Who do you think is the second best player in the league?

mdonnelly21

Who do you think is the second best player in the league?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the second best player in the league?

• Josh Allen
    • Justin Jefferson
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Christian McCaffrey
    • Trent Williams
    • Sauce Gardner
    • Myles Garrett
    • T.J Watt
    • Chris Jones
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Roquan Smith
    • Travis Kelce
    • Other

It is hard to compare across positions, but I think there is a strong argument for TJ Watt.  Top 3 in DPOY voting 4 of the last 5 years (the one season he wasn't, he was limited to 10 games), winning it once, and 3 seasons where he's led the league in sacks.  And the eye test backs it up - he's a menace.  The Steelers defense isn't the same without him.  

Garrett deserved DPOY last year but IMO there is nobody better than TJ Watt on defense, so he would be my pick for #2.  But again very hard to compare across positions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

It is hard to compare across positions, but I think there is a strong argument for TJ Watt.  Top 3 in DPOY voting 4 of the last 5 years (the one season he wasn't, he was limited to 10 games), winning it once, and 3 seasons where he's led the league in sacks.  And the eye test backs it up - he's a menace.  The Steelers defense isn't the same without him.  

Garrett deserved DPOY last year but IMO there is nobody better than TJ Watt on defense, so he would be my pick for #2.  But again very hard to compare across positions.

Yeah I agree. Apples to Oranges. And even sometimes Apples too Steak. 

However I think its a fun debate given that. 

And also given that you're probably going to simply by who is the most dominant relative to their position. 

How close to you think Garrett and TJ Watt are? What for example would you give a rating up to 99 for each?

Honestly. 

my top 10 would be.

Mahomes

Josh Allen 

TJ Watt

Justin Jefferson 

Micah Parsons 

Chris Jones 

Myles Garret 

Tyreek Hill

Joe Burrow

Trent Williams 

reason why I don’t have cmc, the Rb position is so close and tight not much of a difference between the top guy and the next 10 IMO. 
why? Because, we’re going based of this year. Last year is last year. 

I feel strongly about the group of guys being just as good as CMC.

i think Bijon is a superior RB to cmc, not just based of potential but off of talent as well. He’s the most physically gifted RB I’ve ever seen to maybe AP. He’s fast, big and strong. Then you have guys like Kyren who technically speaking was the best RB in the NFL last year. He had the best per game avgs of all RBs and he missed 5 games, dude was a few yards behind cmc. you have Gibbs who when he started playing was showing out his dominance. His production and elite speed made the lions into a contender. Bryce Hall is a guy who’s crazy talented as well. 

Lamar? Honestly, he doesn’t move the needle for me. His consistency to lose and not show up in playoff games are just not it. You need certified ballers, same reason why I despise Dak. 

Why no Maxx Crosby? Well to me he’s just a hustle Chris Long type motor guy. Zero impact in winning, zero impact in making a defense better. Zero game winnings plays, just a donut and Myles, TJ, Micah and Jones not only have better production but perform better too. Dudes as, I like Hutch way better. He’s a maxx clone to me, but he’s doing maxx things at a younger pace. Not to mention Bosa who’s mad overrated but still blows him out the water. 

I really this new crop of RBs. It’s pretty insane. I’m a huge Bijon Homer. Im

buying all his stock. 

On 8/17/2024 at 1:33 AM, El Ramster said:

Honestly. 

my top 10 would be.

Mahomes

Josh Allen 

TJ Watt

Justin Jefferson 

Micah Parsons 

Chris Jones 

Myles Garret 

Tyreek Hill

Joe Burrow

Trent Williams 

reason why I don’t have cmc, the Rb position is so close and tight not much of a difference between the top guy and the next 10 IMO. 
why? Because, we’re going based of this year. Last year is last year. 

I feel strongly about the group of guys being just as good as CMC.

i think Bijon is a superior RB to cmc, not just based of potential but off of talent as well. He’s the most physically gifted RB I’ve ever seen to maybe AP. He’s fast, big and strong. Then you have guys like Kyren who technically speaking was the best RB in the NFL last year. He had the best per game avgs of all RBs and he missed 5 games, dude was a few yards behind cmc. you have Gibbs who when he started playing was showing out his dominance. His production and elite speed made the lions into a contender. Bryce Hall is a guy who’s crazy talented as well. 

Lamar? Honestly, he doesn’t move the needle for me. His consistency to lose and not show up in playoff games are just not it. You need certified ballers, same reason why I despise Dak. 

Why no Maxx Crosby? Well to me he’s just a hustle Chris Long type motor guy. Zero impact in winning, zero impact in making a defense better. Zero game winnings plays, just a donut and Myles, TJ, Micah and Jones not only have better production but perform better too. Dudes as, I like Hutch way better. He’s a maxx clone to me, but he’s doing maxx things at a younger pace. Not to mention Bosa who’s mad overrated but still blows him out the water. 

I really this new crop of RBs. It’s pretty insane. I’m a huge Bijon Homer. Im

buying all his stock. 

You come up with the craziest stuff to justify your oddball opinions lol. CMC isn't in the best running because other RBs might be as good as him? They aren't but potentially could be lol

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You come up with the craziest stuff to justify your oddball opinions lol. CMC isn't in the best running because other RBs might be as good as him? They aren't but potentially could be lol

In what way am I wrong? I showed you proof and context. CMC has had one good year and 2 decent ones in his whole 8 year career.’you know this right? He’s headed for that dreaded 30 soon, has battled tons of injuries. Niners have issues with Ayuck and Trent bozo. 

I’ll guarantee you that 3-5 guys have better seasons to CMC next year. 

Kyren 

Cooks 

Bijan 

Gibbs 

Saquon 

JT 

Kenneth Walker. 

Last year was cmc best year in his 8 year career, yapping like he’s the goat rb. Mf, I’ve seen Faulk, Jackson and Gurley. CMC can’t even wipe their sweaty balls with his resume. 

31 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

In what way am I wrong? I showed you proof and context. CMC has had one good year and 2 decent ones in his whole 8 year career.’you know this right? He’s headed for that dreaded 30 soon, has battled tons of injuries. Niners have issues with Ayuck and Trent bozo. 

He has 4 seasons (out of 7) with 1800+ YFS and 10+ TDs.  3 times 1st or 2nd team All-Pro.  Multiple times been in the OPOY race.  Has 1 of 3 1000/1000 seasons.

Edited by iknowcool

It is Josh Allen and really it is not even close.  There is no player that is more important to winning on this list than Josh Allen.  No team would take anyone over Josh Allen on this list if they were starting an organization.

Penei Sewell and Tristian Wirfs should be on the list ahead of Trent Williams because they are both more healthy and younger than Williams, and arguably better because of their availability, and Travis Kelce who honestly because of his age not sure how many elite years he has left.  

Would be great to say a WR or a Pass rusher is as important as a QB but that is just not the case until Jefferson or Hill win a Super Bowl or Maxx Crosby leads the Raiders to a Super Bowl or Garrett leads the Browns...  Wish it was not the case and other players had that type of impact but they do not, it is all about the QB and starts at the QB position.  Last five Super Bowl winners, the best QB in that game won the game.

Chris Jones is a really awesome player, but would the Chiefs have won any of those Super Bowls without Mahomes?  Absolutely not, would they have won without Chris Jones, most likely, maybe not as many but they still would be a good football team.  

In terms of young up and coming players who are not QBs who can change organizations, I would say Penei Sewell is right up there with any, potentially premium top OL in the NFL.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Would be great to say a WR or a Pass rusher is as important as a QB but that is just not the case until Jefferson or Hill win a Super Bowl or Maxx Crosby leads the Raiders to a Super Bowl or Garrett leads the Browns...  

I mean... it isn't like Josh Allen has won a Super Bowl. 

Yeah a QB is the most important position in football but it is a team game at the end of the day.  Rodgers only played in one Super Bowl.  Is he no more valuable than Jared Goff?  Brock Purdy?  Joe Flacco?

Don't get me wrong, I do think there is an argument for Allen at that spot.  But being a great QB doesn't automatically propel your team to a Super Bowl.  Just seems silly to hold it against guys like Garrett/Crosby/etc for not winning one and then pound the table for a guy who also hasn't won one and might never.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1