Packers do NOT place QB Jordan Love on IR; To start QB Malik Willis

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

GB isn’t typically an organization i question like Baltimore and Pittsburgh but are they really not going to bring in a vet and they are starting a guy that just got there?

Vs. bringing in a guy who doesn't know the offense and likely can't be ready to start in a week? Vet or not they don't know the offense and the only two QBs who do Willis and their practice squad QB. 

• Like 1

I have to ask. How bad of a QB is Sean Clifford if you are the back up QB to Jordan Love for the entire 2023 season, but Malik Willis starts a week after joining the team?

How is he not the first choice? Surely he has a full grasp of the entire playbook? Has familiarity with all of the personnel? Some semblance of chemistry with the WR's? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I have to ask. How bad of a QB is Sean Clifford if you are the back up QB to Jordan Love for the entire 2023 season, but Malik Willis starts a week after joining the team?

How is he not the first choice? Surely he has a full grasp of the entire playbook? Has familiarity with all of the personnel? Some semblance of chemistry with the WR's? 

It's all good, I've been told wasting a draft pick on a backup QB who was bad in college is ok

On 9/10/2024 at 6:48 PM, Xmad said:

Vs. bringing in a guy who doesn't know the offense and likely can't be ready to start in a week? Vet or not they don't know the offense and the only two QBs who do Willis and their practice squad QB. 

Remember when Baker Mayfield went to the Rams mid-week with their complex offense and led the team to victory? Remember when Josh Dobbs went to the Vikings mid-week, didn’t even pick up the KoC offense, and led the team to victory the same week?

If you can upgrade from a Malik Willis caliber QB, you do it. Playbook isn’t gonna help you if you can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

44 minutes ago, Soko said:

Remember when Baker Mayfield went to the Rams mid-week with their complex offense and led the team to victory? Remember when Josh Dobbs went to the Vikings mid-week, didn’t even pick up the KoC offense, and led the team to victory the same week?

If you can upgrade from a Malik Willis caliber QB, you do it. Playbook isn’t gonna help you if you can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Yeah and those guys both came in when their starters went down for the season and the team was struggling to find a decent QB. You just need a guy to FILL IN and be the backup for the year, you're not finding that guy on the street and the packers already committed to willis (yeah he was bad as a rookie QB...who isn't unless they have talent around them or good coaching) either he thrives or they turn to clifford and Willis is his backup. 

6 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Yeah and those guys both came in when their starters went down for the season and the team was struggling to find a decent QB. You just need a guy to FILL IN and be the backup for the year, you're not finding that guy on the street and the packers already committed to willis (yeah he was bad as a rookie QB...who isn't unless they have talent around them or good coaching) either he thrives or they turn to clifford and Willis is his backup. 

They came in off the street on short notice into strong offenses and did enough to help their team win a game with basically no prep. 

This isn’t the Josh Dobbs “he just hasn’t had his chance” argument is it? Time will tell.

30 minutes ago, Soko said:

They came in off the street on short notice into strong offenses and did enough to help their team win a game with basically no prep. 

This isn’t the Josh Dobbs “he just hasn’t had his chance” argument is it? Time will tell.

Yeah offenses with establish identities and systems that work outside the QB (KOC is the McVay tree after all), LeFleur's offense leans a lot of the QB audibling and adjusting the play to get the best matchup possible. Especially with a younger offensive core outside of Jacobs. 

Willis will do fine and Ryan Tannehill's corpse can remain rotting.

2 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Yeah offenses with establish identities and systems that work outside the QB (KOC is the McVay tree after all), LeFleur's offense leans a lot of the QB audibling and adjusting the play to get the best matchup possible. Especially with a younger offensive core outside of Jacobs. 

Willis will do fine and Ryan Tannehill's corpse can remain rotting.

You have a gross misunderstanding if you think Malik Willis is capable of this lmao

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Soko said:

You have a gross misunderstanding if you think Malik Willis is capable of this lmao

Meh I trust the packers coaching staff to see something in a QB over a dude they spent a year with as their backup.

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honestly though, who the heck is Sean Clifford even?  And where did he come from?  And how did he end up on a roster?

I genuinely have never heard of the guy.

So...i guess getting lapped by a guy who just arrived a few days ago makes sense probably.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Honestly though, who the heck is Sean Clifford even?  And where did he come from?  And how did he end up on a roster?

I genuinely have never heard of the guy.

So...i guess getting lapped by a guy who just arrived a few days ago makes sense probably.

Kinda my point. How was he somehow worthy of being the #2 QB on last years team for the entire season but not starting this week?

If he sucks that bad , why even have him on the roster, PS?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 12:48 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Kinda my point. How was he somehow worthy of being the #2 QB on last years team for the entire season but not starting this week?

If he sucks that bad , why even have him on the roster, PS?

Because he wasn't brutal last year.  I'm not going to say he was good, but he was given every opportunity to win that QB2 job and he fumbled it away.

• Like 1