49ers Training camp 2024

There's a more than decent chance that this may end up being the best defense we have had in the Shanny era with the secondary seemingly taking the next step and being a huge strength. Lenoir and Ward are up for contracts so you know they are going to be playing their best ball and I love the safety room. Just need the LB room to hold it down until Greenlaw returns. 

Purdy throwing 7 INTs the last two practices does not surprise me. This defense is really really good and Purdy is going to be one of those QBs that throws for 11+ INTs every single season. He's aggressive by nature and doesn't have the physical tools to get away with some of throws he attempts. Just have to live with that. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

Pretty sure this guy works for athletes first, which is the agency that reps Aiyuk. 

Could be unrelated, but maybe the DJ Moore contract has pushed the team to actually do something with aiyuk. 

I don't have a good feeling about this 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Pretty sure this guy works for athletes first, which is the agency that reps Aiyuk. 

Could be unrelated, but maybe the DJ Moore contract has pushed the team to actually do something with aiyuk. 

If it’s going to happen it’s time to just rip off the bandaid. Lamb possibly getting more than Jefferson and D.J. Moore getting big money does seem like something that would have just pushed things too far for our FO.

I do think that Moore contract will age well FWIW. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

He's broken a lot of stuff for CAA too so it's hard to tell. The two main deals that he really drew attention to him though were Brian Burns and Calvin Ridley and both were.....dun dun dun....athlete's first. 

I'm actually starting to lean more toward maybe he is in the NFL office rather than an agency, but it's really hard to say. 

Judon is with Klutch Sports Group, so that may lower the chances it would be him that Rickey is talking about. 

But may be a situation where it's not someone sitting out right now. My mind goes to disgruntled players, but certainly not a guarantee. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Judon is with Klutch Sports Group, so that may lower the chances it would be him that Rickey is talking about. 

But may be a situation where it's not someone sitting out right now. My mind goes to disgruntled players, but certainly not a guarantee. 

Mix it in its Aiyuk for Judon and a conditional pick 🤣 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Tee Higgins was my first guess, but they would have to be uber confident in Iosivas and Burton

• Like 1

Haven’t been tracking the off season as much as I want to this year, but hopefully we can get Aiyuk his contract or decide finally what’s going to happen. 

Seems like defense is getting the best of the offense this training camp. Which doesn’t surprise me too much, Trent is out and Aiyuk isn’t out there. 

Without going too far back, I saw somethings on Twitter that Puni is in at RG for Burford and looks good. Green looks good as DB 3. Any other surprises that I’m missing? 

Really hope we extend Demo before it’s too late but knowing Lynch we will wait. 

Purdy is going to get paid at the end of the year! Tua and Love with large contracts - wow! 

• Like 1

Ultimately, we will see what happens, but the only other time I can remember Grant "breaking news" was the Kittle extension, which he was right about. So while he's not a normal news breaker and that typically makes me skeptical, it's worth noting because the only other time he's revealed something that I am aware of, he was right (though he had some of the exact numbers wrong) 

(2-4 minutes, Grants says that basically someone connected to the team told him the deal was done with Aiyuk). 

• Like 3

"not someone on the team but someone connected with the team. I put 2% stock into it" 

He is so full of sh!t his eyes are brown. He's just saw the body language and is reading the room. 

Even he knows it, which is why he didn't actually tweet it out or write an article about it. Would have generated a lot of clicks. 

Even if it ends up being true, it's because "a broken clock is right twice a day". 

• Like 2

It's going to get done but I just hope it happens over the weekend so Aiyuk can practice against the Saints. Get some real work before the season. 

Winters/Graham seem to be playing well which is good to see. One of them need to emerge since this is almost certainly the last year Greenlaw will be here and no guarantee he will even be close to form when he returns this season. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Ultimately, we will see what happens, but the only other time I can remember Grant "breaking news" was the Kittle extension, which he was right about. So while he's not a normal news breaker and that typically makes me skeptical, it's worth noting because the only other time he's revealed something that I am aware of, he was right (though he had some of the exact numbers wrong) 

(2-4 minutes, Grants says that basically someone connected to the team told him the deal was done with Aiyuk). 

I was told the hug meant nothing regarding the contract and nothing is imminent with Aiyuk.  

• Like 1