Week One 9/8/24 game thread: vs Tennessee

beardown3231

Just now, Sugashane said:

This may be the most undeserving comeback win for a QB all season. Lol

I doubt he can play any worse and we still win that's for sure hahaha...

Difficult first match up for him given how dominant the Titan's interior DL was...interior OL needs to improve massively before next week.

• Like 1

Positive note, despite Caleb playing way worse than we expected, he didn't have any turnovers and I don't recall any throws he made that should have been picked off, though I may be forgetting something.  He was at least safe with the ball even if he didn't complete a lot of passes.  Still bummed Keenan dropped that TD pass.

As much as the entire D played their part and had some really good individual plays...massive props to Darrell Taylor...late getting to the team and finished the game with 8 total tackles (7 solo)...2 sacks....2 more QB hits (including one that stopped a TD) & countless pressures...great debut.

• Like 3

So GRATEFUL for this W, keeps us on schedule for Playoffs  !

Welcome to Chicago Darrell Taylor !

Caleb missed on a couple of big throws and took that awful -19yd Sack to give them momentum, Keenan let a nice TD ball from Caleb go through his hands. Caleb did enough.

The Hardy punt block and Biles scoop &score saved our a$$, gave us a chance and stole momentum. 

TEN front 4 killed us aLL game, hopefully this is indicative of the talent there for Tenn and not how bad our iOL is. No doubt Poles will go OL heavy in next couple of drafts, but we have enough now to stay competitive, we can't waste a year (even rookie year) of Calebs rookie contract window.

DONE with Velus, such a shame that we didn't take the pick for him, whatever it was. He will most likely stick around for gunner duties and RB depth, but KR days are over, his days here are numbered. He is a F-up and cannot be trusted. I'm sure we all held our breath after he caught that screen throw on the last possession. Too much of a liability. 

Backers played great ! TJ had 43 tackles and the tackle from Edmunds to save that late 1st down was sensational!

We were thoroughly outplayed in the trenches. Losing Radunz hurt them ALOT!

Very fortunate to get a W and stay on schedule after 2nd straight opening day flat start under Flus 🙄

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Good win guys. 

I have serious questions about how good Williams will be, but today he didn't need to be great and you guys still got the W. Not bad not bad!

The question I'll have now will be his height. He must've had 4 passes tipped

• Like 2