Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

i know it's a long season but what are we even supposed to expect from levis as far as improvement goes? he did everything poorly. his pocket presence was bad. his accuracy was bad. he committed backbreaking turnovers. this was his worst game as a titan by far. he had one nice strike to ridley on third and long and the rest of it was quick game and disasters. we didn't run enough play action but that doesn't really matter if levis can't execute anything else. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'll let you all have the takes. 

Didn't take advantage of opportunities given to us by the Bears offense. 

2 turnovers that was into TDs. 

Conservative play calling in 2nd half. 

Bad play from offensive line. 

Bad play Levis. 

Like every QB that doesn't have the full support of a fan base he will get majority of the blame. But I think it was combination of conservative play calls, inconsistency from Levis and inconsistent line play. 

The interception is what will stick out. Rightly so. 

But it wasn't all on him. 

Offense and special teams just imploded in the 2nd half. 

You give up 24 points unanswered. 

It was all on Levis, yes the play calling hot conservative but that’s because Levis not taking what the defense gives him holding on the ball too long, killing drives terrible pocket awareness, & he stares his WR’s down from snap to finish this was indeed his worst game as a pro in my opinion because the OL was good enough for us to win. That int & some of those sacks could’ve been avoided

• Like 1

Probably won’t watch this by downloaded condensed game in NFL+.  Not worth the head ache and don’t need to see the blocked punt the strip sack for a TD and the pick six.   
only real positive titan play probably the pillowed TD and the TE catch so….

The offense was predictably a bit of a mess. It is going to take some time to figure out who we are and for Cally to figure out who he is as a play caller. The early lead made him totally shut it down...and hopefully he learns from that and gets a little more of a killer instinct. 

One possible reason for the play calling is Cally may have known all along Levis isn't ready to wheel and deal...or he may have already realized he just isn't it. 

Games like today is why I don't get in my feels when the national media doesn't respect us...most of the hate revolves around Levis and today it was certainly justified. 

On to next week, better days ahead!!

I think if anyone is ready to throw Levis away after this game. You were just chomping at the bit for him to give you a reason to do so. 

He didn't do himself any favors. 

If anyone does any box score scouting they will not see the throw away at busted plays and the play calls that were designed for quick catches. 

Would have liked to see it opened up a little more. If Levis is gonna fail let him fail. 

Let's not be conservative and then every mistake or miss is magnified.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

Never thought I’d say this this time last year but man the o line suffered massively when Radunz got injured. 

Mann they were overloading 1 side blitzing Levi’s just don’t get rid of the ball taking what the Defense gives him, the OL can’t block everybody 

bottom line is this- anthony richardson at least showed flashes today. stroud is stroud. the jaguars looked middling again but middling is an order of magnitude better than what levis was. if today wasn't an aberration, we are going to be a doormat this year no matter how good the rest of the team is. 

Just now, titans0021 said:

I also just think that if this is the offense we want to run, it’s not a fit for Levis anyways. Everything quick and around the LOS takes away most of the positives he showed last year.

Was saying this exact thing to my buddy during the game. Makes me wonder even more about Callahan not being the guy if we can see it and he can't.