The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yo I was thinking this

Here might be a reason the browns are staying with Deshaun

If we continue to play him and he continues to look terrible that might increase our chances that'll want to be released with a settlement on his contract. 

If he continues to look as bad as he does theres no way he's going to want to stay on the roster and in this city. And we do have the leverage that we could keep him on the roster. 

If he starts the season and say we go 3-14 

Theres no way he's going to want to go through stayin on this roster. I think that might be the only way to get out of his contract is to actually keep playing him. The season is already out of hand. The next best thing we can do is to get outta that contract. Best way to do that is to keep playing him to get him to have to want to leave early. 

idk if that's right but idk kinda makes sense as I think about it. We need to get him to want to get outta that deal. 

Maybe they agree to only pay one more year or maybe 60 million of the 90 something like that. 

I think we are the last gig this guy is ever going to get. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo I was thinking this

Here might be a reason the browns are staying with Deshaun

If we continue to play him and he continues to look terrible that might increase our chances that'll want to be released with a settlement on his contract. 

If he continues to look as bad as he does theres no way he's going to want to stay on the roster and in this city. And we do have the leverage that we could keep him on the roster. 

If he starts the season and say we go 3-14 

Theres no way he's going to want to go through stayin on this roster. I think that might be the only way to get out of his contract is to actually keep playing him. The season is already out of hand. The next best thing we can do is to get outta that contract. Best way to do that is to keep playing him to get him to have to want to leave early. 

idk if that's right but idk kinda makes sense as I think about it. We need to get him to want to get outta that deal. 

Maybe they agree to only pay one more year or maybe 60 million of the 90 something like that. 

I doubt the powers that be are playing the "lets suck so bad that he wants out so he will accept converting his guaranteed salary to non-guaranteed" card. If so, fire everyone now. 

It looks more like they hitched their horse to the Watson buggy (meaning it likely wasn't a Haslam demand to go get him) and they know if the buggy sinks the horse is going down with it. 

It seems likely Winston would give them the best chance to win now, yet they won't admit that, let alone act on it. 

It was a huge risky shot to get Watson with big drawbacks even if it worked. It hasn't worked so things will probably start getting ugly really soon if they can't turn it around. 

16 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Berry didn’t even offer him a contract before he hit free agency 😂 

This is insane.  I know the "rumor" is that they didnt want the crowd calling for Flacco after Watson struggled, but then you effectively are telling your fan base that your starting QB is a spineless diva who hates competition.  

We always have 2023 Flacco.....

• Like 1