Preseason Game 2 @ Denver Broncos

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I assumed he stole those from somebody like PFF. Do they even grade preseason? 

Herman does his own grades.

Not sure what criteria he uses, but he's pretty consistent.  I give him respect because he does the work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Herman does his own grades.

Not sure what criteria he uses, but he's pretty consistent.  I give him respect because he does the work.

If your banker continuously reads the market wrong would you keep giving him money because hes trying? If he doesnt know what hes looking at how can he be consistent?

Dubose with a worse grade than Wilson?

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

If your banker continuously reads the market wrong would you keep giving him money because hes trying? If he doesnt know what hes looking at how can he be consistent?

Dubose with a worse grade than Wilson?

WTF? Bankers? Calm down Mr. Judgy Pants.

Never said I agree with everything he says, but I can still respect his opinions and effort. Try it sometimes. 

• Like 1

I do disagree that Newman was the worst player on offense.  Telfort and Monk got annihilated on 3 straight plays to Dillon, and Melton had at least 3 drops.  IMO Rhyan didn't look very good snapping the ball either.  I guess all I am saying is that if you are looking for reasons to cut Royce Newman, there are plenty, but I don't think the Browns game was one of them.

All that said, Herman is pretty consistent with his grades.  How much you trust his expertise is up to you, but if nothing else, the grades will be consistent.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I would guess a lot of the starters are not going to play in this one. Given we are holding practices against Denver this week, most will get the week off. For certain the top guys won't play. 

It's going to be fun to watch the WR 5-6-7 play out with a backup quarterback tossing passes. The secondary and offensive line will be fun to watch as well. 

Wish the two linebackers we drafted could get some work. I've not heard if they are back practicing yet. 

I had thought of that, but still it seems like the 2nd preseason game has always been the "dress rehearsal" game.  Maybe LaFleur decided since Baltimore is usually a more serious preseason competitor team kind of like Buffalo that he would save it for them, but problem there is it still feels too close to the actual season to get your guys banged up.

Yeah idk, changing things up can be good, but I still like the last preseason game to be the one that this one would essentially be with little to no starters and the bench being emptied out of the last guys making the practice squad or auditioning for other teams.

58 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I had thought of that, but still it seems like the 2nd preseason game has always been the "dress rehearsal" game.  Maybe LaFleur decided since Baltimore is usually a more serious preseason competitor team kind of like Buffalo that he would save it for them, but problem there is it still feels too close to the actual season to get your guys banged up.

Yeah idk, changing things up can be good, but I still like the last preseason game to be the one that this one would essentially be with little to no starters and the bench being emptied out of the last guys making the practice squad or auditioning for other teams.

He explained that the big dogs will get their competitive reps in the joint practice, so they don't need to play in the game. My guess is we'll see the same approach next week versus the Ravens, hence the (somewhat surprising) decision to play them against the Browns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

WTF? Bankers? Calm down Mr. Judgy Pants.

Never said I agree with everything he says, but I can still respect his opinions and effort. Try it sometimes. 

Thats what we call an analogy my guy.

I respect Hermans reporting, i do not respect his punditry.

This game is a must win game for the Packers with the Broncos leading the all-time preseason series 7-3.

The Broncos also handed the Packers their only SB loss when the Packers were 14-point favorites no less. 

Go forth and slaughter those mangy bastards, then eat their fish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Are we going straight second and third teamers tonight, or do we see a little bit from the likes of Wicks, Stokes, Rhyan?

Are we sure Wicks and Rhyan aren't second stringers? Looks to me like Stokes has clearly won the other CB spot, but Wicks may still be behind Reed, Watson and Doubs. Rhyan probably either behind Morgan or barely in front. 

Guess I'd expect Rhyan but not the other two. 

I imagine we’ll see a lot of Rhyan, both at guard and center. He needs to prove he’s in game shape.

I don’t need to see Wicks at all and would be surprised to see him out there. He played one snap last week. 

26 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I imagine we’ll see a lot of Rhyan, both at guard and center. He needs to prove he’s in game shape.

I don’t need to see Wicks at all and would be surprised to see him out there. He played one snap last week. 

I wasn't meaning specifically Wicks.  I mean like guys that are locks to make the team, but not necessarily number 1 at their positions.  Love, Jacobs, Jaire, Gary, Preston, Kenny, Xavier McKinney probably won't play.  But do we see a few series of Keisean Nixon or Rasheed Walker? or is it just all rookies and guys fighting for spots?

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wasn't meaning specifically Wicks.  I mean like guys that are locks to make the team, but not necessarily number 1 at their positions.  Love, Jacobs, Jaire, Gary, Preston, Kenny, Xavier McKinney probably won't play.  But do we see a few series of Keisean Nixon or Rasheed Walker? or is it just all rookies and guys fighting for spots?

I think you will see a lot of those guys playing. You can't put the quarterbacks out there to die. Also, another chance for those guys to improve. 

On 8/16/2024 at 11:36 PM, R T said:

This game is a must win game for the Packers with the Broncos leading the all-time preseason series 7-3.

The Broncos also handed the Packers their only SB loss when the Packers were 14-point favorites no less. 

Go forth and slaughter those mangy bastards, then eat their fish.

Ugh, crazy even though I know this was only meant to be funny, I almost wish we could go out and go off on them 2011 style.  Never forgive them for SB XXXII.