BIG decisions on who to extend for the following year. Everything is knocking at our doorstep a little earlier than usual. 

On 8/27/2024 at 8:11 AM, Forge said:

Jaylon Moore, OT 1, baby

The 49ers should have paid Trent the second he even hinted at wanting more money. Should have caved faster than they caved to CMC at least.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, typecast said:

The 49ers should have paid Trent the second he even hinted at wanting more money. Should have caved faster than they caved to CMC at least.

Yeah, this was a bizarre move. The minute they did that with CMC, it really opened the door and it seems like it's caught them off guard. 

The Trent thing I expected to be resolved quickly. No idea what the holdup there is

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, this was a bizarre move. The minute they did that with CMC, it really opened the door and it seems like it's caught them off guard. 

The Trent thing I expected to be resolved quickly. No idea what the holdup there is

I think the front brass was trying to get Aiyuk signed, so they could quickly move the money around for Trent. From what I remember hearing via Bryan with FBO it's not that complex for Trent. Aiyuk is the holdup.