• Parry Nickerson
  • C.J. Henderson
  • Tre Herndon
  • Joejuan Williams
  • Greg Stroman
  • Brandon Facyson
  • Kelvin Joseph

Available Free Agent CB’s

Give me Xavier Howard or J.C. Jackson. Actually at this point.... give me anyone on this list. 

There must be a reason why some of these guys are still free agents. Either they’re injured, washed, or not good. 

Xavien Howard had a foot injury and had foot surgery in the offseason. My guess is he's either not healthy or won't sign a contract unless it’s a multi-yesr deal. 

Patrick Peterson is washed. The Steelers moved him to safety last year after Fitzpatrick was hurt because he was so bad as a CB. He was getting burnt the year before at Minnesota too on the worst defense in the NFL.

JC Jackson tore his patellar tendon in 2022 and people say he hasn't been the same since... Sound familiar??

So See Xavien Howard.

Eli Apple is a possibility.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

They got to keep experimenting there, cause what we have at CB (besides rookie Sainristil) isn't working.

I actually like our Safety room, however.

I actually do like St. Juice & would keep him. He had the big punch out fumble vs Giants which was HUGE in that game.

But besides those 2?

I'd keep shuffling the cards, till I pulled out an Ace. 😁 

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I would also look at Charvarious Ward and Mike Hilton as potential trade targets. 

I always love Mike Hilton, but he would be redundant with Sainristil and where he should be playing imo.

• Like 1

Since our defense is historically bad, which I posted in the Arizona game day thread.

How would you feel about just wiping the slate clean for a rebuild on Defense & trading Payne &/or Allen for draft picks.

Obviously, keep our young rookies for the rebuild of course.

But I believe our Defense needs a complete makeover, which will have to wait till next years draft.

I think next years draft will need to be Heavily Defensive. (Plus Defensive Free Agents)

It's just god awful.

Obviously, sprinkle in some Offensive players, too. Like O-line, WR.

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:
  • Xavien Howard
  • Patrick Peterson
  • J.C. Jackson
  • Keion Crossen
  • Eli Apple
  • Chandon Sullivan
  • Jalen Mills
  • Aaron Robinson
  • Jerry Jacobs
  • Michael Ojemudia
  • Parry Nickerson
  • Tre Herndon
  • Joejuan Williams
  • Greg Stroman
  • Brandon Facyson
  • Kelvin Joseph

Available Free Agent CB’s

The #Steelers signed CB C.J. Henderson, the former No. 9 overall pick from the 2020 NFL Draft.

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The #Steelers signed CB C.J. Henderson, the former No. 9 overall pick from the 2020 NFL Draft.

He’s just a name. He couldn’t hack it in Jacksonville or Carolina. He was on the Texans practice squad. I wouldn’t expect him to do much for them. 

The Steelers have two good starting outside CBs but they have issues at nickel CB. Plus Cam Sutton is suspended and their slot CB Trice got put on IR.

19 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

They got to keep experimenting there, cause what we have at CB (besides rookie Sainristil) isn't working.

I actually like our Safety room, however.

I actually do like St. Juice & would keep him. He had the big punch out fumble vs Giants which was HUGE in that game.

But besides those 2?

I'd keep shuffling the cards, till I pulled out an Ace. 😁 

It’s true but it’s also unlikely that a street FA comes in and is better that the guys we’ve had learning this defense since April. I think the only way they sign one of these guys in Art’s list is if we have a season ending injury at CB.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s true but it’s also unlikely that a street FA comes in and is better that the guys we’ve had learning this defense since April. I think the only way they sign one of these guys in Art’s list is if we have a season ending injury at CB.

I think it would almost next to impossible for Howard or Jackson to be worse than what we've seen. It could happen but I seriously doubt it. 

• Like 1

Is it assumed we activate a 3rd RB off the squad ?have mixed feelng. I Like C Rod but Michael Wiley really showed patience in his style in preseason.. waits, waits and then boom Picks up 3-4-5 yards. I guess we kept McNichols for pass pro more than a running threat . 

They really love Kaz Allen who is now a RB for us.

I think he'll be brought up because of his physical athletic ability & his ability to return kickoffs. (Like Ekeler)

He can also be used as a WR as well.

Lots of nasty sets Kingsbury can cook up, bringing up Kaz Allen.

It's probably the move I would make, anyways. He's also pretty darn fast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

They really love Kaz Allen who is now a RB for us.

I think he'll be brought up because of his physical athletic ability & his ability to return kickoffs. (Like Ekeler)

He can also be used as a WR as well.

Lots of nasty sets Kingsbury can cook up, bringing up Kaz Allen.

It's probably the move I would make, anyways. He's also pretty darn fast.

I agree with you.  I think they have been just waiting for the opportunity to bring him up.  Although I am not sure how it will work out.  He may have been the talk of camp but he didn't really show much at all in pre-season.

I also think they love mcnichols and are comfortable with Robinson and him.

At Joe Whitt’s Presser:

Joe Whitt Jr: when asked about the Safety Room specifically Darrick Forrest 

“Forrest has done everything we’ve asked him to do. He missed some time early on , I’m not down on him I’m actually very high on him.”
This statement doesn’t reflect his playing time.