AP names Gardner Minshew starting QB

NYRaider

53 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Quite wasting my time considering you have no clue what a fact is.  Nothing more needs to be said that that.  

We are talking 1st grade stuff here....  Unbelievable

To be fair, I don’t think you know either.

you cannot say it’s a fact we didn’t even try to move up.

you know for certain Tom didn’t have a conversation with all 12 teams?

I doubt it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

To be fair, I don’t think you know either.

you cannot say it’s a fact we didn’t even try to move up.

you know for certain Tom didn’t have a conversation with all 12 teams?

I doubt it

Correct, I should have omitted tried.  We never moved up and that is a fact.

We don't know for a fact that we never tried to move up to 10 however there was zero indication out of any camp that we tried to move up for JJ.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is pure speculation and it's a fact that we didn't even try.  Are you telling me that if we threw 4 first rounders at the Jets the Vikings would have outbid us?  Hahaha Obviously that would be illogical and foolish to do but I am using this an example of how idiotic your stance is.  

The Vikings gave up two 4th's to move up for JJ.  Your point would make a bit of sense if they had they moved up 5+ spots for him and gave up multiple high end picks but they didn't.  They could have been outbid and we didn't even give it a shot. 

You're out of pocket with this comment. It's pure speculation that Minnesota could have out bid the Raiders, but fact they didn't try.

The Vikings had higher picks in every round and an additional 1. Your argument is the Raiders could have offered a 3rd and 4th based on what Minnesota paid. Okay... and what, you think Minnesota wouldn't have upped their offer for the player they said they didn't want to miss out on?

• Like 4

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Correct, I should have omitted tried.  We never moved up and that is a fact.

We don't know for a fact that we never tried to move up to 10 however there was zero indication out of any camp that we tried to move up for JJ.  

Yup, just as there was 0 indication that we liked bowers at 13.

draft time is tough, can’t really believe anything. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A fact is we never tried to move up.

This is pure speculation. You have no way of knowing this and in fact, it goes against what Telesco had to say. Telling someone they don't know what a fact is and then making one up is on brand.

“We looked into it like I said in the pre-draft press conference,” Telesco said. “We kind of had a plan to ... maybe move up if the opportunity was there. It wasn’t there, kept moving.”

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 4

I think the talk about "we didn't do what we needed to do to get a QB" (whether in the draft or in FA) is a played out take... and we should move on from that already.

There was zero chance for us to move up in the draft and even if we did, I didn't want Nix or Penix that high. Desperation rarely leads to anything sustainably positive. The only guys worth trading up for were gone after JJ was taken. And if they wanted those guys, why would they trade down. They had higher picks and better leverage on getting the guy they wanted than we did.

There were no other options at QB for us unless we traded for Fields or tried to get Russel Wilson. But they aren't a good fit for us. Minshew was actually likely the best option in terms of contract and value, and hopefully he can continue to play well enough with stacked skill position players around him.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is pure speculation. You have no way of knowing this and in fact, it goes against what Telesco had to say. Telling someone they don't know what a fact is and then making one up is on brand.

I corrected what I said and that was it is a fact we never moved up.  I was wiping the sleep out of my eyes while posting lol

Your quote where TT said, " we had a planned to move up" is GM/HC speak at it's finest.  What round is he referring to potentially moving up, for who and what was offered if anything?  Nowhere have I read that he was even considering moving up to 10 to take a shot at JJ.  To me that is where the value was and like I said in numerous prior posts if JJ hit 10 I would considering moving up for him and there is zero indication we even tried.  Moving from 13 to 10 was clearly on the table the question is what would it have taken to get the job done.  NYJ moved back so clearly they were in the market for a trade back but we never gave it a shot.  Now here we are with Minchew, another wasted season and zero plan in place for a QBOTF.  I project this team to win 7ish games which would take us out of the top 10 once again.  Hopefully we can luck ourselves into a QBOTF in the middle of the 1st but with our prior history I am sure we will find some way to screw that up too. 

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I corrected what I said and that was it is a fact we never moved up.  I was wiping the sleep out of my eyes while posting lol

Your quote where TT said, " we had a planned to move up" is GM/HC speak at it's finest.  What round is he referring to potentially moving up, for who and what was offered if anything?  Nowhere have I read that he was even considering moving up to 10 to take a shot at JJ.  To me that is where the value was and like I said in numerous prior posts if JJ hit 10 I would considering moving up for him and there is zero indication we even tried.  Moving from 13 to 10 was clearly on the table the question is what would it have taken to get the job done.  NYJ moved back so clearly they were in the market for a trade back but we never gave it a shot.  Now here we are with Minchew, another wasted season and zero plan in place for a QBOTF.  I project this team to win 7ish games which would take us out of the top 10 once again.  Hopefully we can luck ourselves into a QBOTF in the middle of the 1st but with our prior history I am sure we will find some way to screw that up too. 

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about before.  I'm not going to redo the research, but didn't the Jets move back just one spot to still get the guy they planned on getting the entire time and grab an extra pick in the process?

By moving back 3 spots they chanced losing the player they wanted the entire time.  This has been talked about.  I understand you wanted a QB but talking about the past isn't going to change reality.  You just have to suck it up Frankie.  The Raiders don't care about your feelings or ideas.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Should you? 

The Jets Douglas said they didn't want to move out of the top 10 picks, they moved down 1 and got their guy. 

Wasted season? They are 1-1 and Bowers is already helping win games for the team. 

Zero plan for a QBOTF. Did you know they have a draft every year?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Should you? 

The Jets Douglas said they didn't want to move out of the top 10 picks, they moved down 1 and got their guy. 

Wasted season? They are 1-1 and Bowers is already helping win games for the team. 

Zero plan for a QBOTF. Did you know they have a draft every year?

It's a wasted season and they have zero chance of winning the SB with Minchew.  We are 1 and 1 so what?  We started out last season 1 and 1 with Jimmy G.

We have had drafts for the last 10 years and what has that done for our QBOTF?  Nothing.  The last two years we have trotted out Jimmy G and Minchew.  We have no plan in place at Qb other than blind faith that we will draft a guy.