Around The League Talk 2024-25

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Can you imagine this fan base and the revisionist history that will take place if Willis balls in Green Bay!? 

I still like Willis, but him starting after two weeks in a new system is the worst thing that could possibly happen to him. For a guy who struggles to make a decision and let it rip, putting him out there with receivers he barely knows and a new playbook is going to lead to at least 10 sacks.

Though I’d love to see him beat Indy lol.

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I still like Willis, but him starting after two weeks in a new system is the worst thing that could possibly happen to him. For a guy who struggles to make a decision and let it rip, putting him out there with receivers he barely knows and a new playbook is going to lead to at least 10 sacks.

Though I’d love to see him beat Indy lol.

Willis might have been good if he went to a place where there was zero pressure to start and a QB developer.  He made strides, but he just had such a ways to go, those strides weren't enough.

It shouldn't be hard to make something out of a guy who comes into the league with a borderline top 10 arm, and probably top two legs.  But he just had no vision.  I think that was the thing that never improved as much as the other stuff, and if you can't see the field, you are not gonna be a starting caliber QB.

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Willis might have been good if he went to a place where there was zero pressure to start and a QB developer.  He made strides, but he just had such a ways to go, those strides weren't enough.

It shouldn't be hard to make something out of a guy who comes into the league with a borderline top 10 arm, and probably top two legs.  But he just had no vision.  I think that was the thing that never improved as much as the other stuff, and if you can't see the field, you are not gonna be a starting caliber QB.

Note, I meant more as a person than as a football player lol. I think he can probably be a competent long-term backup QB.  But yeah, him being asked to start already is probably a disaster.

• Like 1

You know it’s funny. If the Titans win against Chicago, the clip that gets shown over and over is probably the TD to Chig, and the narrative is “Levis is shaky, but the Titans still manage to snag a road win.”

• Like 1

so there's a nonzero chance we face two backup QBs in a row after the jets game. for any other team i'd be marveling at that kind of scheduling luck but mostly i'm just wondering how many game-destroying special teams disasters and turnovers we will manage lol