Raider Training Camp 2024

57 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This wasn't one of your best takes to be honest dude:

I would like to retract all of my negative statements throughout the years. This dude is bringing us a Super Bowl. Apologize to join the list.

Negativity Retracters list

NYRaider

Taken from the 'I'm Sorry Dave Ziegler' thread you started 🤔

It's all good though.............I wanted JaMarcus Russell for heavens sake 😀

Jeez these wrong takes are racking up. 

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G had some good years in SF lol

Did he though? Or was he decent and carried by a good team?

ultimately it’s like our situation this year… if we get decent/ average qb play I think we’ll make playoffs. 
All we need is average, yet if that’s all we get but make playoffs some will say we got good/ great qb play

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This wasn't one of your best takes to be honest dude:

I would like to retract all of my negative statements throughout the years. This dude is bringing us a Super Bowl. Apologize to join the list.

Negativity Retracters list

NYRaider

Taken from the 'I'm Sorry Dave Ziegler' thread you started 🤔

It's all good though.............I wanted JaMarcus Russell for heavens sake 😀

I swore up and down to whoever would listen that JaMarcus was going to bust, the dude just had it written all over him (even my Dad thought I was crazy about it until JaMarcus started being JaMarcus). But I also can't say anything, because I was pounding the table for Brady Quinn.....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

I swore up and down to whoever would listen that JaMarcus was going to bust, the dude just had it written all over him (even my Dad thought I was crazy about it until JaMarcus started being JaMarcus). But I also can't say anything, because I was pounding the table for Brady Quinn.....

Haha yeh, I guess it was just desperation and wanting him to succeed, heart over head kin of thing. Also, we didn’t really have the same level of draft coverage then so he was probably a lot less known as a prospect over here.

On 8/9/2024 at 3:26 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL Davis was drafted 6th overall and averaged 540/4.5 over his 14 year career never cracked 1K yards in a single season.  We clearly have differing opinions on the definition of what value is.  Vernon Davis was a bust considering the hype coming out of college and going 6 overall.  Terrible value. 

You asked a question, and I answered it.  Obviously, I didn't think he was worth his top 15 pick.  

Like I said at the very end of my post, I honestly think Bowers is going to be a much better player in the NFL.

I bolded and underlined that part, so you'll see it this time.  Someone else responded to your post saying that while players like Gronk, Kelce, Gonzalez, other TE greats, weren't drafted in the top 15, it doesn't take away from the fact that players like Kelce and Gronk are major reasons why their teams won the SB.  If Bowers has a Kelce/Gronk type impact at TE for the Raiders, then he will be worth the 13th pick in the draft and every penny we end up paying him.

Seriously, if there was a redraft of the years where Gronk and Kelce were drafted, I'd bet everything I own they both go in the top 15 of their respective drafts.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2024 at 4:41 AM, Darbsk said:

Or the one about Koonce being 'mid' and probably not making the team.

Or the one about Chandler Jones with 15 sacks incoming..........

I remember looking at C. Jones' stats the year before we signed him and realizing he was a no show in the majority of the games he played.  He had like 5 sacks the first week and then 5.5 sacks the rest of the season.  I knew we were signing a red flag player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I am fairly worried about the OL with the Miller injury and JPJ out. Whitehair is a liability at this point. Unless glaze can slide to guard for now, this will be ugly unless miller and jpj hurry back.

Bad for my Zamir fantasy bags…

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I am fairly worried about the OL with the Miller injury and JPJ out. Whitehair is a liability at this point. Unless glaze can slide to guard for now, this will be ugly unless miller and jpj hurry back.

Reportly Kolton could play if week1 was tomorrow 

• Like 2