2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

39 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Arch Manning looked great. Has some swag to him too. 

No pressure on him majority of his throws. 

But he made some big boy throws. And he can move. 

If he continues to grow and improve. I'm selling the farm to get him. 

It’s in his blood 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Arch Manning looked great. Has some swag to him too. 

No pressure on him majority of his throws. 

But he made some big boy throws. And he can move. 

If he continues to grow and improve. I'm selling the farm to get him. 

No one will be able to afford Arch, if he stays good. Whoever has the first overall pick will refuse all offers.

Frankly though, I will be surprised if he’s not a 2027 prospect.

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

Well we're like 5 weeks in, so I wouldn't expect there to be very many consensus first rounders.

It's a great Edge and IDL class, and I think a solid WR class.  A better ILB class than last year, at least, but not particularly strong.  But OT is looking weak, and so is QB.  Still got a ways to go to even know where we're drafting.  Haven't really looked much into DB and TE.

I count 2 IDLs (Graham and Walker), 1 Edge (Pearce), 1 ILB (Lawson), 1 OT (Banks), 1 QB (Milroe), 1 RB (Jeanty), and 2 WRs (Burden and Hunter) that look like surefire first rounders to me right now, and I'd call three of them (Graham, Jeanty, and Burden) blue chips.  And there are like 10 other guys I think are likely to be surefire first rounders when I actually am able to scout them.

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

something about hunter playing both ways makes me nervous. adoree jackson PTSD lmao. i know there's no comparison whatsoever to be made between their level of production/talent, but i can't shake that feeling. completely vibes-based, though

I do feel like that elevates Hunter's floor kinda, though.  Like, if he's not an elite receiver, try him at DB.  If you need both, he's a good fit.

Hunter is going to be such an interesting evaluation come spring. I'd be shocked if he ever plays a full season if he ends up playing both ways in the league full time. It's completely uncharted territory, but with the physicality of the league I just don't see that working out long term just from a health perspective. I think if you're the team drafting him you pick a spot for him one way or the other and then let him sporadically play the other position. Playing both CB and WR full time in the league just seems completely unrealistic to me.

Everyone keeps saying they are down on this years QB class.

Posing this question cause I recently somewhat honed in on prospects but never been a huge draft nerd.

How often are censuses about qbs wrong when it comes to draft classes, in particular being down and there is a guy who comes out? The one off the top of my head I can think of is 2017 and Mahomes.

Like everything, predictions with prospects can so often be wrong. We just gotta find a guy. I think whether we like it or not there is a real possibility we could be taking a qb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Posing this question cause I recently somewhat honed in on prospects but never been a huge draft nerd.

How often are censuses about qbs wrong when it comes to draft classes, in particular being down and there is a guy who comes out? The one off the top of my head I can think of is 2017 and Mahomes.

Like everything, predictions with prospects can so often be wrong. We just gotta find a guy. I think whether we like it or not there is a real possibility we could be taking a qb.

They are wrong a lot, depending on what you are using as a source.
Draft Community is wrong a WHOLE lot.
Recently: Willis was going to be at worst an 1st round pick.
Bryce Young was the safest pick of his draft.
Tank for Tua-Tua was the best QB to get.

Going back to 2008, you are looking at about an one consistent starting level QB per draft. 

2008: Matt Ryan, Flacco
2009: Stafford
2010: Sam Bradford (maybe)
2011: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Kap (maybe)
2012: Luck, Tannehill, Wilson, Cousin, Foles, Griffin (Excellent year)
2013: Geno Smith (much later)
2014: Derek Carr
2015: None (Winston/Mariota)
2016: Goff, Dak
2017: Mahomes, Watson
2018: Bake, Allen, Jackson
2019: Murray
2020: Burrow, Tua, Love, Hurts, Herbert (Great year)
2021:  Lawrence
2022: Purdy
2023: Stroud
2024: Daniels and TBD for everyone else.

I'd say since 2008, you got about 2 great drafts. 

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

They are wrong a lot, depending on what you are using as a source.
Draft Community is wrong a WHOLE lot.
Recently: Willis was going to be at worst an 1st round pick.
Bryce Young was the safest pick of his draft.
Tank for Tua-Tua was the best QB to get.

Going back to 2008, you are looking at about an one consistent starting level QB per draft. 

2008: Matt Ryan, Flacco
2009: Stafford
2010: Sam Bradford (maybe)
2011: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Kap (maybe)
2012: Luck, Tannehill, Wilson, Cousin, Foles, Griffin (Excellent year)
2013: Geno Smith (much later)
2014: Derek Carr
2015: None (Winston/Mariota)
2016: Goff, Dak
2017: Mahomes, Watson
2018: Bake, Allen, Jackson
2019: Murray
2020: Burrow, Tua, Love, Hurts, Herbert (Great year)
2021:  Lawrence
2022: Purdy
2023: Stroud
2024: Daniels and TBD for everyone else.

I'd say since 2008, you got about 2 great drafts. 

My read on this is shut out the draft noise, evaluate on your own as an organization, and if there's someone in there who you see getting you to the playoffs in a couple years, you just pull the trigger.

Wasn't Mahomes picked like 10th or something? And the Chiefs moved up to get him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

The consensus on Mahomes definitely wasn't down. He wasn't the consensus QB1 out of that class, that's for sure, mostly because he was ahead of the time as a prospect and was coming out of the air raid system at Texas Tech and people were having second thoughts about that, but his stock was high.