Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not gonna lie, that’s a huge stretch. Anything Berry could possibly gain by “cheap Pickens shares” is a small fraction of what he has to lose from attaching his name to a twitter rumor that has no legs. 

I know this doesn’t come across well on the internet, but it was 1,000% sarcasm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

If it happens, it happens.   Kinda hoping it doesn't, though.

At the cost you're going to get him, you should want him. Aiyuk is awesome

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

A couple of local DMV guys are talking about it with connections to the commanders and they said they’re hearing that Lynch keeps trying to change the terms. 

Told y’all. 

This makes no sense to me. The rumor is Cooper and a 2 or Bourne and a 2. So a guy with his own contract dispute or a guy with basically a 1 year contract and a 2. And the report was we had a 1 on the table. 

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

It's definitely interesting, but two three out loud thoughts regarding it:

1) The tag is still available, either for the 49ers or a new team. Regardless of if Aiyuk signs a deal the receiving team can always slap the tag on him. So if you are a team like Cleveland who DESPERATELY needs make these next couple of years count that might be worth it (and you can always continue to work on an extension anyway).

That doesn't mean he gets traded and drama goes away...but the teams do have a leverage play. 

2) If those packages are true, the 49ers seem to NEED compensation that helps this year and I am not sure where that comes from the Steelers. Moore and Daniels don't make a lot of sense. Neither does Hightower/Herbig. We are deep at ILB, but so are they. Najee and Warren, but CMC. 

If the Steelers won't meet a trade package and the Browns are talking their receivers...Seems like we said no to Pickens and I would guess that's not gonna change. 

Be reaaaaaaaaaally interesting if we still had Diontae Johnson....

3) Could have some Ravens/Lamar vibes with the transition tag with the "look, we tried!" vibe to go back to the table for extension talks. Even if they can't come to an agreement there could be an under the table, we won't tag you - you get back to work thing and this fascinating 24 hours ends with Aiyuk finishing out his time in SF and blowing up the WR market in another cap jump year. 

Again -- just thinking out loud. I have no idea what's happening. 

Edited by Dcash4
  • Like 2