2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I thought Davis played well. I also thought the pass rush was fine. Love was shuffling around back there a good bit. I think the film and breakdowns will tell the story on that stuff.

Felt like the only time they got pressure was when they brought extra rushers. I will say Baun looked like a stud. Dean had some good moments and Mitchell looked very promising. 

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Also, I've stood up for Hurts all offseason and had full confidence in him bouncing back from a minor slump. But his decision making tonight has me seriously worried. 

There were good decisions and bad decisions by Hurts. I saw some things I like and the turnovers were just pitiful though, weren't even good plays by the defenders at all like Blanks was.

Bottom line is that it doesn’t matter how good Jalen plays. If he’s turning it over at the same rate as last year and this year he won’t be long for the team. You can’t win consistently turning the ball over. 

18 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Was it that ugly?

The team was about as prepared as a team could be without any preseason.

There was one egregious error on the field and one in coaching.

They survived it.

New players, Baun, Dean, Barkley and Mitchell played well.

There is a lot of hope here.

Haven't watched the game yet but it's to be expected.  Thank god we won or the Fans and Media would be as unbearable as a Dallas loss for the next 10 days. 🙏🙏

From the highlights it looks like there were some splash plays, some dumb *** mistakes (Hurts),  and some actual stops on defense? Despite getting gashed on the ground and numerous missed tackles.

First game action for most of Starters. Eagles could of came out flat and put up 10pts. Let's be glad Hurts threw 2TD, Saquon is a GD Monster and take the Win.

In 3 hrs I'll watch the replay on the NFLN to see just how good/bad the game was. 

31 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

The defense was humming? I'd hate to see what a bad game looks like then. People wide open all game. 

I mean if not for Jalen’s poor play the eagles would’ve beaten one of the hot Super Bowl picks by double digits.

the defense did their job despite the eagles turning the ball over twice in their own territory

pass rush wasn’t great but I saw Nolan smith got back there and slipped 8 times

also the designs were great on the coverages and blitzes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I mean if not for Jalen’s poor play the eagles would’ve beaten one of the hot Super Bowl picks by double digits.

the defense did their job despite the eagles turning the ball over twice in their own territory

pass rush wasn’t great but I saw Nolan smith got back there and slipped 8 times

also the designs were great on the coverages and blitzes

Oddly enough Nolan Smith looked like he had the most juice of all the edge guys.  Most of the interior guys flashed at least.. the run defense was good tih Davis in, Carter was unblockable 1v1, Milt and Ojomo both were getting penetration but couldn't finish.  Positives outweighed the negatives on defense.  Tackling was the biggest takeaway for me on that side.  The weren't sharp and some guys(CJGJ) looked like they had no interest in making a tackle.

• Like 1

Take aways.

Field conditions clearly effected both teams the first 1/2. Reminded me of the SB.

Thank god the defense limited the Packers on the short field TO's. Had both ended in TD's, like last years defense. Game could of went sideways quick. 

Both INT by Hurts were inexcusable. Especially the 2nd one in the RZ. That simply can't happen. AJ slipping didnt help matters. Whether its Rust or Hero ball I don't care, that can't continue!!!

Both Fumbles were on Jurgens, not Jalen. Cam snapped the ball too early on the first one and 2nd one was shot out of a cannon because Cam IMO was trying to get low and create leverage on that Brotherly Shove. Something we clearly struggled with tonight on more then one occasion. 

Both TD passes were perfectly dropped dimes. Great RAC by AJ. 

Nakobe should of had a pick 6.

Baun was all over the field. A Eagles LB with 2 sacks? Numerous TFL's, QB hits, 16 tackles, he legit reeked Havoc!! Maybe Vic knew what he was doing?

DL was creating pressure most of the game. Love was clearly bothered by it. Not sure if it was the Packers OL or just our DL?

CGJ looked rusty. Missed tackles, missed assignments. Made a few plays but Rusty.

Quinyon better live up to the hype because like practice, he never shut up all game long! I love it, love the competivenes, love the fire and he had a good game but you better back it up every game if you're going to talk 24/7.

I hope it was just first game, vs a difficult Packers offense,  with all of those weapons/Love but getting Gashed like we did on the ground , better get corrected moving forward.  Wide open holes, missed tackles, blown assignments.  Not good!

Saquon is a GD Monster! If 🙏🙏 he can stay healthy which let's be real has been a struggle.  He clearly can have a CMC type impact for this team.

Any Win is a Good Win. Better then a Loss.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Take aways.

Field conditions clearly effected both teams the first 1/2. Reminded me of the SB.

Thank god the defense limited the Packers on the short field TO's. Had both ended in TD's, like last years defense. Game could of went sideways quick. 

Both INT by Hurts were inexcusable. Especially the 2nd one in the RZ. That simply can't happen. AJ slipping didnt help matters. Whether its Rust or Hero ball I don't care, that can't continue!!!

Both Fumbles were on Jurgens, not Jalen. Cam snapped the ball too early on the first one and 2nd one was shot out of a cannon because Cam IMO was trying to get low and create leverage on that Brotherly Shove. Something we clearly struggled with tonight on more then one occasion. 

Both TD passes were perfectly dropped dimes. Great RAC by AJ. 

Nakobe should of had a pick 6.

Baun was all over the field. A Eagles LB with 2 sacks? Numerous TFL's, QB hits, 16 tackles, he legit reeked Havoc!! Maybe Vic knew what he was doing?

DL was creating pressure most of the game. Love was clearly bothered by it. Not sure if it was the Packers OL or just our DL?

CGJ looked rusty. Missed tackles, missed assignments. Made a few plays but Rusty.

Quinyon better live up to the hype because like practice, he never shut up all game long! I love it, love the competivenes, love the fire and he had a good game but you better back it up every game if you're going to talk 24/7.

I hope it was just first game, vs a difficult Packers offense,  with all of those weapons/Love but getting Gashed like we did on the ground , better get corrected moving forward.  Wide open holes, missed tackles, blown assignments.  Not good!

Saquon is a GD Monster! If 🙏🙏 he can stay healthy which let's be real has been a struggle.  He clearly can have a CMC type impact for this team.

Any Win is a Good Win. Better then a Loss.

Bro, in no situation where the snap hits the QB in the hands especially from under center is it on the center.  Just stop 😂 Jalen's 1st job is to secure the snap.  The 1st one may have been Jalen as well.  Everyone popped out of their stance on the snap indicating that they knew the snap count and Jalen didn't.  2nd is 💯 on Jalen.