The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The difference with Watson and young is when you send Watson to the bench, he’s done here.  I’m sure none of us would mind it, but that’s a big move to make. 

Yeah, typically that's how it would work.

However, he can't ask for a release because we can't take the cap hit.

He can't ask for a trade because we'd have to trade three 1sts just to get someone to take on his contract.

He could retire, but he isn't doing that.

He could just go out and play bad but how would he get that message across, would anyone notice the difference?

Yes, we put ourselves at Watson's mercy with the trade and contract. He is also at our mercy because no one wants him and we can't move on from him. 

Just a bad marriage at this point. Murder suicide is never a good answer. Even if it seems like the only answer.

That got kinda dark.

Maybe he will do the murder suicide thing and start with himself.

You know, professional suicide, of course. 

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, typically that's how it would work.

However, he can't ask for a release because we can't take the cap hit.

He can't ask for a trade because we'd have to trade three 1sts just to get someone to take on his contract.

He could retire, but he isn't doing that.

He could just go out and play bad but how would he get that message across, would anyone notice the difference?

Yes, we put ourselves at Watson's mercy with the trade and contract. He is also at our mercy because no one wants him and we can't move on from him. 

Just a bad marriage at this point. Murder suicide is never a good answer. Even if it seems like the only answer.

That got kinda dark.

Maybe he will do the murder suicide thing and start with himself.

You know, professional suicide, of course. 

I’ll settle for a suspension that lets us void the deal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll settle for a suspension that lets us void the deal.

Same but even with the new accusation that seems like a long shot. I would think if the league took it seriously they would have already had him sit until it got straightened out. You know, as a repeat offender. 

They didn't so I imagine that it stays as just a civil case and the league will ignore it. What's one more?

I’d legitimately love to see voided money and the ability to move on, but I’d legitimately rather see Stefanski just grow a pair and pull him and put Winston in, watch this team have some magic, and then posture himself in AB and Truckstop Jimmy’s face, daring them to do anything about it, while moving on in the next year or two and making this dude sit the bench collecting checks, while Leroy Bickerstaff tweets away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I feel like I can’t enjoy this team until he’s gone. Which was one of the worst parts of the trade and that it was a five-year timeline. Praying that timeline gets sped up somehow, someway.

37 games down 48 to go. 

I don't think it will ever be as good as it was pre-Watson because that stink will always be there to some degree.

But it was never as good since 1999 as it was with the original franchise, the stink of what the league did never completely went away for me.

Honestly, the best case scenario for my fanhood would be new ownership with solid values and loyalty to the players and commitment to the city and fans. It's a billionaire's business though and that's not what billionaire's represent. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’d legitimately love to see voided money and the ability to move on, but I’d legitimately rather see Stefanski just grow a pair and pull him and put Winston in, watch this team have some magic, and then posture himself in AB and Truckstop Jimmy’s face, daring them to do anything about it, while moving on in the next year or two and making this dude sit the bench collecting checks, while Leroy Bickerstaff tweets away.

I'd love it, but we're going down with Watson until/unless he's suspended or injured.

His processing has been absolute crap since he got here. It’s been his biggest weakness by far. Last year against Pittsburgh was probably the worst I have ever seen out of any quarterback ever.  He drops back and has no idea what he is looking at and then just runs around like he’s in a video game. He’s not totally inaccurate on guys that are out there, but he never knows who or where to throw to. That’s why it has come off like lack of preparation, fair or unfair. Basically this guy is just cooked.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

His processing has been absolute crap since he got here. It’s been his biggest weakness by far. Last year against Pittsburgh was probably the worst I have ever seen out of any quarterback ever.  He drops back and has no idea what he is looking at and then just runs around like he’s in a video game. He’s not totally inaccurate on guys that are out there, but he never knows who or where to throw to. That’s why it has come off like lack of preparation, fair or unfair. Basically this guy is just cooked.

Yeah when he gets a clean pocket and he sees the open receivers he’s fairly decent.  Of course that’s true of most pro QBs.

Idk if it’s processing or just a refusal to stop big play hunting or what, but he continues to try to step up through the blitz and look down the field as opposed to finding an outlet and getting rid of the ball.

And like, he’s slippery or elusive or whatever to some degree, but not as much as he seems to think he is.  

Bottom line is either he cleans this up and starts getting the ball out, or teams are going to blitz the hell out of him and we’re gonna watch this all season.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Everything is just bad.

You can mitigate a bad offensive line if you have an elite passing attack.

If you have a bad passing attack you can mitigate that with an elite run game and o-line.

We have nothing. 

I mean, yes, but it all starts with the QB. 

He’s been the second worst starter in the league and he’s struggling vs pressure which also impacts the run game.

This isn't gonna get better until he starts making teams pay for blitzing by making adjustments at the LOS and getting the ball to the open receivers or throwing open receivers who have single coverage. 

On 9/23/2024 at 4:22 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, what is this dude looking at here lol.

Well let’s be real 

you can see the pump fake was because Dexter Lawrence was able to get his had up in the vicinity 

Deshaun didn’t want a tipped pass

i do agree he should’ve got it out there sooner 

hes honestly just gotta keep playing 

maybe he’s done and will never be good 

but I do think it’s still too early to say he’s done 

especially in a brand new offense off a shoulder surgery, bad o line, new oline coach, dropped passes 

like yes he’s played garbage but it’s a team thing right now that starts with him. And he just needs more game reps. If he’s still this bad week 12-14 then we’ve got a major problem. But he needs reps with these guys and more time at game speed. 

Edited by brownie man