2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who's your RB2, Bijan or Breece? 

Breece is my RB1, Bijan is my RB2, CMC is my RB3.  

CMC will have to do what nobody else has done to be the top RB again this year.  I am guessing if healthy he will finish as a top 5 RB but I think he gets hurt and misses time between his injury history and the history of RBs who get 400 touches and the history of RBs 28 and older.  

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who's your RB2, Bijan or Breece? 

I'm taking Breece over Bijan.  We saw his absolute floor last year with a swiss cheese o-line and horrible QB play, yet he still was elite.  Now has a QB upgrade with BOTH Rodgers and Taylor and significant offensive line upgrades, I'll take that all day.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think he gets hurt and misses time 

may be nothing, but already has a soft tissue calf injury.  Those can be finicky and tend to linger... feel like it's a bit of season foreshadowing there.  Glad I'm not in a position to have to make the decision to draft him this year. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Lamb is my WR4. He’s not as talented as those three guys and I’m expecting Cowboy regression. Still a great pick though 

I can't have any WR catching balls from Darnold or worse in my top 3 and am struggling to put him in my top 5.  My WR rankings are Chase, Hill, ARSB, Lamb, Jefferson. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Garret Wilson finishes top 5 or top 3 even. JJ has the talent so won't take the next tier of guys over him but if I was picking right now i would probably take Wilson over him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Joining a Guillotine league for the first time this year. Any advice for drafting? 

Get the best starting lineup you can for the first 3-5 weeks.  As players become available as teams are eliminated you will add depth and better players.

Watch your bye weeks.  Early is bad for your studs/ starters.  Don't stack bye weeks

Edited by squire12

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I can't have any WR catching balls from Darnold or worse in my top 3 and am struggling to put him in my top 5.  My WR rankings are Chase, Hill, ARSB, Lamb, Jefferson. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Garret Wilson finishes top 5 or top 3 even. JJ has the talent so won't take the next tier of guys over him but if I was picking right now i would probably take Wilson over him.  

I’ve got the same thinking with JJ. Though I’d take AJ Brown over him and Wilson. 

1: Hill

2: Lamb (though I’m watching the contract stuff),

3: Chase

4: St Brown (I struggle with him and Chase tbh)

5: AJ Brown

6: JJ

7: Wilson

8: Puka

If Aiyuk gets traded, I’m moving Deebo up into the 7 slot I think. 

There seems to be a lot more quality RBs this year in the 7-10 round range than in years past. 

Haven’t done a draft yet so just going off what the mocks are telling me but you have a list of guys like…

Tajae Spears 
Zamir White
Javonte Williams 
Jaylen Warren 
Devin Singletary
Jonathan Brooks 
Chubba Hubbard
Jerome Ford 
Rico Dowdle 

All are guys going in the 7th round or later this year. Say what you want about their skill set but these guys are going to have a pretty significant role in their offense. 

I’ll admit that I was wrong about Braelon Allen. He’s going to be a good pro. He’s trapped behind Breece, but he’s probably among the top five backup RBs to own. Much better receiver than I thought…and being the youngest player in the league may count for something. At the end of his rookie contract he’ll be 24 years old…still having tread on the tires. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’ll admit that I was wrong about Braelon Allen. He’s going to be a good pro. He’s trapped behind Breece, but he’s probably among the top five backup RBs to own. Much better receiver than I thought…and being the youngest player in the league may count for something. At the end of his rookie contract he’ll be 24 years old…still having tread on the tires. 

He’s the type of guy im gonna snag last round and on the 3% chance something happens to Hall long term in the 1st few weeks Im golden.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 7:36 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Breece is my RB1, Bijan is my RB2, CMC is my RB3.  

CMC will have to do what nobody else has done to be the top RB again this year.  I am guessing if healthy he will finish as a top 5 RB but I think he gets hurt and misses time between his injury history and the history of RBs who get 400 touches and the history of RBs 28 and older.  

at what point are we going to hold Hackett accountable as being a trash OC. The mans offense always flops