Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/937theFan/status/1823716319201734954

Ray with a strong statement here.

The San Francisco #49ers have met Brandon Aiyuk’s demands of Annual Salary (near $28M avg), per source. The hold up I’m told is: Amount of years & guaranteed $ on the deal. #Niners want to give Aiyuk a 3Yr extension (4yrs total), BA wants a 4Yr extension (5yrs total). #FTTBSF_HASHMOJI_2023_2024_2.png

https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1823715912551424065

There's the "iron out" point that I heard about. That's not an ironing out. That's still far apart IMO.

Edited by warfelg

Piecing a lot of different things together here's where it sounds like Aiyuk sits with contracts:

SF - 3 year $90M extension with $45M GTD. That brings full value to 4 years, $114.5M with $60M GTD

PIT - 4 year $115M extension with $80M GTD. That brings full value to 5 years, $129.5M with $84.5M GTD

The compensation to SF from PIT would be 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd, potentially late round swap.

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/937theFan/status/1823716319201734954

Ray with a strong statement here.

https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1823715912551424065

There's the "iron out" point that I heard about. That's not an ironing out. That's still far apart IMO.

that seems like a big hold up lol I could see that being the reason for all this since the beginning

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

that seems like a big hold up lol I could see that being the reason for all this since the beginning

Yea, it made no sense that SF would be up in arms about AAV since that is more of accounting and $2MM is a rounding error (my new favorite phrase for issues like this). GTD money not being there and years being a holdup is a much bigger deal. Really makes me rethink all the "oh their close" reports as really being stuff SF is pushing to try to drive his value up and make Omar panic into offering more.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

Jerry Rice made it seem like something could get done today and in favor of the niners

IDK how in touch he is with the franchise FO tho

SF beat guys make it sound like he was called in to talk to Aiyuk to get to a solution. Which, if you need to GOAT to talk someone into staying you should trade him. lol

• Like 2

Why did SF let it get to this point. Aiyuk is probably their 2nd most important piece behind Purdy on offense going forward. Deebo is starting to fall apart, Mccaffey is a older RB, and Kittle probably about to slow down. Aiyuk might be the only skill guy from this core, who'll still be elite 2-3 years from now. Aiyuk should've been locked up months ago

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Piecing a lot of different things together here's where it sounds like Aiyuk sits with contracts:

SF - 3 year $90M extension with $45M GTD. That brings full value to 4 years, $114.5M with $60M GTD

PIT - 4 year $115M extension with $80M GTD. That brings full value to 5 years, $129.5M with $84.5M GTD

The compensation to SF from PIT would be 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd, potentially late round swap.

If true, that's a LOT of guaranteed money that SF needs to come up on. That's not even accounting for the tax adjustment from SF to Pittsburgh. The AAV between the 2 is negligible with SF offering more, but again that's not accounting for any tax adjustment. I don't see how you would give up over $25M in guaranteed money total and sign with SF if that's all accurate.

#Steelers remain motivated on a Brandon Aiyuk deal, but trade talks with #49ers were quiet in recent days as S.F. decides whether to extend the WR at a price point he would accept. As one source pointed out, the team is ‘one phone call away’ on deal, with parameters in place.

Keep in mind Fowler is one of the MOST plugged in Steelers national media guys out there. This really feels like it's down to are the Niners going to meet Aiyuks demands and they are the ones playing games with it.

This is probably the most annoying offseason player spectacle we have been involved in since all the Hines Ward drama back in 2007.

I know someone will mention Antonio Brown, but that was more infuriating than annoying.

This needs to end soon.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 43M said:

This is probably the most annoying offseason player spectacle we have been involved in since all the Hines Ward drama back in 2007.

I know someone will mention Antonio Brown, but that was more infuriating than annoying.

This needs to end soon.

What happened with Hines Ward? Why am I drawing a blank on any drama with him?

36 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

What happened with Hines Ward? Why am I drawing a blank on any drama with him?

With his contract.   I remember there was alot of media speculation about whether we would give him a new contract and he was saying some stuff about not feeling appreciated and it seemed to drag on.   Pretty sure got his contract right before preseason.

This is probably worse, but I remember being really annoyed back then.

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Why did SF let it get to this point.

to see if they can con Khan and especially if they won't be able to afford him due to the cap anyways. Thats about all I see, and this is going on for too long.  Just imagine if this continues into the regular season^_^

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Why did SF let it get to this point. Aiyuk is probably their 2nd most important piece behind Purdy on offense going forward. Deebo is starting to fall apart, Mccaffey is a older RB, and Kittle probably about to slow down. Aiyuk might be the only skill guy from this core, who'll still be elite 2-3 years from now. Aiyuk should've been locked up months ago

They do it with every single player, just to varying degrees. Its so annoying because the 49ers inevitably cave and give in anyway. I have no idea why they approach negotiations like this. It's a horrific strategy.

But Aiyuk and Deebo both demanded trades. Bosa didn't sign until there was like 3 days left before the season. Kittle and Warner both had negotiations bleed into training camp and didn't practice. Trent Williams is currently holding out and when he was first traded, he almost signed with the Chiefs because the 49ers front office wouldn't negotiate. He had to call Kyle and tell him if they didn't hurry it up, he was going to sign with KC. 

• Like 1