The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You got a tldr on that?

If Im not wasting 3 hours watching this nonsense on Sundays im sure as hell not spending 40 min listening to someone sum it up either.

1. Mental midget

2. Scared 

3. Can't see the field

4.breaks down when anyone is close. 

On the sack fumble. 

Clean pocket Juedy wide open deep.

Easy read.Watson climbs the pocket into a defender. 

He is playing terrible and Jameis should be in.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 3

Watson is like when you play madden and you pick a play and you snap the ball and then you forget what the play was. 

So you turn it into a run. 

And you do that 75% of the time. 

And then you run a curl route because you know all you have to do is wait for a guy to turn around. 

• MWil23 changed the title to The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

pscottdai replied to NateDawg's topic in Cleveland Browns

I did not want the trade simply because I thought, and was right IMO, that would give up to much for it in terms of draft capital and money for someone who is likely to be suspended. Now that we made the trade, it is what it is. Just hope it all works out well in the long run but having been a Browns fan for so long, I am not holding my breath

---

pscottdai replied to brownie man's topic in Cleveland Browns

And for the record, I wanted to keep Baker, not trade for Watson.

---

I was just watching the NFL video of his career highlights and like 90% is just blown coverages. Only thing I liked from what I watched was his ability to see the blitz and avoid it. Other than that he did not look all that amazing to me, more just a competent QB. Better ? Yes, but color me skeptical about it being the most impactful move.

---

This has been my issue with the trade from the beginning. I just do not see the value in it as opposed to what else we could of had. 1 or 2 firsts and a more reasonable salary I could be on board with it. What we gave? not worth it IMO. Especially if he loses significant time due to the off field issues.

---

Pre-Baker: 2015: 3-13 2016: 1-15 2017: 0-16 Baker: 2018: 7-8-1 2019: 6-10 2020: 11-5, won play off game 2021: 8-9, Baker injured Just an interesting comparison I thought, especially since a top 8, franchise QB is supposed to elevate your team to do better no matter what the roster looks like (people are always saying on this board)... I will continue to believe we waaaaaay overpaid for Watson until I am proven wrong. Baker was adequate enough...

---

pscottdai replied to MWil23's topic in Cleveland Browns

I am not ruling out needing a QB either...Watson had as many good years as mediocre/bad and has not played in a looong time. unfortunately we sunk so much money and draft capital into him we are unlikely to move on him him even if he is bad.

---

pscottdai replied to MWil23's topic in Cleveland Browns

Sorry, I mis-wrote what I was thinking and changed it in the first post... He played mediocre 2 seasons of the 4 he played in. I will give him credit for the first since he came in part way through the season but the last he played meh as well and he quit on the team. Everyone keeps saying the QB elevates the team to do better but his record in Houston is 4-12, 11-5, 10-6, and 4-12 - that is .500 which equates to mediocre since everyone wants...

---

pscottdai replied to LETSGOBROWNIES's topic in Cleveland Browns

While I truly hope Watson lives up to everything we paid/traded/will pay for him, I am ok if he just plays solidly for us. There is enough talent around him that good, solid QB play should let us win and takes us to the post season. If he plays as utter trash though, we are screwed

ok, enough digging through my forum past...I told you so :)

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

Trading 3 firsts for a player is a risk. Watson wasn't a risk at all, he was a gamble. 

His legal history means he has compromised character. Qbs need good character. 

He had had multiple significant injuries. 

The Houston offense was a college offense. 

We wanted this guy to take us to the promised land.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he wasn’t doing that here.  Or Carolina. Or LA.  

iirc he’s even admitted he needed to change some things he was doing to get to where he’s at now. 

I love how we can have an amazing player on our roster and we cant even accept that he'd succeed here. Whats the point of being a fan real talent can't do anything. We are a retirement home for grifters to take advantage of our idiot owner.

• Like 1