The Final Roster Thread

MWil23

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The only worse whiffs I’ve ever seen from a Day 2 pick was the year we got 2 absolute duds in Veikune and Robo. 

I remember liking both players and liking that we drafted them 🙄

I was so excited to see Veikune play. I went to a preseason game with a buddy and was telling him to watch this cat play. I believe he started that game and I was planning on keying in on him until they took him out. The excitement was ramping up, I see him come in the game at right end…

Then the ball snaps, I gasp for air, watching him…plays over I turn to my buddy…and I exclaim “he looks REALLY slow!”  And surely didn’t speed up 😬

Unfortunately I fell for him being a bully DE based on his hunting wild boar with a knife story. I thought for sure he’d underdog it and be good.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

I actually liked the Ika pick at the time, but it's the right move to move on from him even if he was a relatively high draft pick. Can't afford to waste a roster spot on a dude just because of where he was drafted.

• Like 3

If they trade Winston and keep DTR then Berry needs to be slapped across the face. DTR is nothing more than a pre season star. We should have learned from last year that we need a big arm down field thrower like Flacco/winston. Not a scared thrower like dtr or pj Walker.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I actually liked the Ika pick at the time, but it's the right move to move on from him even if he was a relatively high draft pick. Can't afford to waste a roster spot on a dude just because of where he was drafted.

I’m all for giving draft picks time to develop, especially guys outside of the first or second round, as that’s sorta baked into the process, but the player has to show some continual improvement even if they’re not ready to play just yet.

Ika has just looked sloppy and fat since day 1 and honestly his physical appearance is the bright spot in comparison to what he’s shown when he’s actually played.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If they trade Winston and keep DTR then Berry needs to be slapped across the face. DTR is nothing more than a pre season star. We should have learned from last year that we need a big arm down field thrower like Flacco/winston. Not a scared thrower like dtr or pj Walker.

Almost positive they'd trade Huntley over Winston unless they got too good of an offer for Winston.

I'd rather have Huntley than DTR, but we'd likely be screwed either way if they're starting any games for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think Winston is gonna be traded.

I will say a lot of the local media folks have been talking all preseason about how much better DTR has looked, how he’s shown the best deep ball all camp, etc.  It’s not a wild thought to imagine he’s improved a good bit from year 1 to year 2, especially if the offense is built around Watson who has a similar skill set.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t get the DTR fascination whatsoever. If they trade Winston…LOLOL.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Almost positive they'd trade Huntley over Winston unless they got too good of an offer for Winston.

I'd rather have Huntley than DTR, but we'd likely be screwed either way if they're starting any games for us.

Berry was never going to keep Huntley over DTR. He will favor his draft picks almost every time over free agents. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Berry was never going to keep Huntley over DTR. He will favor his draft picks almost every time over free agents. 

I mean, if you draft a guy to be a developmental QB a sizable portion of that process is time to actually develop lol.

In contrast to Ika, reports are that DTR has actually looked better and improved from last year.

Huntley is fine, he’s been in the league 4 years and garnered no interest from anyone as a free agent outside of the vet min deal he got from us.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2024 at 3:24 PM, candyman93 said:

My guess:

QB- Watson, Winston, DTR

RB- Chubb, Ford, Foreman, Hines

WR- Cooper, Jeudy, Moore, Thrash, Tillman, Bell

TE- Njoku, idgaf

OT- Wills, Hudson, Ifedi

OG- Bitonio, Dunn

OC- Pocic, Harris

OG- Teller, Zinter

OT- Conklin, Jones

DE- Garrett, Okoronkwo

DT- Tomlinson, Jefferson, Hurst

DT- Harris, Hall Jr.

DE- Smith, Wright, Thomas

LB- JOK

LB- Hicks, Diabate

LB- Bush, Watson

CB- Ward, Newsome, Harden

SS- Delpit, Mceloud

FS- Thornhill, Hickman

CB- Emerson, Mitchell

P- Bojuorquez

K- Hopkins

LS- Hughlett

I love who you projected at Backup TE LOL 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm much Higher on DTR than most I see....I just have a thing for Mobile, QB's with Solid Arms, 5 year starters in college (who played in a pro style offense under Chip Kelly).....

I think we only trade Winston for a tangible asset....someone offers  3rd/4th (not going to happen).....Huntley and a 7th can be had for a 5th/6th IMO. 

Titans just cut Calab Farely......I liked him coming outta VT.....CB former converted WR...problem has always been injuries...

Andre Carter II out of Army....was an OLB at Army, probably should have been Bulked up and moved to a DE....liked the prospect a lot...

WR Michale Starchan....6'6 225lb kid from the Bahamas.....I heard talk about him from my cousins back a year or two ago...I like his potential....

Some guy's I would be interested in potentially for the Roster/Practice Squad...

(and Always had soft Spot for ILB Malik Jefferson from Texas 6'2 245lbs throwback type player....never knew why he didnt stick somewhere..

My assessment of cuts so far....

Edited by DaWg_LB.