GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Chargers

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kliff saw what was up and decided to get the hell out, they knew they weren't going to be able to trade up very early in the process and still didn't address QB. AP has hyped up Getsy, AOC, and Minshew.

It was over a contractional dispute. I know you love to be the wet blanket of the forum, but at least get your facts straight playboy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was over a contractional dispute. I know you love to be the wet blanket of the forum, but at least get your facts straight playboy. 

So they started hiring his staffers before they settled his contract and then he took another job 2 days later, right...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This lol

Kingsbury got the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible and they knew they had zero chance of landing Daniels.

Lets not move the goalposts now bud, you said AP was that dude, now it is time to deliver

Edited by NYRaider

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kingsbury got the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible and they knew they had zero chance of landing Daniels.

Lets not move the goalposts now bud, you said AP was that dude, now it is time to deliver

Don't be daft. You think he thought they had a shot at the #2 overall pick so he agreed to the job and then was like, oh wait... they don't and bailed?

Do you even believe the stuff you say or is it all simply for shock value?

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Don't be daft. You think he thought they had a shot at the #2 overall pick so he agreed to the job and then was like, oh wait... they don't and bailed?

Do you even believe the stuff you say or is it all simply for shock value?

I think Washington called, told him he'd have a huge influence on the QB they took at #2, and he decided to get the hell out of dodge. I mean he literally took the Commanders job as soon as he backed out. And the fact that we were already hiring his staff to me means that it wasn't really a contract dispute, he just saw greener pastures and decides to jump ship.

Need the D to win this. 
Herberts ability to buy time may be hindered a bit, yes yes, you need to beat teams at their best... but we are the raiders, we just need wins lol. 

I expect growing pains on O, but I think we should be able to move the ball decent. Can we capitalize if / when we get into the redzone? 

Really hoping to see some creativity with Mayer and Bowers. 

Assuming Maxx draws double team most times, is Wilkins left solo? do they use 4 to stop those two or just scheme rb, te chips and what not.  
Would love to see Koonce come out strong. 1 v 1 all game likely. Come on. 

20-17 Raiders. I think we will all feel like we left a lot of points on the board, but D is able to keep us in it. 
Minshew can get it done if D keeps us in it. 

20-14 Chargers. 

I think they'll just have a little bit better luck moving into scoring position than we will. They won't dominate us, but I'm guessing they get into comfortable FG range 1 or 2 more times than we will just by virtue of having a much better QB option. 

A worthy QB and OC, my guess would be 35-17 Raiders. I don't think we'll score or hold the ball long enough for that sort of outcome though. I think we're the better overall team, but the QB and OC handicap really stunts us. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought you was switching to the rams to support your boy jimmy g?

• Like 1