GB vs PHI : Post Game Recap

GHARMON9

49 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Going after the rookie heavy.

We've got to keep him in the pocket, which seemed like the plan against Hurts. Front 4 have to keep pushing the pocket in giving him less space. I'd blitz Cooper up the middle on a few delayed blitzes. More Cooper less Wilson and McMuffin. 

If you keep Richardson in the pocket and don't let him run, he's going to struggle to beat us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Our red zone offense is what lost us the game.  Our inside power running game lost the game.  Our playcalling to continue to run up the middle on power schemes lost the game. 

See i dont know where this can possibly come from?

We gained 160 yards running, mostly between the tackles. We werent doing any toss ****. There was the 1 reed end around but otherwise it was inside with a couple bounces. I dont know what good blocking can possibly be at this point.

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We've got to keep him in the pocket, which seemed like the plan against Hurts. Front 4 have to keep pushing the pocket in giving him less space. I'd blitz Cooper up the middle on a few delayed blitzes. More Cooper less Wilson and McMuffin. 

If you keep Richardson in the pocket and don't let him run, he's going to struggle to beat us. 

That quote was about targeting the Eagles rookie CB.

But yeah seems like a sound strategy vs Richardson.

Love played like absolute garbage and so did Jaire. Not gonna win a whole lot of games when your two highest paid guys play like those two did against the Eagles. The division is looking stronger than it has at any point in the last decade, I know it's week 1 but we might be in real trouble.

51 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Love played like absolute garbage and so did Jaire. Not gonna win a whole lot of games when your two highest paid guys play like those two did against the Eagles. The division is looking stronger than it has at any point in the last decade, I know it's week 1 but we might be in real trouble.

Detroit - yeah. They're gonna be tough and we'll need to take care of them directly.
I'm not gonna lose sleep over MIN clobbering the NYGs. Time will tell how good they are.
Chicago's Chicago...and we own them. Period :)

17 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Nobody said this. Is there anybody here that can discuss things without straw-manning?

Don't be so quick to get all upset bro, was just noting this we seem overly upset in the defense so yes that is based on expectations...........didn't single you our so take your straw and put it back it's all good i could really care less just a note. Not all notes need a response with a straw man straw girl or straw non binary included:). Have a nice day. 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Detroit - yeah. They're gonna be tough and we'll need to take care of them directly.
I'm not gonna lose sleep over MIN clobbering the NYGs. Time will tell how good they are.
Chicago's Chicago...and we own them. Period :)

We have no QB for at least the next month. At this point we just gotta pray the rest of the division doesn't get far out ahead of us.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

See i dont know where this can possibly come from?

We gained 160 yards running, mostly between the tackles. We werent doing any toss ****. There was the 1 reed end around but otherwise it was inside with a couple bounces. I dont know what good blocking can possibly be at this point.

Red Zone offense.  When we tried power runs up the middle and needed a yard or two, we were stuffed.  We got the passing game going, then some seams opened up over the tackle positions, maybe the guard/tackle position.

Those two young DL's at Philly were really, really stout and disruptive.  They blew things up inside, when it mattered most.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

thought the game was evenly matched.  Two good teams.

Defense didn't make enough plays.  Catching the pick 6 would have saved the day.  Defense got beat in a number of ways, which on one hand is good because they didn't have a clear weakness, but they also didn't have a clear strength.

Jacobs looked really good to me.  Bad first half was just bad blocking.  He made some strong runs when he got any sort of room.

He's an odd looking back, right?

When he has to dance and wait for a hole, there's little acceleration there.

Thought he was a bigger back with power, but he sure didn't push a pile at all.  (Could be that the Iggles were that stout on the tackles, too.)

Then when given a crease, Jacobs got through it with ease and showed good speed in the open field.

I don't know if Jacobs is good, bad or indifferent.  He just runs a lot different than what we are used to seeing.  Jones and Dillon.

Jones could hit everything fast and usually find a little crease on short yardage.  Dillon would just plow into the pile, or trip before the pile.

Watching Jones dance and skip at the LOS while waiting for something to open reminded me just a little of that old Steeler, Bell.  Only Bell was much better at it.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, if you are the leader of the wagon for Cooper, I'm on, and I want to run for a cabinet position.

I'll take his growing pains, easily, to get that athlete onto the field.

That guy was just so fast....we gotta let him blitz some.  He makes Quay look slow and that is sayin' something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

He's an odd looking back, right?

When he has to dance and wait for a hole, there's little acceleration there.

Thought he was a bigger back with power, but he sure didn't push a pile at all.  (Could be that the Iggles were that stout on the tackles, too.)

Then when given a crease, Jacobs got through it with ease and showed good speed in the open field.

I don't know if Jacobs is good, bad or indifferent.  He just runs a lot different than what we are used to seeing.  Jones and Dillon.

Jones could hit everything fast and usually find a little crease on short yardage.  Dillon would just plow into the pile, or trip before the pile.

Watching Jones dance and skip at the LOS while waiting for something to open reminded me just a little of that old Steeler, Bell.  Only Bell was much better at it.

the stiff arms one-on-one were the most impressive thing to me.  He consistently beat 1 guy in the hole once there was a run to hit.

Far too many shotgun runs for me to evaluate his short yardage stuff and power.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, if you are the leader of the wagon for Cooper, I'm on, and I want to run for a cabinet position.

I'll take his growing pains, easily, to get that athlete onto the field.

That guy was just so fast....we gotta let him blitz some.  He makes Quay look slow and that is sayin' something.

Also, to go with his speed he has that heat seeking missile to the ball that great LBs and safeties have. It seems like he sees things quickly and reacts. That can get you in trouble if the misdirection works but more often than not, it can completely wreck a play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I noticed Bullard getting beat on a few crossers in what looked to be man coverage, what was the safety play like overall?  Did 3 safeties play/rotate?

I didn't notice Evan on the field.  Did see him on the sidelines.

Did notice Bullard in the slot, a lot.  I thought he looked like a promising rookie.  Made some nice plays and stops.  Whiffed on a play or two and was beaten on a play or two.

But I'm not down on Bullard.  I still think he's going to be special.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I noticed Bullard getting beat on a few crossers in what looked to be man coverage, what was the safety play like overall?  Did 3 safeties play/rotate?

Snap counts indicate EW was ST only. For what it’s worth, X said he immediately knew what he personally was not getting right before even going over the tape. Hope he is instrumental in getting the machine working correctly on that end of things. D and OL will be called upon to pull more weight these next few weeks. 

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-snap-counts-week-one-2024-615