What do you think of my top 20 QBs ranked.

mdonnelly21

1. Mahomes 99

2. Josh Allen 96

3. Lamar Jackson 95

4. Joe Burrow 94 (we will see with his injuries, he's hard to rank/rate given his injuries) 

5. A Rod 93 (estimating this about how good he will be this year. A little worse than Joe Burrow on overall performance / impact) 

6. CJ Stroud 91

7. Jordan Love 90

8. Dak 89 

9. Matthew Stafford 89

10. Justin Herbert 89

11. Jalen Hurts 88

12. Jared Goff 88

13. Brock Purdy 87

14. Kirk Cousins 87

15. Tua 87

16. Baker 86 

17. Trevor Lawrence 86

18. Geno 85

19. Kyler 83

20. David Carr 81

Edited by mdonnelly21
  • Like 1

Stafford right now shouldnt be lower than Love and Dak. You are telling me right now they are better than Stafford and I strongly say no. Maybe Love potentially could be better but 8 or so games of great play doesnt qualify especially when you factor in Stafford had a strong overall season and took his team from 3-6 to finishing 7-1 losing in OT to the Ravens then losing in the playoffs by 1 to the Lions. Both teams were in the conference championship game. And Stafford has a long body of work as well as a top tier QB in terms of production and talent. 

The uncertainty of ARod coming of a serious injury and being 40 I wouldnt say he is better than Stafford right now. The last time we saw a healthy ARod he was losing at home to the Lions in a win or go home scenario in Week 18 and he didnt look good at all. Then the next season he goes to the Jets and get hurt on the 4th play of the season. So its not a lock to assume since he is back he will be the ARod that we are used to seeing over the span of his career. So Ill just say lets see how he looks this season? If he looks like the ARod of old then yeah he is above Stafford and a top 5 QB. If not then he is below Stafford and is outside of the top 10. Right now he is just going off of reputation rather than the last two seasons and the unknown of how a 40yr old will look coming off a very serious injury. 

4 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I also think that injury aside, Rodgers' play was already falling off his last couple of years in GB. I'd put him somewhere in the 15 range

I think he's going to be an absolute checkdown machine. We'll see if I'm wrong, but I think Conklin and Hall are going to get some work in this year. 

On 9/5/2024 at 1:15 AM, mdonnelly21 said:

1. Mahomes 99

2. Josh Allen 96

3. Lamar Jackson 95

4. Joe Burrow 94 (we will see with his injuries, he's hard to rank/rate given his injuries) 

5. A Rod 93 (estimating this about how good he will be this year. A little worse than Joe Burrow on overall performance / impact) 

6. CJ Stroud 91

7. Jordan Love 90

8. Dak 89 

9. Matthew Stafford 89

10. Justin Herbert 89

11. Jalen Hurts 88

12. Jared Goff 88

13. Brock Purdy 87

14. Kirk Cousins 87

15. Tua 87

16. Baker 86 

17. Trevor Lawrence 86

18. Geno 85

19. Kyler 83

20. David Carr 81

Mostly correct, for me.

I can't put Lamar 3rd, and he's possibly proven why tonight. Can't be missing those plays in the end zone to tie a game late. He is still top 5, don't get me wrong. But not the third best. I'd have Joe 3rd.

A-Rod probably too high

Tua too low

I have Herbert fringe top 5

But that's it really. Good otherwise, IMO.

21 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I also think that injury aside, Rodgers' play was already falling off his last couple of years in GB. I'd put him somewhere in the 15 range

What? His last three seasons in Green Bay he threw 111 TD to 21 interceptions. If that's falling off then how they hell does my team find a QB that has fallen off like that? He won league MVP In 21' and only played one more season in Green Bay after that lol. This is a wild take. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2024 at 10:26 AM, Raves said:

At least for this season, I think you have Derek Carr a little low :D

I mean 

This was before game 1 and I don’t think anyone seen Derek Carr having this good of start to the season 

Let’s see if he can get keep this level of play up 

7 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I mean 

This was before game 1 and I don’t think anyone seen Derek Carr having this good of start to the season 

No you're fine there.

Rodgers is probably about 7 spots higher than I'd have him and Stafford about 3 spots lower. Nothing I would take exception to or really even argue over.

Thus far Goff should probably be lower too, but I think most people assume Detroit will iron a few things out.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2024 at 9:12 AM, mdonnelly21 said:

I mean 

Derek Carr always starts the first several games hot. 2019-2021 he started off as a Top 4-5 QB statistically the first 7-8 games of the year. He’s a terrible second half QB. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1