2024 Eagles regular season

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Milton Williams for better or worse is the backup nose.  Carter will play some nose also.

Love Milton but gonna be tough seeing him hold up against double teams. You’re probably right though cause Fangio supposedly (didn’t watch the presser) mentioned him when talking about NT.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Love Milton but gonna be tough seeing him hold up against double teams. You’re probably right though cause Fangio supposedly (didn’t watch the presser) mentioned him when talking about NT.

Vic has a lot of belief in Milt.  We shall see if that belief gets rewarded or not because Davis can't play every snap.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Vic has a lot of belief in Milt.  We shall see if that belief gets rewarded or not because Davis can't play every snap.

I mean does a Nose have to be a clog (340lbs) in a 3-4, player who gets dble teamed, or can a lighter DT/NT (295lbs)  not be a disruptive force in the middle as a NT? Still get the job done? 

I mean if being big or fat was the criteria, wouldn't Gabe Hall have made the roster?

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean does a Nose have to be a clog (340lbs) in a 3-4, player who gets dble teamed, or can a lighter DT/NT (295lbs)  not be a disruptive force in the middle as a NT? Still get the job done? 

I mean if being big or fat was the criteria, wouldn't Gabe Hall have made the roster?

It's more complicated than that.  Ideally you don't want a 295 LB nose.

14 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

It's more complicated than that.  Ideally you don't want a 295 LB nose.

I mean I get that but is it because that are clogging up the middle? Stopping the run?

Hypothetical. 

If Aaron Donald was playing in a 3-4, could he not be disruptive as a Nose with viable pass rushers beside him? Would he suck, be nowhere close to the HOF best DL in the league? Or would his talent translate?

Honestly curious?

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean I get that but is it because that are clothing up the middle? Stopping the run?

Hypothetical. 

If Aaron Donald was playing in a 3-4, could he not be disruptive as a Nose with viable pass rushers beside him? Would he suck, be nowhere close to the HOF best DL in the league? Or would his talent translate?

Honestly curious?

You can have guys play NT who are lighter, but you ideally want someone who can clog the middle and eat space. AD did line up at the nose at times, but that doesn't mean he was a backup NT. The real issue with no true backup NT is what happens if Davis gets hurt and what happens if his conditioning goes downhill again like late last season? That is definitely a bit worrisome.

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean I get that but is it because that are clothing up the middle? Stopping the run?

Hypothetical. 

Honestly curious?

Well ideally you wouldn't waste your time with Donald there because that would be a waste of talent.  Donald is a classic 3-tech tackle attacking in a 1 gap scheme.  It's a completely different skill set than lining up at 0, being responsible for 2 gaps, taking on a double team, and reading and reacting rather than attacking.  Donald as great as he is would not be a good fit at nose in the Eagles scheme.  It's a lot harder to move a 350 lb man out of that hole in the run game than a 295 LB man.

Jaquelin Roy got waived by the Vikings who selected him in the 5th round in 2023. The Eagles showed a good amount of interest in him last year as he was a top-30 visit. He would be a fit as a backup nose tackle. I wonder if he finds his way to at least the PS. 

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wait, you only need to be above 300 lemme go hit that buffet quick lmfao

12 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You can have guys play NT who are lighter, but you ideally want someone who can clog the middle and eat space. AD did line up at the nose at times, but that doesn't mean he was a backup NT. The real issue with no true backup NT is what happens if Davis gets hurt and what happens if his conditioning goes downhill again like late last season? That is definitely a bit worrisome.

And when Donald lined up at nose, it was in obvious passing situations where he could dominate interior lineman with his quickness.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

New uniform combo for week 1

I was wondering if we were going to wear black since "Our" color green is not permitted or frowned upon in that stadium because of their Soccer Rivals colors.

So , I'm assuming this is now counting as one of our Alternate Uniforms for the season?

Thanks NFL for the Home game abroad. 🖕

Edited by Nabbs4u