GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Chargers

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It was over a contractional dispute. I know you love to be the wet blanket of the forum, but at least get your facts straight playboy. 

I know it was, but still. Horrible look overall. We had an offensive staff ready to rock and then...nada. 

Maybe Kliff and Co. would've done some extra negotiating if they had faith in our main staff. I think it all reeks of dysfunction either way: have Kliff, lose Kilff, have Foster, lose Foster. Scramble for Getsy. Be in on a QB. Not appear to be particularly serious about QB. I've said prior I don't know if that's more AP or Telesco, but it's an awful lot for one season (especially one now without a lot of optimism on offense) for anything to be chalked up with too much simplicity. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I know it was, but still. Horrible look overall. We had an offensive staff ready to rock and then...nada. 

Maybe Kliff and Co. would've done some extra negotiating if they had faith in our main staff. I think it all reeks of dysfunction either way: have Kliff, lose Kilff, have Foster, lose Foster. Scramble for Getsy. Be in on a QB. Not appear to be particularly serious about QB. I've said prior I don't know if that's more AP or Telesco, but it's an awful lot for one season (especially one now without a lot of optimism on offense) for anything to be chalked up with too much simplicity. 

Foster got a HC job at UCLA, so that's hardly dysfunctional. 

They've made the bed so to speak. I had no faith in AP building a dynamic offensive staff going in, which is why I advocated not hiring him.

It's a bit crazy how quickly the allure of AP faded this offseason. Expectations are as low as I can remember with the fan base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man....

I swear, if those 2 make magic together, it's going to sting, considering they were clearly our choice of QB and OC. 

They weren’t willing to give up the farm so clearly they didn’t really value Stroud last year or Daniels this year.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Foster got a HC job at UCLA, so that's hardly dysfunctional. 

They've made the bed so to speak. I had no faith in AP building a dynamic offensive staff going in, which is why I advocated not hiring him.

It's a bit crazy how quickly the allure of AP faded this offseason. Expectations are as low as I can remember with the fan base.

Agreed everyone was acting like AP was the new Madden last year. Now there’s a lot of goal post moving 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed everyone was acting like AP was the new Madden last year. Now there’s a lot of goal post moving 

I just re-read the first 15 pages of the AP hired thread earlier this afternoon and literally not one person even said anything close to those things. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I just re-read the first 15 pages of the AP hired thread earlier this afternoon and literally not one person even said anything close to those things. 

The AP glazing on here was crazy and now everyone's walking it back.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’m a true raiders fan bud I hope you follow AP but I don’t think HS ball that interesting 

I’m a hs coach lol I love hs football one of my older players moved up from d3 to d1 this year watched him play on Thursday.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They weren’t willing to give up the farm so clearly they didn’t really value Stroud last year or Daniels this year.

Or Washington told teams they are not trading the #2 pick because they've been desperate to find a QB for years. There was never a possibility of trading up to #2. Why do you keep lying to yourself about this subject?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Or Washington told teams they are not trading the #2 pick because they've been desperate to find a QB for years. There was never a possibility of trading up to #2. Why do you keep lying to yourself about this subject?

How long do you think it took AP and Telesco to figure that out bud?