Raider Training Camp 2024

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maybe in 10 years we will finally be aggressive addressing the QB spot. We have by far the worst qb room in the nfl again though and we will likely be mid because of it. 

Mark reportedly hired Telesco because he loved his plan at QB. That plan was Minshew / AOC?

I kind of looked into this.  I don't think he loved his plan at QB.  I just recall and just looked up that Mark Davis gave Telesco the thumbs up to trade up for a QB.  However, some of us have already learned that Telesco has never traded up in the draft while working as a GM for the Chargers (and now Raiders).

I had a pretty good idea that if we were picking a QB, it was because they fell to us at our pick.  Obviously, that never materialized because teams went crazy and drafted all the good/decent QBs in the first 2 hours of the draft.

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maybe in 10 years we will finally be aggressive addressing the QB spot. We have by far the worst qb room in the nfl again though and we will likely be mid because of it. 

Mark reportedly hired Telesco because he loved his plan at QB. That plan was Minshew / AOC?

Coming from the guy who thought Jimmy G was the answer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I kind of looked into this.  I don't think he loved his plan at QB.  I just recall and just looked up that Mark Davis gave Telesco the thumbs up to trade up for a QB.  However, some of us have already learned that Telesco has never traded up in the draft while working as a GM for the Chargers (and now Raiders).

I had a pretty good idea that if we were picking a QB, it was because they fell to us at our pick.  Obviously, that never materialized because teams went crazy and drafted all the good/decent QBs in the first 2 hours of the draft.

I'll have to find it but it came from a good source, I distinctly remember them reporting that he was the favorite because he had a plan at QB that Mark loved. He then proceeded to build the worst QB room in the league, effectively punting the 2024 season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

You're pretty much answering your own argument.  No team taking a QB in the first round was willing to accept a reasonable trade.  I'm sure the 3+ 1sts was what they were all asking for.  And like you said, it would have been more foolish to offer that for a QB with a long injury history.

Each of his four seasons at Indiana was ended by injury – ACL tear, right (non-throwing) shoulder injury, a second ACL tear of the same (right) knee and left shoulder injury. (copied and pasted from Google)

As for you knowing about the Jets and what they were willing to trade, they dropped down one spot while most likely fully knowing they were still going to end up drafting the player they wanted while obtaining a 4th and 5th round pick.  If they dropped 3 spots, they may have lost the player they wanted the most.  It was literally a non-risk, all-reward trade for them.

As for the last time a 1st round, top 15 TE posed good value, the best was arguably Vernon Davis.  I honestly think Bowers is going to be a much better player in the NFL.

LOL Davis was drafted 6th overall and averaged 540/4.5 over his 14 year career never cracked 1K yards in a single season.  We clearly have differing opinions on the definition of what value is.  Vernon Davis was a bust considering the hype coming out of college and going 6 overall.  Terrible value. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Just putting your Qb opinion into context as to whether it holds any value. 

Minshew/AOC is clearly a bottom 5 QB room, if not possibly the worst in the league going into this season. There's basically zero upside with either of those guys under center, especially with Getsy calling the plays. If you disagree I'd love to wager on it.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Minshew/AOC is clearly a bottom 5 QB room, if not possibly the worst in the league going into this season. There's basically zero upside with either of those guys under center, especially with Getsy calling the plays. If you disagree I'd love to wager on it.

You also thought Jimmy G was an upgrade on Carr and was the answer at QB. 

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I literally posted Telesco's quote that they explored it. 

They would not have been able to outbid the Vikings without "mortgaging the future" as you like to say. 

You still think Bowers is purely a TE. I can't help you.

Moving on..... 

I don't give a **** what type of label you want to put on Bowers or where he lines up.  He can line up on Mars for all I care.  I want elite production, nothing more, nothing less.  As a top 15 pick he needs to produce at an elite level early on. 

BB appears to be a good prospect but so was Pitts who was also supposed to revolutionize the TE position.  That hasn't aged well...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Saw the beach video and pictures from the beach trip the Raiders did. Feels like this Raiders team is all bough it into what AP is preaching to them. Feels like the most tight knit group we have had as a team in years. 

18 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't give a **** what type of label you want to put on Bowers or where he lines up.  He can line up on Mars for all I care.  I want elite production, nothing more, nothing less.  As a top 15 pick he needs to produce at an elite level early on. 

BB appears to be a good prospect but so was Pitts who was also supposed to revolutionize the TE position.  That hasn't aged well...

I knew Pitts was gonna suck. I think that Bowers is a completely different player. And for the record even knowing what I know now if I was in the raiders position this year I would've drafted Bowers. The mistake was not taking a flyer on some of these later round guys there was absolutely no risk in taking.