The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I disagree with this. I don't think anyone in the building or the FO "want to lose".

I really don’t agree that they want to lose. I think they know they probably won’t going to be very good but I don’t think their intentions were to suck. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Well when your first and second choices won't even interview with you that kind of happens. 

So sounds like the first choice was Dan Quinn... If something you really want is unobtainable, is that "your first choice"? I would have preferred Mike McDonald, but I understood when they hired Quinn. They then went through the process to try and put a decent roster together to compete in the NFL. They changed over the roster more than any other team this off-season. Its not going to be a finished product in week 1, but to say they are trying to lose, is just wrong, IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

I really don’t agree that they want to lose. I think they know they probably won’t going to be very good but I don’t think their intentions were to suck. 

Dude. Imagine going into work and telling your boss. "Hey, I only plan on doing 20% of my work today. I hope that's okay!" and still keeping your job. Like, no. You always give 100%. There is no chance Peters and company would be employed if this was the case. Maybe there were beliefs that the team would struggle. That's completely fair. But nobody ever goes into the season saying "Let's go 4-13! Woooo!"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

And I guarantee there will be changes for the players that aren't performing. Dan Quinn has been good about that and Joe Whitt seems to be cut from the same cloth. Expect to see players get benched for poor play without hesitation.