Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

40 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I would much rather have overpaid for a decent #2 or #3 than go into the season with this WR corp.  We're still $15 under the cap.

I know you can rollover the cap but people are acting like you can’t sign good young players to long term deals BEFORE actually getting you’re QB of the future…

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AFF said:

I know you can rollover the cap but people are acting like you can’t sign good young players to long term deals BEFORE actually getting you’re QB of the future…

That’s what I wanted to do. Get Aiyuk, then trade up next year for a QB. Everyone can get paid with a rookie QB.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AFF said:

And I’d argue right now it’s preferable to use that cap so we can look to “sell the farm” for a cheap QB. But at that point I wouldn’t be shocked if only Cam Heyward gets a new deal. 

Really random - Niners have the most cap space left this year and it sounds like Aiyuk deal is really backloaded. Like, despite the roll over they could have front loaded his deal and have been done with it. 

Steelers depot (sorry for the multiple thoughts in one response) were near the bottom in cash spending so we’re going to need to spend close to $100 mil in cash next year. That may be what they are holding on for to allow cash and cap to match. Just a random shot in the dark thought. 

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That’s what I wanted to do. Get Aiyuk, then trade up next year for a QB. Everyone can get paid with a rookie QB.

they might not need to trade up though, thats part 2 to all this:ph34r:

A little random, but if the idea that Smith doesn’t need two receivers holds and they WERE interested in trading for Aiyuk…

It does beg the question of their believe in Pickens as a long term answer. If they are cool with only 1 legit receiver, they likely saw Aiyuk as a replacement rather than an additive. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 10:34 AM, 43M said:

I just dont see this happening.    Seems like alot of fluff and getting fans hopes up, but in the end methinks thats all it will ever be.

I have nothing against Aiyuk at all and wouldnt mind getting him, but its one of those "shiit or get off the pot" type things.  Been hearing the same things all offseason and nothings really changed.

I think he either stays with the 49ers this season or goes to a team thats not really being talked about.  Alot of supposed insiders are full of it, acting like they are privy to inside information when they dont know dic.

IiNW41Z.gif

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

A little random, but if the idea that Smith doesn’t need two receivers holds and they WERE interested in trading for Aiyuk…

It does beg the question of their believe in Pickens as a long term answer. If they are cool with only 1 legit receiver, they likely saw Aiyuk as a replacement rather than an additive. 

That’s an interesting idea. I’d never thought of it that way. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I hate to tell chase but he has 2 years left on his contract and the Bengals ( i.e. Mike Brown) is cheap.  I am sure everyone is telling him that they will pay more later but he can be cheap( like his dad).  Just like Aiyuk, I do not expect Chase to be traded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I hate to tell chase but he has 2 years left on his contract and the Bengals ( i.e. Mike Brown) is cheap.  I am sure everyone is telling him that they will pay more later but he can be cheap( like his dad).  Just like Aiyuk, I do not expect Chase to be traded.

Me neither but I expect the speculation train will be full steam ahead if this statement is accurate. Especially if he sits out this week. Choo Choo 🚂