Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

...but at least initially this year, this post-game speech reactions seem a lot more constrained that some of the others we've seen in the past.

we'll have to wait and see who emerges as the new Kirko Chainz....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Maybe it's just me, but all the guys that got the game-balls appeared to not be the most vocal of people...not that there's anything wrong with that (since that reminds me a lot of me), but at least initially this year, this post-game speech reactions seem a lot more constrained that some of the others we've seen in the past.

Maybe a part of it was that the game was practically won after the first drive of the 2nd half. Not as much adrenaline probably lol.

• Like 1

Minnesota 28-6 over New York Giants

Vikings - A

Sam Darnold isn't a future Hall of Famer, but he looked like one on Sunday. The Vikings QB carved up the Giants defense by completing his first 12 passes. Overall, Darnold ended up throwing 19 completions to eight different receivers. Darnold got some big offensive help from Aaron Jones, who steamrolled the Giants for 6.7 yards per carry. The Vikings defense dominated the Giants and the biggest play came from Andrew Van Ginkel, who had a pick six. Right now, it's hard to tell if the Vikings are this good or if the Giants are this bad (or maybe a little of both), but Minnesota looked like a team that's going to be competitive this year. 

Giants - F 

The Giants decided to stick with Daniel Jones for another season and that gamble definitely didn't pay off. The Giants QB threw two interceptions, including an ugly pick six in the third quarter that basically ended any chance the Giants had of making a comeback. Although Jones was bad, it's hard to put all the blame on him and that's mostly because he's playing behind a bad offense line that surrendered five sacks. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-1-grades-49ers-earn-a-for-blowout-win-over-jets-bengals-browns-both-receive-f-for-ugly-losses

• Like 2

KOC: “I actually got warned by the official after Gink’s touchdown. He came running over and I didn’t know what he was going to tell me. He said, ‘Hey just a heads up, most of your defensive staff was just in the end zone.’ So I got on the headset and said I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed. I told them file it under the category of ignore what I’m going to say because I was right alongside with them.”

FOX9.com

• Like 3

In watching highlights of the game from A22 angles, I'm really impressed with how easily AVG is able to disengage from blockers. He's a really good athlete, but that technique and skill are developed through hard work and repetition. I didn't know a ton about him until he came here, but the tape from Sunday is more impressive than the stat line and splash plays.

• Like 5

Edge rusher Jonathan Greenard said on KFAN that the Minnesota defense was actually feeling some sympathy for the beleaguered NYG quarterback.

Greenard: “We kind of started to feel a little bit bad for him as we’re still just completely just taking away everything he wants to do. Hey, it’s good to be on the other side of it, and it’s our job to not be on that side of it.”

The Vikings won’t have to worry about Jones for the rest of the season, but the Giants do and Week One made it impossible not to wonder how long they’ll keep throwing him on the field while expecting different results.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jonathan-greenard-says-vikings-felt-a-little-bit-bad-for-daniel-jones-in-week-1

• Like 2

Running back Saquon Barkley’s Eagles debut was a good one. Barkley scored the team’s first touchdown of the season on an 18-yard pass, and then ran for two more touchdowns later in a 34-29 win over the Packers in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Barkley finished the night with 24 carries for 109 yards and two catches for 23 yards.

The NFL announced on Wednesday that Barkley has been named the NFC offensive player of the week in recognition of that performance.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/saquon-barkley-is-the-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-week

way to go, NYG's....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Greenard: “We kind of started to feel a little bit bad for him as we’re still just completely just taking away everything he wants to do. Hey, it’s good to be on the other side of it, and it’s our job to not be on that side of it.”

Don't ever feel bad JG, keep the foot on the gas!

• Like 3