Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

This ain't gonna cut it folks. Gary got schooled all night by Johnson (who admittedly is very good). I know the pass rush wasn't pinning their ears back to contain Hurts, but you can't win football games with this output. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This ain't gonna cut it folks. Gary got schooled all night by Johnson (who admittedly is very good). I know the pass rush wasn't pinning their ears back to contain Hurts, but you can't win football games with this output. 

I'm starting to think we might regret this contract. The sack he got our DT was offsides and most thought the play would be blown dead. 
Last 7 games of 2023 no sacks and get got 6 of his 9 sacks from two games. He's not the best versus the run either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's year 6 for Gary, and I'm still waiting for him to reach the potential I keep hearing so much about.

Maybe he reached his peak before your typical prime years of 26-30ish just like our highly paid CB?

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In defense of Gary, this play happened.  So I'm not sure how PFF can say Gary had zero pass rush wins while the PHI OL gave up zero sacks and zero QB hits.

Gary_Sack_2.gif

Our DT, Wyatt was in the neutral zone and the play should have been blown dead. But yeah I guess. Technically he should get credit for it. 

22 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Our DT, Wyatt was in the neutral zone and the play should have been blown dead. But yeah I guess. Technically he should get credit for it. 

It's not a matter of whether he should get credit.  The fact is, he did get credit.  The game stats show Gary with a sack, and that's the play where it happened.  PFF says Gary had no pass rush wins, and the PHI OL gave up no sacks or QB hits.  Classic PFF.

47 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In defense of Gary, this play happened.  So I'm not sure how PFF can say Gary had zero pass rush wins while the PHI OL gave up zero sacks and zero QB hits.

Gary_Sack_2.gif

They scored this as being Hurts' fault, not Johnsons. The play was wonky. Gary still made the play (although he should have went for the ball and stripped him), but I don't think anyone would watch this and say Johnson "gave up a sack here."

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

I'm starting to think we might regret this contract. The sack he got our DT was offsides and most thought the play would be blown dead. 
Last 7 games of 2023 no sacks and get got 6 of his 9 sacks from two games. He's not the best versus the run either.

I'll be honest, I don't think Gary gets any favors from the staff he's had to date. Watch the Chiefs, Raiders and Lions and how they use Jones, Crosby and Hutchinson. Those guys line up all over the line depending on the situation, looking for every mismatch possible. Unless I missed it, the Packers chose to line up Gary exclusively over Johnson, maybe the best RT in the game. If I can think of a dumber plan, I'll let you know. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

The media and lots of people on this board are acting like GB is putting a defenseless child out at QB.

He hasn't started a game since he was a rookie and as we all know - players can get better.

Will it be pretty or up to our standard at QB? Probably not. Can he win the game? Absolutely.

Career stats

12 Games played, 3 started. 1-2 as a starter.
35/67 = 52% completion rating, 350 passing yards.  0 TDs and 3 INTs. 15 sacks
27 rushes , 123 yards.  1 Td and 3 Fumbles. 

And he's been in our system for less than 3 weeks. 

It might be justified lol