2024 Training Camp

Losing Blackmon sucks. Goodness are we thin at CB.

This does give one of our lower end depth guys/PS guys a chance to prove what they are worth. I'm hoping 1 of them step up to the plate. 

The first two that come to mind are Jaylin Williams and Dwight McGlothern.

On 7/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, vikesfan89 said:

Damn

Hopefully Evans shows more of the good and less of the bad.  Isn't there an udfa that's thought of highly at CB? 

True, and honestly now it would be impossible for the Vikings to cut Booth, he will make the roster just because they need bodies at the CB position so lucky for him.

AJ Green III is nice to have around and with these issues at CB he will probably make the roster as well.  Curious if they move NaJee Thompson back to CB with what is going on.

Dwight McGlothern will make the roster also most likely, it really helps him with all that has gone on or they pickup a CB that is cut but then they do not have him for preseason or camp so McGlothern has the inside track no question.  They will really need Shaquill Griffin to stay healthy and not sure that will happen.  

• Like 1

Vikings tight ends were heavily involved in the session, despite being without T.J. Hockenson, who is recovering from a torn ACL that was suffered on Dec. 24.

Johnny Mundt pulled in consecutive completions during a 7-on-7 period, and those grabs were followed by an impressive catch by Robert Tonyan. Josh Oliver showed incredible hands and nice agility to reach back for a pass later in the session.

https://www.vikings.com/news/sam-darnold-shaq-griffin-training-camp-practice?f

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-training-camp-recap-day-4-jalen-nailor-stakes-claim-as-wr3-01j3v33zcpn9

1. Griffin's injury isn't serious. Evans in as CB2 right now with him out.

2. Jalen Nailor looks the part but needs to stay healthy.

3. Van Ginkel is back. 

4. Our top 5 safeties are ballin'.

5. Jaren Hall looks to be the odd man out in the QB race. 

6. Will Reichard is good.

----

I am still looking to see someone from the DL start to shine, and while I'm optimistic about the defense as a whole, the CB unit does not inspire confidence. Duke Shelley isn't going to be our savior. I hope we make a move for another corner.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-training-camp-recap-day-4-jalen-nailor-stakes-claim-as-wr3-01j3v33zcpn9

1. Griffin's injury isn't serious. Evans in as CB2 right now with him out.

2. Jalen Nailor looks the part but needs to stay healthy.

3. Van Ginkel is back. 

4. Our top 5 safeties are ballin'.

5. Jaren Hall looks to be the odd man out in the QB race. 

6. Will Reichard is good.

----

I am still looking to see someone from the DL start to shine, and while I'm optimistic about the defense as a whole, the CB unit does not inspire confidence. Duke Shelley isn't going to be our savior. I hope we make a move for another corner.

I think they are still at least a  year away, and don't deal future assets for a short term fix. Unless they are getting a CB that will be in Minnesota for years, or are giving up depth, not a fan of making a trade. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 10:09 PM, vike daddy said:

let's just say that when we play each other, hopefully he can continue to give you lots of reasons to be pi**ed we drafted him.

Just like when we always rue over drafting Laquon instead of Kenny Clark.  🤣