2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

Cam Ward! That is all.

Assuming Levis doesn’t suck, our top needs will likely be OT, WR, and Edge. Boyd and Hopkins have 1 year left on their contracts. Is NPF the guy? If not, we need another OT bad. Edge is easily the biggest need right. Key is average. Landry is a pretty good player but we need another one.

Looking like a damn good WR draft again with Burden and McMillan leading the way.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

23 minutes ago, 615finest said:

McMillan has had my interest since last year.. idk if he’s actually 6’5 but he moves good for a man his size.

I hope we won’t be picking high enough to get him but I love Travis Hunter

I've barely watched him. Is he a better WR or CB prospect? Whichever, I say continue to play him both ways. Not full time, but start him on one side (whichever he's better at) and save a roster spot and have him as 4th on the other side.

I've been lowkey keeping an eye out for EDGE players for the past who-knows-how-many seasons thinking it'll finally come around full circle and we get to invest a first round pick into someone I can get excited about, only for the year to end and we'll have one or two other more 'pressing' needs, knowing my search and hopes will once again amount to nothing.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I've barely watched him. Is he a better WR or CB prospect? Whichever, I say continue to play him both ways. Not full time, but start him on one side (whichever he's better at) and save a roster spot and have him as 4th on the other side.

I think he’ll be an all pro at whatever one he focuses on.. his ball skills are unmatched in my opinion. I also think his ball skills is what will make him a great CB as well. I do think his potential at WR surpasses his potential at CB. He such a threat with the ball in his hands I don’t think you can keep away from WR even if he is drafted as a CB

21 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

College football has sucked me in deeper than ever these last 3 years due to prospect watching and the playoff format expanding. Never went to college and never had a team, ima keep it Tennessee and root for the Vols. I like this squad they have.

I think you should come across that state line and join bulldog nation lol.. Georgia is the way 😂

On 9/2/2024 at 1:51 PM, Daniel said:

I’m keeping my focus on Edges and right tackles for the season.

Excited to see Pearce vs Belton this weekend.

So to follow up on this, the Vols defense, obviously, absolutely destroyed NC State.  Pearce didn't really jump off the tape, but I think that's gonna be the case a lot this season, because the Vols Edge group suddenly looks insanely deep (team finished with 13 TFLs between 16 players), and Pearce isn't on the field all the time.  Still, from when he was on, he looked more versatile than last year.  They dropped him back into coverage way, way more than I would have expected.  I'm sure we'll all see plenty of him as the season goes on.

Omari Thomas and Omarr Norman-Lott are two other Vols DLs I would keep an eye on.  I'm not sure if either one cracks the early rounds, and the Titans may need more depth DLs again, since Coburn and SJD are both UDFAs next year.

As for Belton, it was a very disappointing game for him.  He struggled a LOT with Tennessee's interior DLs when they were lined up outside.  Got walked back a ton, and beaten on a few stunts.  I don't know if he looked any better than in 2023.  That said, he also had some good reps against Pearce and other Vol Edges, and he still moves well in space.  Work with his hands still needs improving, but I'll be watching more of him, since we definitely still need OLs.

I've soured on Shedur Sanders. I'm not a fan of his arm and something doesn't feel right with me about him. Also his daddy won't let him come here. lol

I don't like any of the other QBs enough to draft at the top of the draft. I'd punt on this year's QB class. Wait for Nico and Arch after their junior year if they come out. 

Which means we will likely force a QB pick and have Jaxon Dart as the QB to argue over for the next 3 years. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I've soured on Shedur Sanders. I'm not a fan of his arm and something doesn't feel right with me about him. Also his daddy won't let him come here. lol

I don't like any of the other QBs enough to draft at the top of the draft. I'd punt on this year's QB class. Wait for Nico and Arch after their junior year if they come out. 

Which means we will likely force a QB pick and have Jaxon Dart as the QB to argue over for the next 3 years. 

A sneaky one, but a kid that has looked really sharp to me through two games is Miller Moss from USC. His knocks coming out will obviously be only one year of starting experience and he'll be an older prospect coming into the league at I think 23, but if he continues to play like he has been he's going to rise up boards quite a bit. He's one of the few kids in today's college football that actually stuck it out at the college he committed to and waited for his opportunity when he had every reason to transfer. So, I kinda see the lack of starting experience as a potential positive to his character. He didn't bolt when things got hard, stuck it out, and now through two weeks he's been one of the best QBs in college football. If he continues on his current trajectory he could be in the conversation as one of the top QBs in this class by draft time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

A sneaky one, but a kid that has looked really sharp to me through two games is Miller Moss from USC. His knocks coming out will obviously be only one year of starting experience and he'll be an older prospect coming into the league at I think 23, but if he continues to play like he has been he's going to rise up boards quite a bit. He's one of the few kids in today's college football that actually stuck it out at the college he committed to and waited for his opportunity when he had every reason to transfer. So, I kinda see the lack of starting experience as a potential positive to his character. He didn't bolt when things got hard, stuck it out, and now through two weeks he's been one of the best QBs in college football. If he continues on his current trajectory he could be in the conversation as one of the top QBs in this class by draft time.

I'd love to draft a QB that I have a strong conviction on, if we go that route. 
I'll have to look at Moss. I don't know anything beside a few clips from last year's bowl game. 

What I don't want is to settle for a QB in a draft, just because. I want it to be without a doubt the dude.