2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

Just now, 101Raider said:

I think Likely is a fine usage of a waiver claim, even with McBride.  The panic is real at TE this week.  Trade 1 of them. Worse case you have a viable flex player. 

I just got Chris Godwin in a straight up trade for Likely. 

True, I'm just going to kick myself if I burn #1 waiver priority on a second TE and then a league winning RB comes available in the next few weeks due to injury lol

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

True, I'm just going to kick myself if I burn #1 waiver priority on a second TE and then a league winning RB comes available in the next few weeks due to injury lol

Totally get it, I’d feel the same way lol 

9 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

So in a SF, is Jameis worth a stash with short bench slots(6 total)?  Already have Levis there…

Any Browns fans what to prognosticate on whether Watson loses his job (either by the league or through crappy play)?

With short bench spots, is there decent players on waivers at RB and WR?  If so, grabbing Jameis is a good idea as a prospective move.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, squire12 said:

With short bench spots, is there decent players on waivers at RB and WR?  If so, grabbing Jameis is a good idea as a prospective move.  

Waivers are picked pretty clean right now, only guy id likely pick up is Josh Downs

Do I pick up Jordan Mason or JK Dobbins? I really want Mason but I have a feeling at best he starts for McCaffrey next week and C-Mac plays every game the rest of the year aside from maybe the last game or two with SF being comfortable in playoffs. On the other hand Dobbins is insanely talented and may be the lead back after this performance (even with Edwards having one more carry), but he’s just as likely to get hurt next game.

39 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Do I pick up Jordan Mason or JK Dobbins? I really want Mason but I have a feeling at best he starts for McCaffrey next week and C-Mac plays every game the rest of the year aside from maybe the last game or two with SF being comfortable in playoffs. On the other hand Dobbins is insanely talented and may be the lead back after this performance (even with Edwards having one more carry), but he’s just as likely to get hurt next game.

I’d pick up Dobbins 

10 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I'd go Mason, but you're solely shooting the moon on upside. 

I think there's a chance CMC goes on IR 

Need some advice for this week. I currently have Achane and Wright.  Woke up early this morning and saw that Mostert is out and that Jeff Wilson wasn’t picked up so I moved to block my opponent from picking him up.

now I’ve got all 3 pieces… what combo do I start Thursday/Sunday  in a 1/2 ppr?

right now this what I’ve got going w/ relevant pieces

RB: Achane (assuming playing)

RB: Stevenson

WR: Lamb

WR: Metcalf

Flex: C. Godwin 

also have JK Dobbins if that’s a preferred option somewhere.  So mix & match above with JK, Wilson and Wright please (preferably in both scenarios of with and without Achane)

Edited by 101Raider

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am currently rostering all 4 Miami running backs

Haha just saw this… looks like we’re both in nearly the same boat.  Don’t know what to do with them this week tbh

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Need some advice for this week. I currently have Achane and Wright.  Woke up early this morning and saw that Mostert is out and that Jeff Wilson wasn’t picked up so I moved to block my opponent from picking him up.

now I’ve got all 3 pieces… what combo do I start Thursday/Sunday  in a 1/2 ppr?

right now this what I’ve got going w/ relevant pieces

RB: Achane (assuming playing)

RB: Stevenson

WR: Lamb

WR: Metcalf

Flex: C. Godwin 

also have JK Dobbins if that’s a preferred option somewhere.  So mix & match above with JK, Wilson and Wright please (preferably in both scenarios of with and without Achane)

So I'm leaning towards not being able to start any of the Miami running backs in my own league. I'll start Wilson if both Achane and mostert are out. But even Achane... You're really exposed to a possibly reinjury in game it seems like

Edit:

This is really good news. This may make me feel comfortable even though it was a lighter walkthrough

• Like 2

I lost Love and have no backup. I'm in a 12 team, short bench league where most teams have x2 QBs (Playing with friends and our S/Os):

• Love
  • Hall, Pacheco, Conner, Bigsby, Irving
  • Olave, Cooper, Mclaurin, Lazard, Watson
  • Bowers

I literally just picked up Bigsby, Irving and Lazard on WW this morning (for free) but obviously I need to make a move for a QB.

Best available QBs:

• Rodgers
  • Geno
  • Darnold
  • Watson
  • Cousins

Who would you drop and add at QB?

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I lost Love and have no backup. I'm in a 12 team, short bench league where most teams have x2 QBs (Playing with friends and our S/Os):

• Love
  • Hall, Pacheco, Conner, Bigsby, Irving
  • Olave, Cooper, Mclaurin, Lazard, Watson
  • Bowers

I literally just picked up Bigsby, Irving and Lazard on WW this morning (for free) but obviously I need to make a move for a QB.

Best available QBs:

• Rodgers
  • Geno
  • Darnold
  • Watson
  • Cousins

Who would you drop and add at QB?

Pretty easy drop of Christian Watson for me. 

I'd also roll with Geno out of those options, though I don't hate a darnold add, though less bullish on this week. Don't like  Rodgers matchup this week.