49er rookie WR Ricky Pearsall shot

Forge

24 minutes ago, Soko said:

The gods really just said “no” to Pearsall getting on the field 

Hope he’s alright.

I wanted to  like this post for me agreement to the first part, but it also felt icky. I owe you one like

3 minutes ago, typecast said:

Upper-right chest below his shoulder. I wonder if they'll just IR him and have him do the shoulder surgery to address his subluxation.

Honestly, there was a high likelihood that he wasn't going to be active most games, so I wouldn't be surprised. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wanted to  like this post for me agreement to the first part, but it also felt icky. I owe you one like

Suppose this gives his hamstring/shoulder extra time to heal

better?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Sounds like there's are still some conflicting reports

Arm is much less deadly, still deadly but he'll live. Suspect shot through the chest with presumably his own gun....? He's getting cut clearly not cut out to be a criminal. You never load a gun you rob someone with that's rule 101 of criminal defense so if you ever lose it 1. It can't be used on you 2. If you get caught you can point out to the judge there was no actual harm factor in this situation. 

Robbery suspect should clearly go undrafted since he lacks the fundamentals of how to be a criminal. 

Glad Pearsall will be okay.

Damn, I was less than a mile away in North Beach. Heard some sirens but was already home by the time I  heard any news. Absolutely terrible and I’m glad he’s stable above any football implications. 

Report I read was he and assailant wounded, police have a guy in custody. Pretty wild if reports are true, broad daylight sticking someone for their watch. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Arm is much less deadly, still deadly but he'll live. Suspect shot through the chest with presumably his own gun....? He's getting cut clearly not cut out to be a criminal. You never load a gun you rob someone with that's rule 101 of criminal defense so if you ever lose it 1. It can't be used on you 2. If you get caught you can point out to the judge there was no actual harm factor in this situation. 

Point it out during the sentencing hearing after you get convicted of armed robbery, lol. The gun not being loaded isn’t a defense.

26 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Damn, I was less than a mile away in North Beach. Heard some sirens but was already home by the time I  heard any news. Absolutely terrible and I’m glad he’s stable above any football implications. 

Report I read was he and assailant wounded, police have a guy in custody. Pretty wild if reports are true, broad daylight sticking someone for their watch. 

It is surreal when you are that close to an incident like that.  It was for me when I was at a close restaurant when a Commanders player was shot two years ago.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xmad said:

You never load a gun you rob someone with that's rule 101 of criminal defense so if you ever lose it 1. It can't be used on you 2. If you get caught you can point out to the judge there was no actual harm factor in this situation. 

You're a little *too* prepared for this...

...ok, here's my wallet.

• Like 1