GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we can get back to having a dominant OL/running game I think that helps a ton.

Dallas has a top 3-5 defense.

23 pressures today is nuts.

Wataons play feed into the pressures. He holds the ball too long. 

He isn't throwing guys open, he throws to open guys. 

His best completion to Athens over the middle was still a half second late throwing after  not before the break. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I hope they are there. That would certainly help. This was a depressing start to the season

Yeah, even though Conklin has never played LT, I still felt wayyyy more comfortable with him there than Hudson. As soon as I heard that news I knew we were in deep trouble.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Why do that as a GM if it means losing your job for certain? That’s the issue.

Despite your hate for AB, I'm still very much convinced that trading for Watson was a 100% Haslem decision. At least the part to give him a fully guaranteed contract to convince him to come here.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Why do that as a GM if it means losing your job for certain? That’s the issue.

It was the easiest and most realistic way to get under the cap next season. Had nothing to do in their belief of Watson. He was going to be here either way.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

We got blown out in the 2020 opener. I'm confident in Stefanski. 

0 in Watson. He is plus Cody Kessler at this stage.

Hate on Watson all you want, but they're pretty much complete opposites lol. Watson's problems seem to be mental at this point and he has accuracy issues. Kessler was a smart QB with good accuracy, but lacked in everything else needed to succeed at QB.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, even though Conklin has never played LT, I still felt wayyyy more comfortable with him there than Hudson. As soon as I heard that news I knew we were in deep trouble.

Despite your hate for AB, I'm still very much convinced that trading for Watson was a 100% Haslem decision. At least the part to give him a fully guaranteed contract to convince him to come here.

Not much doubt on Haslam's heavy influence/demand for Watson. The man has no scrupples and very low football IQ. Unfortunately, he signs the checks. Believes he can buy anything. Berry, Stef and the whole gang have to grovel and make it happen. It's the profound nadir of my beloved Browns (Along with the Baltimore move}

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DawgX said:

yeah he’s simply not a tackle.

15 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Same. 

I absolutely believe Ab would kick the tires on Watson because, well, that’s his job.  I’d even concede he may have offered the picks and an extension.  

i refuse to believe he made an offer, got rebuffed, went back and offered a contract with little flexibility for like 4 years.  

the whole thing just reeks of a billionaire who’s pride was hurt after Watson said no initially.  

Of course Haslam may have insisted on all of it too, he’s done that before as well.

• Like 1