The Cutdown to 53 (Official list on page 4)

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our depth is god awful, borderline non NFL players.

Meyers is a really good number 2, we’d be able to move Bowers around. Mayer would get more opps and Tucker has as good a preseason as anyone. Wouldn’t  be be ideal but we’d have options. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Meyers is a really good number 2, we’d be able to move Bowers around. Mayer would get more opps and Tucker has as good a preseason as anyone. Wouldn’t  be be ideal but we’d have options. 

I would've preferred one more veteran option, sucks that Gallup retired.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

17 yards per game is a lot of promise to you? He hasn't shown anything to suggest he could be a reliable #2 WR, lol

You’re just being obtuse as usual. You actually have to watch him play to see the big play potential. I wouldn’t say Tucker would be a #2 but he can certainly be a playmaker. His statistics were obviously negatively affected by being a rookie and having the awful Garoppolo at QB followed by the rookie throwing him the ball.

In this scenario where Adams is injured, I would think Mayer and Bowers would take the lions share of ‘chain moving’ throws, Jakobi would be de facto #1 WR and Tucker would be the wild card. I don’t think he’s ever going to be a consistent go to option but he is a playmaker. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why did we keep 7 LB and cut Snowden?

Seems strange, Snowden outplayed Mauga imo, plus we’ll mostly be in nickel so I was expecting 5 or 6 LBs only. TBH thought Burney and Masterson were on the bubble too.

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Laube makes the 53. Interesting. 

Hate draft status you got guys who earn their spot with great play. Laube literally got body slammed and fumbled into a job not to mention tyree. Other teams aren’t afraid to cut busted rookies/ young guys. So many other rbs especially out there like gore jr

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hate draft status you got guys who earn their spot with great play. Laube literally got body slammed and fumbled into a job not to mention tyree. Other teams aren’t afraid to cut busted rookies/ young guys. So many other rbs especially out there like gore jr

IIRC Pierce made a point of saying decisions are made not just on game film, but how they practice and prepare. By all accounts Laube looked fine otherwise so it must be bigger than the few touches he got.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IIRC Pierce made a point of saying decisions are made not just on game film, but how they practice and prepare. By all accounts Laube looked fine otherwise so it must be bigger than the few touches he got.

#shortsandtshirts

I'm all for practice and preparation being looked fondly upon, but there is a limit. 

Maybe Tyree shows up early, asks questions, stays late, and heads over to APs after practice to do his yard work. Nonstop 24/7/365 commendable dedication. He still got outplayed when it mattered, and I don't care if Snowden skipped practice, hid in the locker room, dipped off early, and pissed on APs flowerbed. 

Now, with Laube, I'm ok with it. He's a rookie making a huge leap, and our Rb room was crowded this preseason. The RBs he beat out were McCormick, a UDFA who missed all of last year and wasn't spectacular, and Brown, a 26 year old former 7th rounder who is slow and plodding. Sensible to go with the perceived upside. 

Either way, I don't necessarily like it as I think it gives a "scholarship player" feel to a few guys, but none of the moves were particularly unexpected. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

#shortsandtshirts

I'm all for practice and preparation being looked fondly upon, but there is a limit. 

Maybe Tyree shows up early, asks questions, stays late, and heads over to APs after practice to do his yard work. Nonstop 24/7/365 commendable dedication. He still got outplayed when it mattered, and I don't care if Snowden skipped practice, hid in the locker room, dipped off early, and pissed on APs flowerbed. 

Now, with Laube, I'm ok with it. He's a rookie making a huge leap, and our Rb room was crowded this preseason. The RBs he beat out were McCormick, a UDFA who missed all of last year and wasn't spectacular, and Brown, a 26 year old former 7th rounder who is slow and plodding. Sensible to go with the perceived upside. 

Either way, I don't necessarily like it as I think it gives a "scholarship player" feel to a few guys, but none of the moves were particularly unexpected. 

I heard Laube had a good camp. He didn't play that much in preseason 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I also think Laube would be better with the 1s 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bit harsh on Laube there I feel, he showed some flashes I thought and apparently had a great camp. If it’s close (which it was) then it makes sense to go with the youngster. 

Wilson on the other hand probably didn’t deserve a roster spot but if we cut him his trade value is gone. Maybe we can lull someone into a trade if we hype him up a bit 😁

• Like 1