Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) vs. 49ers (1-0)

swede700

3 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Fun fact: Vikings vs. 49ers all-time series is now 25-25-1.

Which, of course, includes the playoffs, where they are a miserable 1-5 vs. them...with the only win coming that in memorable AC game.  Otherwise, they've generally been throttled by the Niners in the playoffs, with only one other game where the Vikings have come within 16 pts (a game in the John Brodie/Gary Cuozzo era).   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Kind of related, I think we should be happy that people only know of the Vikings being 0-4 in the SBs and now how poorly the team has actually played in them. Never had a lead in any of them I believe? lol This is even something I've only learned recently, so we gotta keep it hush hush lol

Then...you're welcome to delete your post!  Some of us still have nightmares!!!

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

kittle-kids.jpg

Wow that is cool, really brings home the fact that these guys have families and honestly Nick Mullens could be one or two years away from not having a job in the NFL anymore as a player.  Curious if he will get into coaching, I assume he will if he is interested in it, a ton of backup QBs get into coaching because in some ways they already are doing that if they do not play a ton.  Kellen Moore, Alex Van Pelt, Ken Dorsey, Mike Kafka, Kliff Kingsbury, Zach Robinson, Klint Kubiak etc come to mind currently.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

a ton of backup QBs get into coaching because in some ways they already are doing that if they do not play a ton.  Kellen Moore, Alex Van Pelt, Ken Dorsey, Mike Kafka, Kliff Kingsbury, Zach Robinson, Klint Kubiak etc come to mind currently.  

Sean Mannion.

and there's that O'Connell guy too.

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Sean Mannion.

and there's that O'Connell guy too.

I did not count head coaches, but yeah there is a lot just in the NFL much less if one goes into college football.  I did not know Sean Mannion was an offensive assistant for the Packers currently, but good for him, probably will have a longer career doing that than playing.  Honestly if he has a good football mind that is the only reason he was kept around because it was not his playing ability, possibly same said about Mullens but Mullens does have more ability than Mannion did.